How much did we make in the end?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 15 May 2007 09:37

Silver Fox According to today's Telegraph we made 23.64M from the league and 0.78M from the cups, finishing 9th in the money league

Although that doesn;t include other sources of earnings, if gate money, sponsorship, merchandise are include we'll plummet into the relegation zone !

It's a tidy sum of cash but probably doesn;t cover the wage bill !

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 15 May 2007 10:37

Behindu Just happened to spot the Marlow one in a newsletter, and if there is a random company in Marlow doing £100 million I suspect there will be plenty within spitting distance of the Mad Stad doing at least as much.

I reckon the chain of Davina's in Reading would easily do more than £100m each year.

Skyline

by Skyline » 15 May 2007 12:05

Behindu ING are Reading based as well...

Would that be ING the Dutch bank?

valiant royal

by valiant royal » 15 May 2007 12:43

M Brook how comes we didn't get the Fair Play entry into the EUFA cup?

The draws has only just taken place (about ten minutes ago) for the countries providing the clubs to take up the final two places along side Sweden (who came top of the Fair Play countries and so get a place automatically).

England did qualify for the draw.

However, the 'fair play' criteria isn't just on cards, so we may not be in contention for the English place....does anyone know where we came in the Fair Play table ?

See here for details of how the three 'fair play' places are decided....

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacu ... 36507.html

valiant royal

by valiant royal » 15 May 2007 12:51

valiant royal

does anyone know where we came in the Fair Play table ?

Just found the answer to my own question - we only came seventh - Spurs were top but as they've already qualified as of right, Aston villa would take the fair play place if England were one of the countries drawn.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 15 May 2007 14:44

Behindu ING are Reading based as well...

And Primark HQ is in Reading !
ING are dutch, Primark are based in Ireland (as Penneys) although their UK base is in Reading. Probably the biggest fashion name to originate around Reading is Burburry which started in Basingstoke though they're based in London now.

How much does Sackville Properties turnover and where are they based? It might be that RFC aren't even the biggest business that John Madejski owns in Reading (though I have no idea about them at all!).

They would have to go some to beat the £1.62 billion turnover of yell which is a Reading based company

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 15 May 2007 14:50

valiant royal
valiant royal

does anyone know where we came in the Fair Play table ?

Just found the answer to my own question - we only came seventh - Spurs were top but as they've already qualified as of right, Aston villa would take the fair play place if England were one of the countries drawn.

All irrelevant now as Norway and Finland got the other 2 places in the draw (seems highly coincidental that, but I'm sure it must have been fair play eh?)