Stupid Rules

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Stupid Rules

by Big Foot » 09 Mar 2010 17:00

I've done the old badge game too in the past, buy 300 for £300 and sell them on for £3 each. Nice and easy £600 profit but a lot of legwork.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 09 Mar 2010 18:39

Got a little cottage industry going on selling replica nursing badges. Make them for £1.25 each, sell them on ebay for £10 a pop. Gotta love the chinese :D

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Mar 2010 20:49

Strange that at the last 2 games I clearly wear the "Offending Article" and the stewards do nothing. Hmmm

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 16 Mar 2010 18:00

Terminal Boardom Strange that at the last 2 games I clearly wear the "Offending Article" and the stewards do nothing. Hmmm

I bet if you wear a Derby scarf tonight you'll get in trouble.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Mar 2010 21:46

Winchester Royal
royalexile Maybe the unofficial merchandise was meant to remain hidden due to TV cameras. :roll: A little tightwad of the RFC brand but then again the same occurred in the promotion season. It sometimes makes me wonder why the club do not seem to want to produce pin badges, flags or other memorabilia for such an occasion.

I'd suspect that the hassle of arranging them doesn't bring enough money in.

I've had badges made up, and it takes about 3 weeks to get them from China. We had just 10 days between beating West Brom and the Villa game. Would have been nice, but alas, not enough time to I think. I'd have quite liked a little match badge from then.

Funny how the street traders seem to have better, quicker and cheaper supply chains!

Still remember (and have got) some of the really good merchandise they were selling outside The Walkers in anticipation of us being promoted that day. Despite the fact it was only a matter of time before we were promoted that season, it was quite some time later that the official club merchandise started to appear and IMO it lacked the imagination and variety in design supplied by the street traders!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Mar 2010 12:10

Sun Tzu
Terminal Boardom Strange that at the last 2 games I clearly wear the "Offending Article" and the stewards do nothing. Hmmm

Why?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Mar 2010 13:05

Terminal Boardom
Sun Tzu

Why?

Well you were shocked that when we weren;t playing Villa no one commented on your Villa scarf....

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 07 Apr 2010 08:25

Terminal Boardom Wearing a shirt is one thing. Wearing a scarf with both sets of colours another.

Agree with this completely, wearing a replica shirt of the away team in the home end is bad but if a kid is wearing a scarf with both colours and cheering the home team on then you would hope that the stewards aren't that stupid to not realise that they are not away supporters... however saying that with some of the stewards that I have seen recently that could be discussed.... :roll:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Apr 2010 09:39

Royal1983
Terminal Boardom Wearing a shirt is one thing. Wearing a scarf with both sets of colours another.

Agree with this completely, wearing a replica shirt of the away team in the home end is bad but if a kid is wearing a scarf with both colours and cheering the home team on then you would hope that the stewards aren't that stupid to not realise that they are not away supporters... however saying that with some of the stewards that I have seen recently that could be discussed.... :roll:

It's probably not the stewards that are the issue though....

We've had issues before with our own fans spotting someone wearing away colours and deciding they didn;t like it.

Perhaps the stewards were just suggesting that it might not be a good idea to have away colours showing in the home end to avoid getting grief from some moron sat behind you ??

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Aug 2010 13:06

FLTLR DON'T BUY TAT FROM PIKEY TRADERS WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH READING FC

Those scarfs were a rip of and a con. Anyone who bought one is a MUG who has lined the pockets of some East-End Gangster Crime-Lord. Well done, hope you feel happy for yourselves.

ONLY BUY OFFICIAL CLUB MERCHANIDISE FROM THE MEGASTORE OR REPETIABLE OUTLETS. Only got yourselves to blame otherwise.

:lol:

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 03 Aug 2010 16:42

You occasionally see some very dodgy looking fake Reading FC stuff on ebay but we've really slipped behind on the moody merch stakes. Come on bootleggers! More fake RFC tat please!