Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

140 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fans who travelled today

by strap » 20 Apr 2008 20:04

readingbedding Great...another my Dad's bigger than your Dad thread.
Cocks out...

Oh do get a life. Standing in the pissing rain at Aldershit, Crewe and Bradford in 71-72 took far more bottle than an hour's trip to the Arse yesterday!

To be fair, it doesn't matter. Fans that go to away games, be it in the Prem or back in the dark days of Div 4, clearly put more into supporting RFC than those that only go to home games, (well except thsoe of us that have 5 hour round trips I suppose, so thta's my argument pissed!).

Why are you so gay? If people are prepared to shell out hard earned to go to the library and sit all day in sullen silence, what's it to you?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Apr 2008 20:19

strap
readingbedding Great...another my Dad's bigger than your Dad thread.
Cocks out...

Oh do get a life. Standing in the pissing rain at Aldershit, Crewe and Bradford in 71-72 took far more bottle than an hour's trip to the Arse yesterday!

To be fair, it doesn't matter. Fans that go to away games, be it in the Prem or back in the dark days of Div 4, clearly put more into supporting RFC than those that only go to home games, (well except thsoe of us that have 5 hour round trips I suppose, so thta's my argument pissed!).

Why are you so gay? If people are prepared to shell out hard earned to go to the library and sit all day in sullen silence, what's it to you?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you misunderstanding me on purpose?
Or aren't you reading what I am saying
Where am I moaning that people watch Reading without singing or chanting.

My obvious point is that these threads always turn into a pissing contest.
'I'm a bigger fan than you because of a,b or c...'
'My Dad's bigger than your Dad...'
etc,etc,etc.

Wearing your 'great fan' badge is fantastic to read and yes, driving in the 1970's to see Aldershot vs Reading etc, etc on an uncovered terrace in the rain must have took a lot of bottle.

How evocative.
Everyone who watches a football match, for whatever reason, has a different starting point, different lifestyles and sometimes these lifestyles change.
Pomposity about people who go to away matches are a better class of fan than those who only go to home games is just that - pompous!

Why am I gay?
Just because i'm pointing out the fact that you don't seem to understand what I am saying doesn't mean that I want a willy up my backside.

SirGarth

by SirGarth » 20 Apr 2008 20:29

Was very poor, but I thought the 57,000 Arsenal fans was dreadful, even by Arsenals own poor standards

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Apr 2008 20:36

Shit atmsophere at Arsenal? Just like the last 2 years then.

A comfy new stadium, £10 travel, the RFC season ticket holders perfect day out.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Apr 2008 20:37

Not a bad day out overall tbh.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Apr 2008 21:01

I had no interest in going to Arsenal because I knew it would be like that. People sat down uttering barely a word all game like they're at the theatre.

We have our moments. Fulham and West Ham have been cracking days out, but these games are few and far between.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2008 21:03

Tamworth_Royal
AthleticoSpizz and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

(I proudly sat down at Bury)

Here's another one for you Spizz, were you a member of the 12 at Exeter open terrace 1981 ish who proudly sat down singing to the Gap bands "oop's up side head" but altered it to "stick up boot up city's arse""stick up boot up city's arse" Don't ever question me as a Royals fan, Bury...... pa..that was full of support

Do you two want to spare us the bullshit and just get together and compare cock sizes?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Apr 2008 21:04

Ian Royal
Tamworth_Royal
AthleticoSpizz and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

(I proudly sat down at Bury)

Here's another one for you Spizz, were you a member of the 12 at Exeter open terrace 1981 ish who proudly sat down singing to the Gap bands "oop's up side head" but altered it to "stick up boot up city's arse""stick up boot up city's arse" Don't ever question me as a Royals fan, Bury...... pa..that was full of support

Do you two want to spare us the bullshit and just get together and compare cock sizes?
pardon, where did that come from little man? ...don't take life on here so seriously

Now go and have a nice cheery cup of Fiick off
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 20 Apr 2008 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Apr 2008 21:15

Despite the result I always enjoy an Away Day

I havn't missed a league game Home and Away this season and I have seen some pretty awful displays and results but they have always been top days out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2008 21:17

You seemed to be playing "I'm the bigger/better/longest serving fan" game, which always strikes me as a bit "my cock's bigger than your cock"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Apr 2008 21:17

Ian Royal You seemed to be playing "I'm the bigger/better/longest serving fan" game, which always strikes me as a bit "my cock's bigger than your cock"
then you think wrong :roll:

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Apr 2008 21:46

i think this forum is getting a bit too gay for my liking :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2008 21:49

madreadingfan i think this forum is getting a bit too gay for my liking :roll:

Homophobe

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 20 Apr 2008 21:51

Jerry St Clair said
I had no interest in going to Arsenal because I knew it would be like that. People sat down uttering barely a word all game like they're at the theatre.

