Season Ticket Prices for next season

riverroyal

Re: Season Ticket Prices for next season

by riverroyal » 09 Mar 2009 12:31

The new shirt was always going to happen.

This seasons shirt is a special one-off with gold on it to celebrate 10 years at the Mad Stad

Ironically the club are selling them for 15 to season ticket holders yet the sport shop in the Oracle are selling them for 10!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 Mar 2009 12:38

CMRoyal there's no way I can budget for next season and come up with the readies in the next few weeks, so it looks like we might have to miss out on the offer.

That's my problem. Two adult and two child tickets.

I've no problem with committing to a ST for next season but their "We're acutely aware of the difficult economic climate that is affecting everybody" comment is a bit galling given that they want me to stump up four or five months before the next season even starts.

Too late now but how about letting us stick a large non-refundable deposit on next season's ticket with a balance to be paid in May/June?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Mar 2009 12:41

Seeing as this was only released by the club this morning, has anyone who thinks they will have a problem raising the monay by 03/04/09 (but is willing to do renew now for next season) actually contacted the club to express their concerns? Or is it just easier to complain about it on here?

Perhaps STAR could open some discussions with the club regarding potential payment options?

riverroyal

by riverroyal » 09 Mar 2009 12:49

You can use the club's finance option and pay over 10 months; you pay a bit more but would still save money

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Mar 2009 12:51

And there we have it.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 09 Mar 2009 13:02

T.R.O.L.I. Seeing as this was only released by the club this morning, has anyone who thinks they will have a problem raising the monay by 03/04/09 (but is willing to do renew now for next season) actually contacted the club to express their concerns? Or is it just easier to complain about it on here?

Erm, just because people raise it as a concern here, that doesn't mean they're not raising it elsewhere. This is a discussion forum, and it's a factor worth discussing so I thought it was worth repeating here. As for the payment plan? Yeah, that's an option, although I tend to be debt/hire purchase averse, which is why stumping up is a problem for me. My home apart, I'd rather either buy things outright or not at all. And on principle I'm not prepared to pay more than cover price for the option of paying in instalments (although I understand why that's the case).

The deposit option looks a good idea.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 09 Mar 2009 13:03

I think this is a very sensibe offer by the club - get the money in whichever league we are in and reward existing season ticket holders. I thought they'd wait and put the price up if we go up, so will be renewing straight away

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Mar 2009 13:08

Presumably your seats are still held for you after April 3rd ?

My plan ( I think) will be to renew my adult tickets now and gain the maximum potential benefit but leave the kids ones until later to spread the cost a bit.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 09 Mar 2009 13:11

riverroyal You can use the club's finance option and pay over 10 months; you pay a bit more but would still save money

Or better still, apply for the Barclaycard Football card. This will be my 3rd year of paying this way. 0% on ST for the duration of the card.

Suits you if you:
* Are a football fan
* Have a good credit history
* Are 21 or over
* Have a permanent UK address
* Aren't a student
* Have a regular income

http://www.barclaycardfootball.co.uk/

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 09 Mar 2009 13:13

Memo to Club

Can you add the "remove" part to buying ST's please for your friends and family.
I dont wish to by Dangs or Compo's ST on top of my own.

Regards

EDIT - I see you have... but then you have to go about it silly bollox way :|
EDIT II - Well done :)
Last edited by bb0118 on 09 Mar 2009 13:37, edited 2 times in total.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 Mar 2009 13:15

CMRoyal As for the payment plan? Yeah, that's an option, although I tend to be debt/hire purchase averse, which is why stumping up is a problem for me. My home apart, I'd rather either buy things outright or not at all. And on principle I'm not prepared to pay more than cover price for the option of paying in instalments (although I understand why that's the case).

You are me AICMFP.

If I can't pay up in one go I'll be doing this https://www.barclaycardfootball.co.uk/index.php and paying it off as fast as possible.

EDIT - as above!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 09 Mar 2009 13:27

Its a good offer and I will take it up but its not as generous as some. Bristol City for example have given early renewals a 5% discount on this seasons discounted "early bird" prices. They also have a 0% credit scheme.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Mar 2009 13:27

riverroyal This seasons shirt is a special one-off with gold on it to celebrate 10 years at the Mad Stad

Sucker!

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 09 Mar 2009 13:31

riverroyal This seasons shirt is a special one-off with gold on it to celebrate 10 years at the Mad Stad

I will LOL if next seasons shirt has gold on it

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Mar 2009 13:35

Indeed. It was nice to see Colchester also celebrating the 10 years at the MadStad with the gold on their 08/09 Puma shirts - very supportive.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 09 Mar 2009 13:36

That Friday Feeling Hmmm. Less than a month to find the cash for NEXT season. What will I pay to renew after 3rd April?

The official site is claiming that after 3 April Premier League STs will cost around £515 as and when...ie i'm guessing once we know we are up...

It's under the Ad from the original link...HTH

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 09 Mar 2009 13:39

Turns8
That Friday Feeling Hmmm. Less than a month to find the cash for NEXT season. What will I pay to renew after 3rd April?

The official site is claiming that after 3 April Premier League STs will cost around £515 as and when...ie i'm guessing once we know we are up...

It's under the Ad from the original link...HTH

Subtle reminder tactics that it's an offer too good to miss. .

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Mar 2009 13:55

bb0118
riverroyal You can use the club's finance option and pay over 10 months; you pay a bit more but would still save money

Or better still, apply for the Barclaycard Football card. This will be my 3rd year of paying this way. 0% on ST for the duration of the card.

Suits you if you:
* Are a football fan
* Have a good credit history
* Are 21 or over
* Have a permanent UK address
* Aren't a student
* Have a regular income

http://www.barclaycardfootball.co.uk/

It is indeed a good deal, but only if you don't use the card for any other purchases, as when you make payments it automatically comes of the promotional spend first.

So say for example you normally spend £500 on your credit card each month and clear the balance in full at the end of the month your promotional period at 0% will only last for 1 month, whilst the season ticket cost still remain on your balance.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 09 Mar 2009 14:08

It looks as if it could be a possible £90 discount off the 'normal' price, i.e. post 3 April. But there must already be a fair few folk who are thinking twice about renewing regardless of whether we are promoted. Another season in the CCC would be a disappointment BUT we all now know what a let down the PL can be. None of us is wide eyed and innocent like we were 3 years ago.

Given the economic situation, any club putting up prices is playing a dangerous game. If Reading STs go up £90 after 3 April, and that's what the OS suggests, then they are making a big mistake. I can't see a large number of folk stumping up £400 odd quid (more if you have kids) they hadn't yet budgetted for, in the next month, unless we win all four games between now and then.

On the surface it looks like a clever move. Looked at closely and its a cynical attempt by the club to take advantage of our optimisim about promotion that will leave a lot of people resentful.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Mar 2009 14:11

When is the usual renewals deadline ?