Late entry

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Late entry

by Row Z Royal » 05 Jan 2010 19:19

I've scooted through the OS without luck, so can anyone confirm the latest time one can gain entry to the ground on a match day?

Ta

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Late entry

by T.R.O.L.I. » 05 Jan 2010 19:29

I'd imagine at whatever time you want to, RZR.

The East stand has the gates that get shut post kick-off, but I'm pretty sure they're manned throughout the game - so all you'd need to do is wait for one of the stewards to radio for confirmation that your card is valid for the game.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 05 Jan 2010 19:30

T.R.O.L.I. I'd imagine at whatever time you want to, RZR.

The East stand has the gates that get shut post kick-off, but I'm pretty sure they're manned throughout the game - so all you'd need to do is wait for one of the stewards to radio for confirmation that your card is valid for the game.

Fairs.

Obviously I'm riddled with North Stand plasticity, though I'm sure a similar process will be in place.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 05 Jan 2010 19:49

End of half time is really your last chance. Everything is closed up then. You may get let in the East Stand, you may not !

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2010 19:53

Pretty much what has been said. This happened to Benreading once at an away game due to car breakdown and dealing with the recovery of the vehicle. I had to come down to convince the stewards to let him in. :lol:

by 1960 » 07 Jan 2010 15:14

Sun Tzu End of half time is really your last chance. Everything is closed up then. You may get let in the East Stand, you may not !

I bet the Bradford fans who escaped the stand and came up against the locked gates appreciated this polcy.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Jan 2010 19:15

Sun Tzu End of half time is really your last chance. Everything is closed up then. You may get let in the East Stand, you may not !

I bet the Bradford fans who escaped the stand and came up against the locked gates appreciated this polcy.

Weren't Bradford prosecuted as a result ?

And of course there is a difference between a door being closed and being locked. There are huge great gates in every concourse with crash bars on the inside !!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 07 Jan 2010 21:24

It doesn't matter now.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jan 2010 15:41

T.R.O.L.I. I'd imagine at whatever time you want to, RZR.

this isnt true

i was refused entry with my season ticket for a game, didnt get there till just after half time

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jan 2010 10:54

Sun Tzu

And of course there is a difference between a door being closed and being locked. There are huge great gates in every concourse with crash bars on the inside !!

When we were shown around the stadium as it was being built, Ray Ilsey showed us the turnstiles and told us that after a certain time into the game, they could be switched so that they operated in reverse to allow people to leave early (without using their card to get out). Presumably if they can be and are switched over, it would make late entry after the decreed time pretty difficult, unless common sense had been applied and at least one turnstile left to operate in the entry mode.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Jan 2010 19:25

RoyalBlue
Sun Tzu
1960 I bet the Bradford fans who escaped the stand and came up against the locked gates appreciated this polcy.

When we were shown around the stadium as it was being built, Ray Ilsey showed us the turnstiles and told us that after a certain time into the game, they could be switched so that they operated in reverse to allow people to leave early (without using their card to get out). Presumably if they can be and are switched over, it would make late entry after the decreed time pretty difficult, unless common sense had been applied and at least one turnstile left to operate in the entry mode.

They can be manually reversed, as happens to allow exit at half time for smoking. They aren't automatically reversed and you couldn't use your card to get out as the readers are in the 'outside'. I can't really see why they'd do things that way as the pass gates are all manned by stewards throughout the game and any one leaving early just goes out that way. There's always a turnstile open up until half time, they are all closed after the half time smoking.

Not really sure what Ray was talking about, it may have been an early 'idea' but AFAIK it's never been used and I don;t even think it's possible (or necessary !)

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 09 Jan 2010 19:44

Sun Tzu
RoyalBlue When we were shown around the stadium as it was being built, Ray Ilsey showed us the turnstiles and told us that after a certain time into the game, they could be switched so that they operated in reverse to allow people to leave early (without using their card to get out). Presumably if they can be and are switched over, it would make late entry after the decreed time pretty difficult, unless common sense had been applied and at least one turnstile left to operate in the entry mode.

They can be manually reversed, as happens to allow exit at half time for smoking. They aren't automatically reversed and you couldn't use your card to get out as the readers are in the 'outside'. I can't really see why they'd do things that way as the pass gates are all manned by stewards throughout the game and any one leaving early just goes out that way. There's always a turnstile open up until half time, they are all closed after the half time smoking.

Not really sure what Ray was talking about, it may have been an early 'idea' but AFAIK it's never been used and I don;t even think it's possible (or necessary !)

There are only a limited number of doors that can be reversed, and those were modified (at a relatively small cost) to allow this to happen when the smoking "pass-out" scheme was introduced. Before that they certainly couldn't be, so perhaps Ray was talking about capabilities rather than actuality.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Jan 2010 23:43

10 mins from the end. :wink:

That's when the gates are opened.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 10 Jan 2010 15:57

Gordons Cumming 10 mins from the end. :wink: