Standing at Tottenham

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 09 Jan 2008 23:44

paultheroyal
Platypuss Let me get this straight.

1. You state that there is no evidence of demand for safe standing.

2. You agree that significant numbers of people want to stand at matches.

Please explain how you can hold these beliefs at the same time.

1. In relation to Reading yes (there is no demand for safe standing) - using the last few away matches as perfect points - particulary Saturday for reasons already posted and i wont be retyping here.

2. Define significant? As stated earlier with DG not the majority. If we go by the majority then No - safe standing is not required. Majority for your benefit is 51/49 - HTH.

Paul you talk some norrow minded crap. But you are good at it. Fair play.

2-0 andapenalty
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 2-0 andapenalty » 10 Jan 2008 06:22

Excellent non answer I thought. The majority do not buy food, but it is still offered. If 2000 fans wanted to stand I would call that signifigant.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 10 Jan 2008 07:45

paultheroyal
Baines
paultheroyal
Baines
paultheroyal more people chose to sit than stand because they want to - not just because they have to!!!!

Come on paul - at least try to explain why people sitting in seats means that they wouldn't want to stand in a terrace. You don't seem to normally drop an opinion just because it's stupid - what's become of you?

Football has moved on. With seating you have a choice - and as it is now it works.....You sit and watch a game - gets exciting for goal mouth action....fans stand....action dies down...everyone sits down - i have not got a problem with that - and the "majority" of fans i am sure think the same.

After all the talk on here about standing....Spurs away was a classic example of this - stewards or no stewards I genuinely believe fans would rather sit and mix it up rather than stand for 90.

I stand by what i say guys.

Because there are seats there, and there is pressure to sit down from stewards and most considerate fans don't want to force the person behind them to stand.

PS I assume that you put "majority" in quotation marks because you were using it to mean "minority", bearing in mind the preference of 63% of fans for standing

paultheroyal I stand by what i say guys.

Indeed.

Upper tier on Saturday there was no pressure from stewards - fans behaved accordingly.

Presumably:

Because there are seats there, and there is pressure to sit down from stewards and most considerate fans don't want to force the person behind them to stand.