I Went To The Shop...

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

I Went To The Shop...

by Agent Balti » 10 Aug 2008 08:52

...yesterday to have a mooch at the new size and range.

Strangely, no new kits of any description, even on show. Obviously, I know they won't go on sale for a while yet, they never do; but to have nothing on show seemed a bit odd. I do wonder what our club is up to, on all levels. :oops:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: I Went To The Shop...

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2008 10:31

I thought the away kit was already on sale as there was definitely someone wearing the top at the Villa game in the East Stand. We're yet to collect our scarves. I might go up during the week and have a nosey round there. I'm guessing our "Mega"store is still nothing like the club shops of Arsenal and Man Utd though.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Aug 2008 10:35

We've been through a few kit suppliers, sponsors etc, but in all my time following Reading, we have always been shite at kits, from releasing the designs late, to releasing the kits after the season starts, to running out of stock etc.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 10 Aug 2008 14:20

cmonurz We've been through a few kit suppliers, sponsors etc, but in all my time following Reading, we have always been shite at kits, from releasing the designs late, to releasing the kits after the season starts, to running out of stock etc.

We had one good Kits...

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 10 Aug 2008 18:36

Agent Balti ...yesterday to have a mooch at the new size and range.

Strangely, no new kits of any description, even on show. Obviously, I know they won't go on sale for a while yet, they never do; but to have nothing on show seemed a bit odd. I do wonder what our club is up to, on all levels. :oops:

The new kits are on display in the megastore windows next to the cashpoint. Surely they're taking pre-orders.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 10 Aug 2008 19:59

Whore Jackie
Agent Balti ...yesterday to have a mooch at the new size and range.

The new kits are on display in the megastore windows next to the cashpoint. Surely they're taking pre-orders.

Honestly, even the missus couldn't see them - you know, woman, clothes, shop. She'd spot a pin if it were for sale.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 11 Aug 2008 18:52

Royal Lady I'm guessing our "Mega"store is still nothing like the club shops of Arsenal and Man Utd though.

I wouldn't really expect it to be, would you?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Aug 2008 19:26

Royal Lady I thought the away kit was already on sale as there was definitely someone wearing the top at the Villa game in the East Stand. We're yet to collect our scarves. I might go up during the week and have a nosey round there. I'm guessing our "Mega"store is still nothing like the club shops of Arsenal and Man Utd though.

There was a kid in the Orange away top at Forest yesterday.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Aug 2008 19:47

Yeah the guy I saw was a kid - maybe the same one. Wonder how he got hold of an away top then?

Jerry - by using the word "Megastore" one would envisage something along the lines of the Man Utd or Arsenal club stores. There was nothing Mega about it previously and I'm doubting it's near Mega now. Should have just called it the Reading Football Club Merchandising Area.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 11 Aug 2008 21:03

Avon Royal
Royal Lady I thought the away kit was already on sale as there was definitely someone wearing the top at the Villa game in the East Stand. We're yet to collect our scarves. I might go up during the week and have a nosey round there. I'm guessing our "Mega"store is still nothing like the club shops of Arsenal and Man Utd though.

Son/Relative of a player perhaps?

I have yet to go down to the megastore yet but hope to get down there soon

Just a quick question
Is there more London Irish stock?
Its just that i live with a mad Irish fan and he asked me the other day when i mentioned the expansion of the store

Royal Rob

by Royal Rob » 11 Aug 2008 21:04

Royal Lady Yeah the guy I saw was a kid - maybe the same one. Wonder how he got hold of an away top then?

Jerry - by using the word "Megastore" one would envisage something along the lines of the Man Utd or Arsenal club stores. There was nothing Mega about it previously and I'm doubting it's near Mega now. Should have just called it the Reading Football Club Merchandising Area.

Or how about just "Store"?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Aug 2008 21:20

The store is just more open plan and therefore more easily accessable. Threadbare at the mo. I expect when the home/away kits come it the store wont look so empty. Minimal stock in due to the complete purge that was done in the clearance sale. Nothing particularly inspiring in there.

RFC13LHR

by RFC13LHR » 12 Aug 2008 09:50

orange away shirt was "gifted" by Sonko after the match at Halmstad in Sweden
Picture on OS in gallary for Hallmstad match

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 12 Aug 2008 14:31

So when are The Kits expected out? Buying one for my Godsons birthday, which has now passed so its 'in the post'

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 12 Aug 2008 16:00

Samrfc01
Avon Royal

Son/Relative of a player perhaps?

I have yet to go down to the megastore yet but hope to get down there soon

Just a quick question
Is there more London Irish stock?
Its just that i live with a mad Irish fan and he asked me the other day when i mentioned the expansion of the store

There's very little London Irish stock than ever - maybe because it's not the rugger season, but there was teeny-tiny area on the left as you go in, but nothing much else.

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1