Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
General B
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by General B » 17 Feb 2011 20:56

I was so angry I felt compelled to send Sara Jacob a picture of myself in the bath. I also realised I had no choice but to return all the hair, bank statements and toe nail clippings that I removed from her dustbins over the last 12 months or so.

TAKE THAT MADEJSKI!!1!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Feb 2011 21:53

Bandini I would suggest starting sentences with "However", rather than having it appear in the middle of sentences.

I hope that you wrote it in green ink.

Well, I'd have to disagree. It is fundamentally wrong to start a sentence with 'However'. Each sentence should be able to stand on its own, It is, therefore, right to link 2 ideas with a 'however' in the middle of the sentence.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Feb 2011 22:11

Royal Lady Enclosed with my letter to The Board of Directors is the email from "customer service" with the same standard response - requesting a PROPER response this time.

In fact, here is my letter - I don't care if people think it's over the top, not worthwhile or whatever, at least I've done something about it, instead of just moaning!!

I write in reference to the recent announcement on the official website that all Season Tickets must be purchased by 28 April 2011 in order to secure existing Season Ticket seats.

I emailed your Customer Service Department and a Paul Collins replied with a standard reply (I know this, as someone else who also queried this received the same email) which did not in any way address my queries or my points. Therefore, I am having to write to you and I would be grateful if one of you would respond, personally, so that I know that you are fully aware of how many of the fans feel at this current time.

I attach a copy of my email and the reply received.

The main point, which I feel you should understand and be aware of, is that suddenly deciding to ask fans to renew their Season Tickets by end of April, when in the past it has been nearer to the first week in June, is that no prior warning was given, some people are still paying off THIS year’s season ticket and the fact that when you have a number of season tickets to renew, it means you have to find a lot of money a lot quicker than you had planned – particularly in these current dire economic times.

The email I received said that “Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success, however, the Club have ensured that they are providing Season Ticket holders with 11 weeks’ notice and a finance option.” The “success” of which you speak is the success in getting more people to sign up for Season Tickets! I would be interested to know what type of research you have conducted to arrive at this conclusion. You may well have provided us with 11 weeks’ notice; however, the finance option is either over 4 months (with a £15 administration fee, thus negating any “savings” you may like to advertise) or over 9 months (with an APR of 19.9%).

It is interesting to note that a number of clubs, including Hull and Norwich City, have a 12 month rolling direct debit scheme – with a proviso that fans must have a season ticket for at least one season. This would have made life a lot easier for many RFC fans at this current time also.

If people bought last year’s Season Tickets on a credit card, they may well still be paying them off. If the main reason for making us pay earlier is to find out how much disposable income you will have from Season Ticket sales, why, as I asked in my original email, could you not ask for a £50 non-refundable deposit to secure your seat with the balance to be paid in early June, as usual.

You will forgive us long-standing fans for feeling like we have a gun held to our heads in order to secure seats which many of us have held since the stadium opened. You may also forgive some of us for being very sceptical as to the reason you are so desperate to obtain our money so much earlier this year. I do hope it is not because you plan to sell off some of our better players and the chances are they may go at the very beginning of the transfer window. If this happened and people had not already renewed, there would, of course, be the chance that the uptake on renewals would be a lot less.

I can only speak for those season ticket holders whom I have discussed this with and the majority appear to feel as I do. I would be very interested to know how many extra renewals you secure for next season as a result of everyone having to pay earlier.

We are your customers. Without us, as I am sure you do not need reminding, there would be no football club. If season ticket holders vote with their feet because they feel they are being treated rather shoddily by the club, I hope you will bear this is in mind for the future.

It was pleasing to see that “Importantly, a newly designed entry card will be given exclusively to all 2011/12 season ticket holders, recognising the loyal support our ST holders give to us every single week" but I am sure I am not alone in saying that I really could not care less what my entry card looks like and I really do not consider that to be an important factor in deciding, firstly, whether to renew my season ticket by the end of April and, secondly, whether to renew it at all.

I have no doubt that I will receive a “thank you for your interest” letter, signed by a secretary and that neither Mr Madejski, Mr Howe or Mr Stabler will have sight of this letter, however, if that proves to be the case, that is further to the detriment of the club and the way it treats its fans. For a club that appears to win “Family Club” awards and wants to be seen welcoming women to the club, you are undoing all the good work you have been rewarded for.

Great letter RL.

I suspect you will get a personal reply from the supporter-friendly face of RFC i.e. Jackie Evans. Sadly I doubt she will be able to influence anything much.

As for “Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success", I suspect that only applies where clubs have invested the proceeds in strengthening their squads and/or not flogging off their existing stars and replacing them with cut price/cut quality replacements.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Feb 2011 22:12

West Stand Man
Bandini I would suggest starting sentences with "However", rather than having it appear in the middle of sentences.

I hope that you wrote it in green ink.

