Alcohol policy

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Alcohol policy

by Coppelled Streets » 20 May 2007 23:44

PieEater
shadesrwrf 12.2 Being in possession of any intoxicating liquor, or bottle, can or other portable container and which could cause damage or personal injury, when entering the Ground or in a public area of the Ground from which the event can be directly viewed.

Presumably that means my thermos flask is technically in breach of the rules.

:wink:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 May 2007 07:54

I know of someone who frequently takes a hip flask with (several) tots of rum in it to home games. Hasn't been caught once since the stadium opened.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 May 2007 08:42

Jerry St Clair I know of someone who frequently takes a hip flask with (several) tots of rum in it to home games. Hasn't been caught once since the stadium opened.

As with lots of rules I think someone who is discrete and doesn;t draw attention to themselves will usually have few problems.

Walking up to the turnstile with a glass of beer will make it obvious, discretely having a hip flask in your pocket won't.

If you cause trouble as a result of having too many tots then you'll draw attention to yourself, if you just enjoy the game then no problem.

I've been known to take a flask of coffee with a nip of brandy in it on a cold day, the rules aren;t there to prevent that sort of thing.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 May 2007 10:05

Do the people who seem to want to take their own booze because of the price also take their own cans down the pub with them?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 May 2007 10:08

You could smuggle it in using a wheelchair with the tyres full of beer.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 21 May 2007 19:26

Forbury Lion You could smuggle it in using a wheelchair with the tyres full of beer.

Rubber Fosters what a thought!

philM

by philM » 21 May 2007 19:52

biscuitsrus
Forbury Lion You could smuggle it in using a wheelchair with the tyres full of beer.

Carlsbelm.

Sorry :twisted:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 May 2007 19:52

biscuitsrus

Could well improve it, although still not make it actually drinkable....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 May 2007 20:00

Silver Fox Do the people who seem to want to take their own booze because of the price also take their own cans down the pub with them?
No, they just go to a cheaper pub.

I don't agree with the legislation that makes it legal to buy drink in the ground but not take drink in.

It isn't an arrestable offence to take a beer into a pub, but you can understand being told to leave. On that basis I can see why alcohol may be banned and accept it as a valid, If unpopular reason to ban booze.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Alcohol policy

by Hugo Boss » 23 May 2007 13:38

Rule Makers 12 Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985, the following are offences for which a person can be arrested by a police officer and conviction could result in a Banning Order being made:

12.1 Attempting to enter the Ground or being inside the Ground whilst drunk;

12.2 Being in possession of any intoxicating liquor, or bottle, can or other portable container and which could cause damage or personal injury, when entering the Ground or in a public area of the Ground from which the event can be directly viewed.

Second rule disgracefully broken at the Watford home game by a few members of Team Burbs.

First rule disgracefully broken at every game this season by a few members of Team Burbs.

BerksBlue

by BerksBlue » 01 Jun 2007 12:38

Could always do things the scottish way and inject vodka into oranges! No-ones going to throw you out for having a half time citrus fruit!!! hahaha. The thing that really gets my goat is why are we not allowed to consume alcohol within the seated bowl. The dirty rugger buggers can!

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 01 Jun 2007 14:50

BerksBlue Could always do things the scottish way and inject vodka into oranges! No-ones going to throw you out for having a half time citrus fruit!!! hahaha. The thing that really gets my goat is why are we not allowed to consume alcohol within the seated bowl. The dirty rugger buggers can!

Because of previous problems with hooliganism

In scotland you still can't buy beer inside the stadium and has been such since the riot at the scottish cup final in 1980, 27 years ago.

BerksBlue

by BerksBlue » 01 Jun 2007 15:30

Im aware about the ruling in Scotland. Its not discrimatory though. Its an offence to sell or consume alcohol at all sporting venues! Hence the cheeky citrus fruit trick. And the no fruit allowed policy. Not sure that'll affect us down here though?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 Jun 2007 16:02

BerksBlue Could always do things the scottish way and inject vodka into oranges! No-ones going to throw you out for having a half time citrus fruit!!! hahaha. The thing that really gets my goat is why are we not allowed to consume alcohol within the seated bowl. The dirty rugger buggers can!

put it in a coke drinks container with the lid on