Speedway car park gridlock relief

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Speedway car park gridlock relief

by Row Z Royal » 14 Apr 2010 10:36

Just wanted to point out that when the speed way car park exit ground to a frustrating halt last night, the Council stepped in a coned off a lane on the A33 to allow the trapped traffic out through the "entrance".

So fair play - credit where credit's due and all that.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Speedway car park gridlock relief

by SLAMMED » 15 Apr 2010 17:08

Fcked it up for everyone else.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Apr 2010 18:49

We normally park in what is left of the HP car park and it's always awful getting out, so we decided to try the hotel opposite instead and that was even worse for getting out - not helped by a car driving IN to the car park just as everyone was trying to leave.

I'm assuming the old HP place won't be open for parking next season and that is going to cause one heck of a problem.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 15 Apr 2010 21:49

Royal Lady We normally park in what is left of the HP car park and it's always awful getting out, so we decided to try the hotel opposite instead and that was even worse for getting out - not helped by a car driving IN to the car park just as everyone was trying to leave.

I'm assuming the old HP place won't be open for parking next season and that is going to cause one heck of a problem.

We regularly park there and I can say, that in the last 9 years or so, that was the fullest I have EVER seen that carpark. Also I have never seen the carpark guy, who takes the money, turn people away and telling them there is no more space.

Normally it's a piece of pish getting out of there

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 16 Apr 2010 12:13

We who catch the bus, do not have to worry about such things 8)

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 16 Apr 2010 12:23

Row Z Royal Just wanted to point out that when the speed way car park exit ground to a frustrating halt last night, the Council stepped in a coned off a lane on the A33 to allow the trapped traffic out through the "entrance".

was pretty frustrating to find that they had shut the big green gated entrance/exit though. The most cars that place has ever seen, with half the exits.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2010 20:26

Row Z Royal Just wanted to point out that when the speed way car park exit ground to a frustrating halt last night, the Council stepped in a coned off a lane on the A33 to allow the trapped traffic out through the "entrance".

is that the same "council" that is raping us with "congestion making" phased traffic lights in Reading where once perfectly serviceable roundabouts used to proudly stand?

The same oxf*rd that have recently phased the traffic lights on the A33 (by what used to be a roundabout at Thames Water/Pets World, and is basically a straight through MAIN road) to 7 seconds green and 21 seconds red at 05.30 in the morning when there is nothing wanting to actually join it (therefore stopping the free-flowing traffic :twisted: )

......and as for the "mental lights" at Kennet Island (whilst I'm on a rant) that change to Red everytime that they see a car approaching...well :twisted: :twisted:

Now talk to us about your "green" policy RBC

congrats for the other night btw :roll:

WKNers'

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 17 Apr 2010 01:34

Matt de K
Royal Lady We normally park in what is left of the HP car park and it's always awful getting out, so we decided to try the hotel opposite instead and that was even worse for getting out - not helped by a car driving IN to the car park just as everyone was trying to leave.

We regularly park there and I can say, that in the last 9 years or so, that was the fullest I have EVER seen that carpark. Also I have never seen the carpark guy, who takes the money, turn people away and telling them there is no more space.

Normally it's a piece of pish getting out of there

This, me and the old man had to park somewhere in Whitley :shock:

Why was it so full? Newcastle fans find out about it in advance?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Apr 2010 14:17

It could have something to do with the fact that it's now a lot smaller - the multi-storey bit has been knocked down.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Apr 2010 19:09

Dirk Gently It could have something to do with the fact that it's now a lot smaller - the multi-storey bit has been knocked down.

I think they mean the Holiday Inn car park, Dirkers.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 17 Apr 2010 21:40

Harpers So Solid Crew
Dirk Gently It could have something to do with the fact that it's now a lot smaller - the multi-storey bit has been knocked down.

I think they mean the Holiday Inn car park, Dirkers.

Yeah thats the one. Never had any trouble before and that includes the premiership years and other occasions when the entire south stand has been sold out

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1