by rfcjoe » 12 Jul 2008 11:46

Racist!

:wink:

Coppell's Right Footed 11

Re: Next season's shirt

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 12 Jul 2008 12:12

ScottishRoyal
Coppell's Right Footed 11

Yeah i think the kits look really good especially the home kit Carlos is wearing

Who's the guy on the right?

Not sure i think its Brian Howard

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 12 Jul 2008 13:10

Only on BlackBerry on hols so don't have full benefit of big screen or VPN access, but FWIW my views on new kit are:

1) Home kit front hoops good.
2) Waitrose just looks weedy and sad - is it really in GREEN??
3) Back is an embryonic albino abortion with a bum bag or, even worse, a fanny pack.... For Seahawk... Needs hoops
4) White shorts good
5) Socks ok but would be better with all white with the two small hoops around shins
6) Away kit ok but it will be the single reason why Kits will leave - and he is THE single player we cannot afford to lose. He was probably our best player in the Primmadonnaship minute for minute and will be the first name of SSC's teamsheet in the Dhumpionship.
7) Would prefer the Croatia-esque red and white diamonds we wore at Bolton in c1990.... I loved that kit - Honest! But I always was a fashion victim....

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 12 Jul 2008 13:47

Dick Habbin's hairdo Only on BlackBerry on hols so don't have full benefit of big screen or VPN access, but FWIW my views on new kit are:

1) Home kit front hoops good.
2) Waitrose just looks weedy and sad - is it really in GREEN??
3) Back is an embryonic albino abortion with a bum bag or, even worse, a fanny pack.... For Seahawk... Needs hoops
4) White shorts good
5) Socks ok but would be better with all white with the two small hoops around shins
6) Away kit ok but it will be the single reason why Kits will leave - and he is THE single player we cannot afford to lose. He was probably our best player in the Primmadonnaship minute for minute and will be the first name of SSC's teamsheet in the Dhumpionship.
7) Would prefer the Croatia-esque red and white diamonds we wore at Bolton in c1990.... I loved that kit - Honest! But I always was a fashion victim....

I find it hard to believe that you were AROUND in 1990 from reading that post!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jul 2008 14:18

Having seen the white back I've changed my opinion of the home shirt, It's no longer an ugly shirt it is the worse home kit ever. I honestly hope Waitrose don't renew their sponsorship for the following season just so that the club have an excuse to bring out a half decent shirt, even without a collar.

Can someone please call an ambulance as I fear Tredder has split his sides with laughter.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Jul 2008 14:25

Forbury Lion Having seen the white back I've changed my opinion of the home shirt, It's no longer an ugly shirt it is the worse home kit ever. I honestly hope Waitrose don't renew their sponsorship for the following season just so that the club have an excuse to bring out a half decent shirt, even without a collar.

Can someone please call an ambulance as I fear Tredder has split his sides with laughter.

Where are the pictures of the back of the shirt - I think the front looks bloddy awful, so I'd like to see how the back can actually be worse.

atm, away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> home.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 12 Jul 2008 14:30

Platypuss
Forbury Lion Having seen the white back I've changed my opinion of the home shirt, It's no longer an ugly shirt it is the worse home kit ever. I honestly hope Waitrose don't renew their sponsorship for the following season just so that the club have an excuse to bring out a half decent shirt, even without a collar.

Where are the pictures of the back of the shirt - I think the front looks bloddy awful, so I'd like to see how the back can actually be worse.

atm, away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> home.

And you're blind if you think the away is better than home. Colour blind.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Jul 2008 14:32

Ah - just found it on the shop page. Erm. Oh dear, that's foul.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jul 2008 15:08

Seriously, who agrees the designs of these shirts? :roll: The back is just awful. Plus I prefer a collar. And LOL @ the club giving you £5 off if you buy both the home and away shirts together. :roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jul 2008 16:03

I've now been up to the Megastore and seen the home shirt and, to be honest I think it looks good with one exception - the awful gold trim down the sides of the chest which just doesn't look right. If they could remove that and put the Waitrose logo in a stronger colour, like the blue of the hoops for instance, it would be one of the best ever. As it is think I might get the keeper's shirt and wait for christmas and someone else's money to get the home shirt for me!

On the other hand the training kit looks rather smart and its cheaper and available now....

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Jul 2008 18:07

Barry the bird boggler I've now been up to the Megastore and seen the home shirt and, to be honest I think it looks good with one exception - the awful gold trim down the sides of the chest which just doesn't look right. If they could remove that and put the Waitrose logo in a stronger colour, like the blue of the hoops for instance, it would be one of the best ever. As it is think I might get the keeper's shirt and wait for christmas and someone else's money to get the home shirt for me!

On the other hand the training kit looks rather smart and its cheaper and available now....

£28?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jul 2008 19:59

The back of that shirt is truely horrible.

And seeing as its a 1-yr contract with Waitrose I shall happily NOT be buying it

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2008 20:05

I can't believe how seriously some people take the kit. I don't give a toss, never have done. It looks fine to me. Getting wound up over a gold trim is so twee.

Still, it takes all sorts.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Jul 2008 20:08

Royal Rother I can't believe how seriously some people take the kit. I don't give a toss, never have done. It looks fine to me. Getting wound up over a gold trim is so twee.

Have to say I agree. If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Streets

by Streets » 12 Jul 2008 22:23

I like the gold trim but for the club to say it's for the 10 year anniversary is useless. Colchester have the gold trim too, what for, the new stadium? Seems like an excuse to use it really but I do like it. Looks nice!

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 12 Jul 2008 22:42

Dirk Gently
Royal Rother I can't believe how seriously some people take the kit. I don't give a toss, never have done. It looks fine to me. Getting wound up over a gold trim is so twee.

Have to say I agree. If you don't like it, don't buy it!

The strangesat thing is people criticising the colour of the Waitrose logo. It's their brand colour, what did you expect. I do agree that the club should at least ask the fans though. People say that every year though and never contact the club.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 13 Jul 2008 10:47

Anyone buying the away kit should be banned from football

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Jul 2008 11:38

Why is Waitrose in white on the away kit - why isn't it in green?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jul 2008 12:13

Because it would clash horribly?

Come on RL even colour blind me can tell that much!

Front is great, whining over gold trim is pathetic. Back however is poo poo poo. As such I won't be buying it, but then I've only bought 2 home and 2 away in the last 13 years.

I care because I want my team to wear it's colours and look ok. I don't like this idea of a manufacturer having one template and then adapting the colours. If that means to get an individual kit we have to go to someone much smaller then that would be my personal preference.

Streets

by Streets » 13 Jul 2008 12:21

ScottishRoyal I do agree that the club should at least ask the fans though. People say that every year though and never contact the club.

I have been in touch with the club in the past about this idea of offering the supporters a chance to offer designs for a new kit but it was dismissed out of hand.

615 posts