Quality of beer in north stand

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
marekisgod

Quality of beer in north stand

by marekisgod » 03 Oct 2009 12:24

Has anyone else noticed the awful quality of beer in the north stand and by beer i mean , Foster , Best or Guinness if u buy it over the counter from the numpties who cant count or give out the right change it tastes very chemically and burns your throat , i have complained many times but it still the same , i presume they clean their pipes with acid ! Its definately not the beer because if you buy the fosters from the blokes who have it on their backs walking around its fine albeit a little warm !!!!!!!!!!

Discuss ........................

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Quality of beer in north stand

by Ian Royal » 03 Oct 2009 15:56

Heard there was a similar problem in the East recently.

Guy I know apparently kept complaining. Knew someone in facilities who tipped him the nod when someone from Courage was there. Walked up to him, made him taste the beer. Action taken. Better beer now apparently. At least I thought the best was ok the last couple of times I went

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Oct 2009 18:53

Keg beer and shite British lager. A recipe for brain rot if ever one existed. Just take a flask of your finest in. No-one will know. Failing that, there are some fine ale houses in town which I am sure can oblige...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2009 19:24

Bloody hell! It comes to something when we are complaining about the quality of beer in the North Stand when there are such obvious quality problems on the pitch! :wink:

Mind you, if they started selling some stronger beers, perhaps things on the pitch wouldn't appear quite so bad!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Oct 2009 20:06

By the sounds of today it would have to be pints of ethanol to cause blindness or death...

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 03 Oct 2009 21:23

marekisgod Has anyone else noticed the awful quality of beer in the north stand and by beer i mean , Foster , Best or Guinness if u buy it over the counter from the numpties who cant count or give out the right change it tastes very chemically and burns your throat , i have complained many times but it still the same , i presume they clean their pipes with acid ! Its definately not the beer because if you buy the fosters from the blokes who have it on their backs walking around its fine albeit a little warm !!!!!!!!!!

if its that bad, why do you buy it?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Oct 2009 21:48

Maybe they should start selling hard drugs.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 Oct 2009 22:27

weybridgewanderer
marekisgod Has anyone else noticed the awful quality of beer in the north stand and by beer i mean , Foster , Best or Guinness if u buy it over the counter from the numpties who cant count or give out the right change it tastes very chemically and burns your throat , i have complained many times but it still the same , i presume they clean their pipes with acid ! Its definately not the beer because if you buy the fosters from the blokes who have it on their backs walking around its fine albeit a little warm !!!!!!!!!!

if its that bad, why do you buy it?

That is the first thing that came to my mind as well!

If you continue to poison yourself with beer that tastes of chemicals and burns your throat you clearly have a problem :wink:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Oct 2009 22:31

I don't suppose you can bring your own though even if you leave the bottle tops at home.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 Oct 2009 22:33

Half bottle of vodka works for me 8)

The Knitting Circle

by The Knitting Circle » 06 Oct 2009 08:26

man up ffs. i have never had a problem with it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2009 12:32

The Knitting Circle man up ffs. i have never had a problem with it.

I bet your beer of choice in pubs is fosters or carling.

The Knitting Circle

by The Knitting Circle » 07 Oct 2009 13:16

Ian Royal

err no, i drink corona :roll:

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 07 Oct 2009 13:30

The Knitting Circle
Ian Royal

err no, i drink corona :roll:

What orangeade or the limeade

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 07 Oct 2009 21:33

Best alcoholic drink they serve at the stadium is Bulmers

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 07 Oct 2009 23:44

If you've complained about it several times; What the hell are you doing still drinking it????? It's not going to change. Those pumps are used once, maybe twice a week. And the staff are always going to be useless.

Go to a pub - TWTUP maybe - drink in there - leave at 2:40 - get in the stadium for 2:55. Beer £2.20 - £2.70 depending on what you go for.

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 09 Oct 2009 13:29

The chemical could be through cleaning the lines, if this is not done properly and they have not flushed it through completely then it will have a chemical taste and also burn the back of your throat. It is dangerous if this is what has happened as it the stuff used can burn skin off. I used to be a barmaid and was shown how to do this and also told that the only alcahol line that should not be cleaned is cider.

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 12 Oct 2009 22:11

I have rec'd a reply from the stadium beverage dept and they have admitted they know they have a problem with the quality of the beer and have had Courage staff supervise them cleaning the lines and they are doing everything correct and are now looking at changing the lines completely as they think they may have degraded ...................................

Hopefuly all will be well for the Leicester game

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Oct 2009 23:12

marekisgod I have rec'd a reply from the stadium and they have admitted they know they have a problem with the quality of the team and have had the Courage to supervise them clearing the decks. They are doing everything correct and are now looking at changing the team completely as they think they may have degraded ...................................

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 23 Oct 2009 23:45

royalexile
marekisgod I have rec'd a reply from the stadium and they have admitted they know they have a problem with the quality of the team and have had the Courage to supervise them clearing the decks. They are doing everything correct and are now looking at changing the team completely as they think they may have degraded ...................................

LOL :D

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1