We have our moments. Fulham and West Ham have been cracking days out, but these games are few and far between.

its ok, we didn't miss you anyway !!!

We were sat in Row 27 and the guys behind us were exceptionally noisey and not to say humorous when they started chanting songs that suggested that Mr Lehmann was going bald ! :mrgreen: Where I normally sit at home is like sitting in a morgue sometimes so any away match with these sorts of people is an added bonus (to the fact that my ticket didn't work in the card reader, being charged just over a tenner for 2 hot dogs and 2 cokes)......fun say out and atleast I didn't get wet util i got home !

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Apr 2008 22:02

woodley_royal_124 Jerry St Clair said

its ok, we didn't miss you anyway !!!

We were sat in Row 27 and the guys behind us were exceptionally noisey and not to say humorous when they started chanting songs that suggested that Mr Lehmann was going bald ! :mrgreen: Where I normally sit at home is like sitting in a morgue sometimes so any away match with these sorts of people is an added bonus (to the fact that my ticket didn't work in the card reader, being charged just over a tenner for 2 hot dogs and 2 cokes)......fun say out and atleast I didn't get wet util i got home !

I was row 27 :wink: and those guys were legends!!!!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 20 Apr 2008 22:08

It's almost every pissin game, another thread about the shite amosphere. It's getting somewhat tedious now.

I travelled yesterday to my 195th consecutive match home and away, league and cup (wooo, look at me :roll: ) and I quite honestly enjoyed it as much as I would a bullet in my head. it was the most pointless "competitive" match I've been to in all my 20 years of watching RFC. I was bored shitless, knowing full well that I was there to watch the inevitable away defeat to a far far superior side. I also knew that I'd be sat around a bunch of day tripping knob jocks who were there mainly so that they could say they'd been to the Emirates. I couldn't be arsed with the result, I was actually pleased with a 2-0 defeat (which pissed on my argument that we shouldn't turn up and forfeit the game with a compulsory 3-0 defeat), quite pleased with a couple of the moves we strung together in the 2nd half. But in all I couldn't have been less enthusiastic if I tried, because I'm tired and bored of the Premier League malarky. Bring me Championship football any day - cheaper, more matches, better class of opposition fan leading to much more fun days out.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 20 Apr 2008 22:50

I have hardly botherd going away this year. I just cannot justify spending 60/70/80 quid on tickets/travel/drink/food to have a shite day out. It just is not fun anymore. If every away game was like Palace away on that Friday night a couple of years ago I would be there. But paying a wad of cash to sit down with my arms folded just does not appeal to me.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 20 Apr 2008 22:59

handbags_harris It's almost every pissin game, another thread about the shite amosphere. It's getting somewhat tedious now.

I travelled yesterday to my 195th consecutive match home and away, league and cup (wooo, look at me :roll: ) and I quite honestly enjoyed it as much as I would a bullet in my head. it was the most pointless "competitive" match I've been to in all my 20 years of watching RFC. I was bored shitless, knowing full well that I was there to watch the inevitable away defeat to a far far superior side. I also knew that I'd be sat around a bunch of day tripping knob jocks who were there mainly so that they could say they'd been to the Emirates. I couldn't be arsed with the result, I was actually pleased with a 2-0 defeat (which pissed on my argument that we shouldn't turn up and forfeit the game with a compulsory 3-0 defeat), quite pleased with a couple of the moves we strung together in the 2nd half. But in all I couldn't have been less enthusiastic if I tried, because I'm tired and bored of the Premier League malarky. Bring me Championship football any day - cheaper, more matches, better class of opposition fan leading to much more fun days out.

You were doing so well...

There's no way I'd give up the Premier League malarky. But then I'm new to all this football supporting stuff.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 21 Apr 2008 01:18

handbags_harris It's almost every pissin game, another thread about the shite amosphere. It's getting somewhat tedious now.

Bet you were glad i started we're the right side/left side then. Easily bored of another Reading away loss during the 2nd half so just decided to entertain those around me with some brilliant chants. Those on the far right of the away section had some good banter going with some of the Arsenal fans.

Atmosphere was ok but it would help if there was a low roof over our heads. When "little" Reading go to the "big 4," their fans aren't exactly going to be up for it. You also have to remember the past couple of weeks that Arsenal fans have suffered, as well as a lunch time kick off. I think i can let the Arsenal fans off

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 21 Apr 2008 04:56

Spot on, excellent post.

140 posts