season tickets renewals

131 posts

for those of you who already have season ticketsm will you be renewing next season

yes
41%
no
59%

Total votes: 106
Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Short Changed

by Royal & Ancient » 04 Oct 2009 13:39

Before the season started I wrote a thread, as above, which somehow seems to have disappeared.However having slept on yesterday's debacle I still cannot believe either the performance on the pitch or the bleat about the financial position put about by the Club.I know we have some half way decent players on the books but the tactical naivety this season, and demonstrated again yesterday,is an insult to them, the supporters and the history of the Club.
I have been a supporter since the 1946/7 season, been through some truly awful times, but never before have I been moved to consider shredding my season ticket. Why should the Chairman be the only one to want to opt out? And I believe that his negativity spreads down through on to the pitch.
Not only the pitch but the supporters and eventually the Town.(Not a City as some would pretend!)
A Football Club is not an artefact, a sculpture indeed, which can be bought and sold but is, virtually, a living being inspiring love/hate/joy and presently depression!
I seldom write on here since the format change some years back because of the,often insulting, responses and I expect some from the 'Saving Saviour' brigade. But we really want someone who knows/understands football and people at the top. And, frankly, given the huge cashflows into the Club over the past 3/4 years I just do not understand the financial position stated.
The 'brick by brick' approach to placate supporters appears to have collapsed. :evil:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Short Changed

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 14:17

I can't disagree with anything that you have said. If Alan Pardew were to comment on the state of our club I am sure the word "raped" would appear somewhere. What I can not abide from the club is the patronising tone and attitude towards the supporters. This brick by brick approach is complete and utter hogwash. 20 years or so ago, Mike Lewis described the Supporters Club as "a bunch of well meaning amateurs". Well, this bunch of well meaning amateurs plus others can see exactly what is wrong. Why can't the club?

To all ST holders as well as those contemplating buying a ST, wait and see what spin comes from the club around March, April and May next year. There will be some guff about making a concerted effort to push for promotion and the club will want to reward its loyal supporters.

Thou Voice

Re: Short Changed

by Thou Voice » 04 Oct 2009 14:47

Royal & Ancient - very well put.

Terminal Boardom - I expect they'll offer us "2 Free Games" for our friends.

adamh4608

season tickets renewals

by adamh4608 » 04 Oct 2009 17:28

if things don’t change of those of you who already have season tickets will you be renewing next season
Last edited by adamh4608 on 04 Oct 2009 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Graham's dad

Re: season tickets renewals

by Graham's dad » 04 Oct 2009 17:37

There are still 35 games to go but after over 25 years of supporting RFC I feel I have been ripped off this season so I'm starting to think the answer is no!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Oct 2009 17:38

Yes, why wouldn't you renew your ST?

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 04 Oct 2009 17:46

LoyalRoyalFan Yes, why wouldn't you renew your ST?

unless things change no as i feel I have been ripped off this season

working class hero

by working class hero » 04 Oct 2009 17:47

No.

I didn't like the rip off that occurred when we rose to the Prem.
I wasn't exactly delighted by the percentage rise in CCC prices when we were relegated.

And I am totally incensed at watching the reserves at a full price this season....

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Oct 2009 17:49

Yes we have been ripped off, but that doesn't mean we just stop supporting our team.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 04 Oct 2009 17:53

LoyalRoyalFan Yes we have been ripped off, but that doesn't mean we just stop supporting our team.

i agree but i will not spend the sort of money that i have i will still go but will choose the games.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Oct 2009 17:55

The one and only incentive to renew a ST with Reading right now, is to save the bother of having to book your seat for each individual match that you want to attend.

BOGOF style offers coupled with the "great god of tv" changing fixtures (to times and dates that I cannot make)......is making my Season Ticket a financial loser.

Less likely to bother next season, rergardless of where we end up
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 04 Oct 2009 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Oct 2009 17:55

I have been a supporter of Reading, through some bad patches, but that doesn't mean I throw away my ST.

But in some ways I agree.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 04 Oct 2009 17:56

adamh4608 if things don’t change of those of you who already have season tickets will you be renewing next season

^ fickle.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 18:05

WIIFM?

working class hero

by working class hero » 04 Oct 2009 18:05

Deathy
adamh4608 if things don’t change of those of you who already have season tickets will you be renewing next season

^ fickle.

I don't think I am fickle - just upset at being ripped off.

If the club had said we will be stripping back and rebuilding I would have happily renewed - but I do not appreciate the lies about challenging for promotion.

If we dip to League 1 I will attend regularly - but not buy an ST as I find some of the changed times inconvenient. Also if there is a crud game against a boring team on a wet night when I have a cold I won't lose money.

RFC have taken the pi$$ just once too often....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 18:08

working class hero
Deathy

^ fickle.

I don't think I am fickle - just upset at being ripped off.

If the club had said we will be stripping back and rebuilding I would have happily renewed - but I do not appreciate the lies about challenging for promotion.

If we dip to League 1 I will attend regularly - but not buy an ST as I find some of the changed times inconvenient. Also if there is a crud game against a boring team on a wet night when I have a cold I won't lose money.

RFC have taken the pi$$ just once too often....

To be fair to the Great God Murdoch, how many of our games will be televised if we are League 1?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Oct 2009 18:12

No, I've not enjoyed the past two seasons and have other priorities in life for which the £360 or so renewal fee plus the £115 a year bus fares will come in handy for. To be honest I probably shouln't have renewed this time around.

I also think if I attended less games I would appreciate it more when I do go.

My stance is unlikely to change whether we head for the top of the table or the bottom this season.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 04 Oct 2009 18:38

Forbury Lion No, I've not enjoyed the past two seasons and have other priorities in life for which the £360 or so renewal fee plus the £115 a year bus fares will come in handy for. To be honest I probably shouln't have renewed this time around.

I also think if I attended less games I would appreciate it more when I do go.

My stance is unlikely to change whether we head for the top of the table or the bottom this season.

we will be doing what sjm and hammond has balancing the books and cutting according to the cloth

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 04 Oct 2009 18:41

The way the fans have been treated by RFC - they deserve no season ticket holders.

I still would probably go and watch the odd match - BUT AS I HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN - the people without a season ticket get better deals then us Season Ticket holders.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Oct 2009 18:41

i love the football, so ill renew regardless

but yesterday was some turgid terrible dross, so i can understand those who wont be

131 posts