Play your family fortune shirts right blankety...whatever!!!

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 25 Nov 2007 18:53

Dirk Gently
Y21_Royal
AthleticoSpizz now just where is that Golden Gamble ticket?

ripped into tiny little pieces as you lose again for the 97th match running

At the Arsenal match, because it was cold I wore a coat that I'd not worn since February - and in the pocket were Golden Gamble tickets from the Villa match - so I dumped them behind my seat.

Come the GG draw at half-time, some muppet had only gone and picked them up and was checking them! :lol: :lol:

:lol: who said football fans could be a bit thick? Lies!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2007 19:01

Dirk Gently
Y21_Royal
AthleticoSpizz now just where is that Golden Gamble ticket?

ripped into tiny little pieces as you lose again for the 97th match running

At the Arsenal match, because it was cold I wore a coat that I'd not worn since February - and in the pocket were Golden Gamble tickets from the Villa match - so I dumped them behind my seat.

Come the GG draw at half-time, some muppet had only gone and picked them up and was checking them! :lol: :lol:
LOL

at the (evening game ..you know, the one where Paul Brooker took the quick free kick thanx to Marcus's generosity) Brighton match a few seasons ago, I let a peroxided blonde lady push in in front of me at the vendors stall.

Yes you've guessed it,

The ticket number in front of mine was pulled out

£1000 to her :twisted:

My kids starved for another week

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Dec 2007 22:54

Will BTB/107 please finally bury this half-time embarresment

It is not good and very few are interested

Bring back the Golden Gate

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Dec 2007 23:28

The best ever halftime entertainment I've seen was on a rainy August Saturday in Northampton, they invited fans to see if they could land a ball in the back of a car from the halfway line. Being wet everyone was useless, and slipped over. I've only seen what we do recently, and its quite shocking, about as shocking as trying to hit the corner flag.

Pizza thing they did last season was amusing about once, I didnt even know this happened in the Championship season too, always went out for a beer with the missus, and saw it on tv one night, someone on the crowd with some pizza, and wondered how the oxf*rd he had got that at halftime!

:lol:

Another thing I've noticed, was away teams don't bring a mascot (ala Kingsley) they used to be rubbish penalty shoot outs between the mascots but was quite funny trying to see a big lion dive and fall over. Am I right in saying the Lion once lost his head (iirc Cambridge away!)

Anyway, half time, beer thanks, and half times

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 03 Dec 2007 08:09

Can someone explain the half time entertainment please? I've never seen it.

Regardless, the only half time entertainment that is acceptable at football matches is a children's penalty shoot-out - ideally with at least one fat kid in each side. And a ludicrously tiny goalkeeper (make them play in full size goals and I'm in heaven).

Skyline

by Skyline » 09 Dec 2007 11:22

Bought a programme yesterday for the first time all season, and reading the bit about the half-time entertainment I noticed it said the PYSR yesterday was "the penultimate chance for Reading fans to win £107". Now either they missed of a bit saying "before Christmas", or else someone from Back The Boys realises that the whole thing has gone down like a lead balloon and they're ditching it after the Sunderland game.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2007 11:24

Skyline Bought a programme yesterday for the first time all season, and reading the bit about the half-time entertainment I noticed it said the PYSR yesterday was "the penultimate chance for Reading fans to win £107". Now either they missed of a bit saying "before Christmas", or else someone from Back The Boys realises that the whole thing has gone down like a lead balloon and they're ditching it after the Sunderland game.

Or 107 have blown their budget!!

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 09 Dec 2007 13:38

Skyline Bought a programme yesterday for the first time all season, and reading the bit about the half-time entertainment I noticed it said the PYSR yesterday was "the penultimate chance for Reading fans to win £107". Now either they missed of a bit saying "before Christmas", or else someone from Back The Boys realises that the whole thing has gone down like a lead balloon and they're ditching it after the Sunderland game.

We can but hope. Here's hoping for the penalty shoot out's return. Guaranteed to lose me a quid each week as I back the wrong team but always fun