Well, I'd have to disagree. It is fundamentally wrong to start a sentence with 'However'. Each sentence should be able to stand on its own, It is, therefore, right to link 2 ideas with a 'however' in the middle of the sentence.

Someone else giving away, I suspect, the fact that they were educated at a time when O levels existed.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Feb 2011 08:51

I'm miffed at the threatening nature of all this, I'm all for incentives for early renewal but being threatened to renew early or oxf*rd off makes me think the club think I'm a mug to be exploited. And for that reason, after 11 years as a STH, I'm OUT. The product on offer is not that great for me to be clamouring after it.

I guess I was probably looking for an excuse not to renew as money gets tighter, and the club's now given me one. I was wondering about it last season, and noticed that of the seats left, right, up and down from me there were 5 that changed hands. So as I go on my own now, if I should I ever want to return to a being a STH I doubt there will be a problem getting a seat in a similar area. Added to that I could probably book a similar seat for every Saturday game online and skip midweek matches.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 09:05

Worst thing is that the club are annoying a load of ST holders for no reason. As has been said, is there any reason to be a ST holder unless you can attend almost all games, and if the numbers drop signifigantly then the club will find that attracting them in as match by match buyers is much harder, wait till the thought of £23 to watch RFC v Scunthorpe is the offer

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Feb 2011 09:31

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady Enclosed with my letter to The Board of Directors is the email from "customer service" with the same standard response - requesting a PROPER response this time.

In fact, here is my letter - I don't care if people think it's over the top, not worthwhile or whatever, at least I've done something about it, instead of just moaning!!

I write in reference to the recent announcement on the official website that all Season Tickets must be purchased by 28 April 2011 in order to secure existing Season Ticket seats.

I emailed your Customer Service Department and a Paul Collins replied with a standard reply (I know this, as someone else who also queried this received the same email) which did not in any way address my queries or my points. Therefore, I am having to write to you and I would be grateful if one of you would respond, personally, so that I know that you are fully aware of how many of the fans feel at this current time.

I attach a copy of my email and the reply received.

The main point, which I feel you should understand and be aware of, is that suddenly deciding to ask fans to renew their Season Tickets by end of April, when in the past it has been nearer to the first week in June, is that no prior warning was given, some people are still paying off THIS year’s season ticket and the fact that when you have a number of season tickets to renew, it means you have to find a lot of money a lot quicker than you had planned – particularly in these current dire economic times.

The email I received said that “Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success, however, the Club have ensured that they are providing Season Ticket holders with 11 weeks’ notice and a finance option.” The “success” of which you speak is the success in getting more people to sign up for Season Tickets! I would be interested to know what type of research you have conducted to arrive at this conclusion. You may well have provided us with 11 weeks’ notice; however, the finance option is either over 4 months (with a £15 administration fee, thus negating any “savings” you may like to advertise) or over 9 months (with an APR of 19.9%).

It is interesting to note that a number of clubs, including Hull and Norwich City, have a 12 month rolling direct debit scheme – with a proviso that fans must have a season ticket for at least one season. This would have made life a lot easier for many RFC fans at this current time also.

If people bought last year’s Season Tickets on a credit card, they may well still be paying them off. If the main reason for making us pay earlier is to find out how much disposable income you will have from Season Ticket sales, why, as I asked in my original email, could you not ask for a £50 non-refundable deposit to secure your seat with the balance to be paid in early June, as usual.

You will forgive us long-standing fans for feeling like we have a gun held to our heads in order to secure seats which many of us have held since the stadium opened. You may also forgive some of us for being very sceptical as to the reason you are so desperate to obtain our money so much earlier this year. I do hope it is not because you plan to sell off some of our better players and the chances are they may go at the very beginning of the transfer window. If this happened and people had not already renewed, there would, of course, be the chance that the uptake on renewals would be a lot less.

I can only speak for those season ticket holders whom I have discussed this with and the majority appear to feel as I do. I would be very interested to know how many extra renewals you secure for next season as a result of everyone having to pay earlier.

We are your customers. Without us, as I am sure you do not need reminding, there would be no football club. If season ticket holders vote with their feet because they feel they are being treated rather shoddily by the club, I hope you will bear this is in mind for the future.

It was pleasing to see that “Importantly, a newly designed entry card will be given exclusively to all 2011/12 season ticket holders, recognising the loyal support our ST holders give to us every single week" but I am sure I am not alone in saying that I really could not care less what my entry card looks like and I really do not consider that to be an important factor in deciding, firstly, whether to renew my season ticket by the end of April and, secondly, whether to renew it at all.

I have no doubt that I will receive a “thank you for your interest” letter, signed by a secretary and that neither Mr Madejski, Mr Howe or Mr Stabler will have sight of this letter, however, if that proves to be the case, that is further to the detriment of the club and the way it treats its fans. For a club that appears to win “Family Club” awards and wants to be seen welcoming women to the club, you are undoing all the good work you have been rewarded for.

