Waitrose logo

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MR. CYNICAL

Waitrose logo

by MR. CYNICAL » 02 Sep 2008 22:49

Dont know if this has been noticed or commented on here by anyone else but wondered why the waitrose logo does not appear on the training shirts on sale in the club shop yet the training shirts worn by the players and coaches do.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Waitrose logo

by Rex » 03 Sep 2008 00:25

The shop sells a kind of replica. The players training tops have a rather large Puma logo on the back. The replica tops don't. The only other people i have seen wearing these are the shop staff.

Streets

by Streets » 03 Sep 2008 09:03

MR. CYNICAL Dont know if this has been noticed or commented on here by anyone else but wondered why the waitrose logo does not appear on the training shirts on sale in the club shop yet the training shirts worn by the players and coaches do.

I'm not sure why but I am glad. I'm more inclined to buy one now.

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 03 Sep 2008 10:01

I heard a rumour over the summer that made me chuckle. Apparently the person in charge of sponsorship at the club still hadn't found a suitor on the final afternoon of his deadline. In his panic he had lowered his sights to local companies, Horsemans Coaches were called and a deal couldn't be struck. So our plucky sponsorship-fixer called the local arm of the John Lewis Partnership. Waitrose were happy to sponsor the club for a measly £300,000 for a year! No wonder upon the official announcement they didn't divulge the sums.

If I remember correctly £300,000 was what Westcoast gave us all those years ago for a two year deal, all this before we were a Premiership club.

Perhaps the deal did not include sponsoring the training gear, and club were to look elsewhere to fill the void. But with staff like this then its no wonder its still blank. I would have hoped that hapless staff like this would have been out of the door in the recent redundancies. Then again maybe he was kept on to dispatch the pre-orders of future books!!!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Sep 2008 10:08

Stuffed Crust Pizza I heard a rumour over the summer that made me chuckle. Apparently the person in charge of sponsorship at the club still hadn't found a suitor on the final afternoon of his deadline. In his panic he had lowered his sights to local companies, Horsemans Coaches were called and a deal couldn't be struck. So our plucky sponsorship-fixer called the local arm of the John Lewis Partnership. Waitrose were happy to sponsor the club for a measly £300,000 for a year! No wonder upon the official announcement they didn't divulge the sums.

If I remember correctly £300,000 was what Westcoast gave us all those years ago for a two year deal, all this before we were a Premiership club.

Perhaps the deal did not include sponsoring the training gear, and club were to look elsewhere to fill the void. But with staff like this then its no wonder its still blank. I would have hoped that hapless staff like this would have been out of the door in the recent redundancies. Then again maybe he was kept on to dispatch the pre-orders of future books!!!

That's a good story - it happens to be complete and utter bollox, though. It took a long-drawn out negotiation over a long period to land the Waitrose sponsorship.

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 03 Sep 2008 11:08

Oh right! Sorry to post this "bollox" up, but as I said it was a rumour I heard over the summer. Thought people may be interested in reading it over this boring international week.

I assume with you knowledge on the deal you could share a bit more with us? Where you part of the negotiations?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Sep 2008 12:01

I actually much prefer the training kit to the replica kit - some of the training kit looks better with the Waitrose logo and some looks better without (plus you don't get the logo in that green colour). Like to see an option with our training kit to have it or not.

For the record the Waitrose deal is for 1 year with an option on a second if both parties agree, £300k is probably the going rate for a good Championship side with our level of fan base?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Sep 2008 12:04

Stuffed Crust Pizza Oh right! Sorry to post this "bollox" up, but as I said it was a rumour I heard over the summer. Thought people may be interested in reading it over this boring international week.

I assume with you knowledge on the deal you could share a bit more with us? Where you part of the negotiations?

Nope, but I've been told about them. I do know there were several companies potentially involved and it was not a particularly quick process, but I don;t pretend to know all the commercial details.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Sep 2008 13:00

Stuffed Crust Pizza If I remember correctly £300,000 was what Westcoast gave us all those years ago for a two year deal, all this before we were a Premiership club.

You do realise we got relegated last year don't you?

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1