Dull Bus Question

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
The Surgeon of Crowthorne

Dull Bus Question

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 20 Oct 2008 16:12

For midweek evening games I usually drive straight from work & park in one of the residential roads that are very near M4J11. Unfortunately, I buggered my left foot yesterday evening & I can't walk very far at the mo. So, I'm think of taking the Farnboro' bus, which I usually get on Saturdays as it normally gets to the ground plenty of time before kick off, allowing for a couple of pints in the JC before hand.
I've just noticed, though, that instead of picking up in Crowthorne 1.5 hours before kick off as is usual for Saturday 3pm kick offs, it is timetabled to pick up just before 7pm, getting to the ground at around 7.30, allowing no time for a pre-game beer. Is it reliable for mid week games? Does it tend to pick up early - as appears to be coming the norm on Saturdays?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dull Bus Question

by The 17 Bus » 20 Oct 2008 17:09

Get there earley and park in main car park, entry B&Q end i think

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 20 Oct 2008 20:54

Still on the subject of parking, i noticed a cheap parking place down Bennett Road the other Saturday (Reading v Swansea) - £ 5 a car. Is that still on ? I am a bit loathed to line the pockets of HP and others who insist on £10 a car !!!! (its not as if they're poor !)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 20 Oct 2008 21:01

Is it not still £7 at HP?

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 20 Oct 2008 23:46

last time I looked it was £10. mind you I can check on the official OS I guess !

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 21 Oct 2008 00:54

personally i prefer the exciting bus to the dull bus...

Basingstoke_Royals

by Basingstoke_Royals » 21 Oct 2008 13:09

Get the train! That way you can have a few Ray Mears.

royal1

by royal1 » 21 Oct 2008 13:17

Basingstoke_Royals Get the train! That way you can have a few Ray Mears.

Totally agree with you mate. Fancy meeting for a few pints?

Basingstoke_Royals

by Basingstoke_Royals » 21 Oct 2008 13:31

royal1
Basingstoke_Royals Get the train! That way you can have a few Ray Mears.

Totally agree with you mate. Fancy meeting for a few pints?

Yeah great idea Geezer see you there hopefully see some awy fans there muggy oxf*rd!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Oct 2008 12:24

The Surgeon of Crowthorne For midweek evening games I usually drive straight from work & park in one of the residential roads that are very near M4J11. Unfortunately, I buggered my left foot yesterday evening & I can't walk very far at the mo. So, I'm think of taking the Farnboro' bus, which I usually get on Saturdays as it normally gets to the ground plenty of time before kick off, allowing for a couple of pints in the JC before hand.
I've just noticed, though, that instead of picking up in Crowthorne 1.5 hours before kick off as is usual for Saturday 3pm kick offs, it is timetabled to pick up just before 7pm, getting to the ground at around 7.30, allowing no time for a pre-game beer. Is it reliable for mid week games? Does it tend to pick up early - as appears to be coming the norm on Saturdays?

doh, i waited for that bus for twenty minutes before i left and drove to the ground
has always been 1.5 hours before for weekdays etc

graywok

by graywok » 30 Oct 2008 20:24

brendywendy
The Surgeon of Crowthorne For midweek evening games I usually drive straight from work & park in one of the residential roads that are very near M4J11. Unfortunately, I buggered my left foot yesterday evening & I can't walk very far at the mo. So, I'm think of taking the Farnboro' bus, which I usually get on Saturdays as it normally gets to the ground plenty of time before kick off, allowing for a couple of pints in the JC before hand.

doh, i waited for that bus for twenty minutes before i left and drove to the ground
has always been 1.5 hours before for weekdays etc

:roll:
Nope - has always been this way on evening kick offs.
http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/st ... 431,00.pdf

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1