Great letter RL.

I suspect you will get a personal reply from the supporter-friendly face of RFC i.e. Jackie Evans. Sadly I doubt she will be able to influence anything much.

As for “Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success", I suspect that only applies where clubs have invested the proceeds in strengthening their squads and/or not flogging off their existing stars and replacing them with cut price/cut quality replacements.

Would it be worth sending a copy of this to the EP as well, just to give other fans, not just users of Hobnob, an insight into anger this has caused. People who don't use Hobnob may think they are in the minority if they are thinking this?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Feb 2011 10:45

I don't see what the fuss is about. The club have treated the supporters like shit ever since I started going. They don't give a damn and never will. Just get used to it as nothing will ever change. RL's post which included the Norwich City statement is brilliant. THAT is how a club engages with its supporters.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 11:16

With regard to the "research and experience.....and success" in the second reply from Customer Services to Drew, they clearly said that the "success" was all about how many Season Tickets they sell - which is why I made mention of it in my letter.

Depending on the reply I receive to my letter (if I get one at all) - my next stop is the EP.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 11:24

Not sure they have decided to have a movers week, just resell the non renewed seats asap.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 11:27

Movers Week starts 3rd May.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 11:31

Is it just me that can see less than 10k ST holders next season?

Cocker

by Cocker » 18 Feb 2011 11:42

Terminal Boardom I don't see what the fuss is about. The club have treated the supporters like shit ever since I started going. They don't give a damn and never will. Just get used to it as nothing will ever change. RL's post which included the Norwich City statement is brilliant. THAT is how a club engages with its supporters.

So to summarise, some people are a little upset that they didn't get a shiny email from the club telling them what a great fan they are

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 18 Feb 2011 11:46

if you dont go to the matches you'll miss out on great offers like this

@ReadingFC
100 Programme buyers will be getting a free Domino's Garlic Bread Pizza voucher at tomorrow's game. No strings. Get yours. Yummy!

from RFC's twitterfeed :|

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 18 Feb 2011 11:54

I suspect the "research" involvode a call to Kenny B of West Yorkshire

Whilst I whole heartedly agree the club has scored a o.g. with this, I have a sneaky feeling (and someone earlier alluded to this), the club is somewhat nervous that it will lose x% of its current STH to the Olympics. Tickets awarded for the 2012 games must be paid for between May 15th - June 15th, right when most of us are shelling for our ST and if we can only afford to buy one and pay for the other on a "pay as you attend" basis, the simpliest has to be Olympics in May/June and RFC as and when one attends.

Back to Kenny B, just thank your lucky stars he isn't at the helm. ST next year have gone up by 14% to £516 (for an equivalent ticket in the North Stand), which is a eye watering 38% dearer than ours, and to cap it all, if you wish to pay interest fee you would have already made your first payment (Feb 1st). Whether this is the norm for them, I don't know, but things could be worse.....

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Feb 2011 14:07

That can't be true bvd, no other team would dare start selling season tickets so early!

what's next after the E-Po RL? Dave Cameron? the united nations? wikileaks? The A-Team?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Feb 2011 16:02

Cocker
Terminal Boardom I don't see what the fuss is about. The club have treated the supporters like shit ever since I started going. They don't give a damn and never will. Just get used to it as nothing will ever change. RL's post which included the Norwich City statement is brilliant. THAT is how a club engages with its supporters.

So to summarise, some people are a little upset that they didn't get a shiny email from the club telling them what a great fan they are

Someone's hacked your account and added an 'er' to your username.

If that's what you've got from this thread then try reading again and pay a little more attention to the arguments within the written piece.

D - Must do better.

Cocker

by Cocker » 18 Feb 2011 16:21

LOLz

So tell me then, what exactly have Norwich done then that is so much better than us?

All I can see is a fluffy statement (best supporters in the land etc) to try and justify an increase in prices. Something which has happended at RFC

Even with the £15 admin charge there increase is more than double ours (on top of the fact that I'm pretty sure there ST's are more than we pay)

But hey ho.. any stick to beat the club with

Gr8 insult by the way m8. Just about sums up your mentality

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Feb 2011 16:39

RoyalBlue
Cocker

If that's what you've got from this thread then try reading again and pay a little more attention to the arguments within the written piece.

D - Must do better.

You're generous giving Cock a D since he can't even read and has no grasp about what being discussed, but he's probably just a WUM or a troll.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Feb 2011 17:09

PieEater
RoyalBlue
Cocker

D - Must do better.

You're generous giving Cock a D since he can't even read and has no grasp about what being discussed, but he's probably just a WUM or a troll.

You are correct. Now downgraded to E on the basis of 'happended' , 'there increase', 'there ST's' (two mistakes for the price of one in that last one!), together with further evidence that he is incapable of following even the most straight forward of arguments!

605 posts