Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 17:23

Mr Collins virgin giving page now no longer available!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 17:26

For the benefit of cocker - taking an "I'm all right Jack" attitude doesn't help those for whom this ST fiasco is going to cause problems.

Norwich offer 12 month direct debit on their season tickets - they know their prices are high, but the comments from the Chief Exec at least make Norwich fans feel they are of some worth to their club.

Contrast this with a standard reply from OUR club to any questions posed regarding why we're having to pay earlier. If you can afford to pay for your ST by end of April good for you, I'm pleased for you, but a lot of people currently sit together and have done for years, even as far back as when the stadium opened - one of ours is a pensioner who budgets for his ticket and is going to have to find the money a lot quicker than usual. Others may still be paying off this year's ticket and will before they've finished, will have to find the money to pay for another one. The stock answer from the club is that getting them bought earlier brings "success" to the club - not success on the pitch, success in securing higher ST sales - I don't understand the basis of that, personally - so I'm querying it.

People moan on here about all sorts of things and as soon as one or two bother to actually do something about it on behalf of other fans, as well as themselves, they're ridiculed. :roll:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 18:08

I think it is time I won the Euro millions and bough RFC from JM, first thing I would do is put RL in full charge of stadium decisions, and Cellid thingy as her assistant, good salaries , Natch.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 18:11

I've said to Schards that if I won the Euromillions I'd buy the club, but he said we wouldn't be able to afford to run it. I'm more than happy to give my services free of charge if it meant the club actually realised what it's like to be a fan!

Cocker

by Cocker » 18 Feb 2011 18:13

Royal Lady For the benefit of cocker - taking an "I'm all right Jack" attitude doesn't help those for whom this ST fiasco is going to cause problems.

Norwich offer 12 month direct debit on their season tickets - they know their prices are high, but the comments from the Chief Exec at least make Norwich fans feel they are of some worth to their club.

Contrast this with a standard reply from OUR club to any questions posed regarding why we're having to pay earlier. If you can afford to pay for your ST by end of April good for you, I'm pleased for you, but a lot of people currently sit together and have done for years, even as far back as when the stadium opened - one of ours is a pensioner who budgets for his ticket and is going to have to find the money a lot quicker than usual. Others may still be paying off this year's ticket and will before they've finished, will have to find the money to pay for another one. The stock answer from the club is that getting them bought earlier brings "success" to the club - not success on the pitch, success in securing higher ST sales - I don't understand the basis of that, personally - so I'm querying it.

People moan on here about all sorts of things and as soon as one or two bother to actually do something about it on behalf of other fans, as well as themselves, they're ridiculed. :roll:

Fair enough (and good luck to you)

FTR I didn't say I agreed with the policy RFC have adopted, but it gets boring listening to people use other football clubs as a tool to beat ours with. Especially one who have increased their ST's, on top of already high ticket prices (remember the £30+ a few weeks ago they charged us).

I was directly quoting someone regarding their irony. They were somehow showing NCFC as some moral beacon regarding ST policy / fan treatment ('brilliant' I think the phrase was) even though their prices have increased. So money wasn't obviously the worry for them, just the actual fluffy email that has been quoted.

I actually think the 'non refundable deposit' is the most salient point that has been raised so far.

On a side note, if JM would have come out with that statement imagine what the reaction from the usual suspects would have been

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 18:18

Yes, you can't please all of the people all of the time. I'd have more respect for JM if he actually told it like it was, "look people, you know the score, money is tight for us all, we appreciate that, but if we could get a number of people renewing their STs by end of April, this would help us enormously as we'd have a rough idea of how much "upfront" money we'd have and can buy or sell players accordingly. The next couple of years are going to be a rough ride for all concerned with RFC, but, with your continued support, which the club appreciates, we hope we can ride out the storm" or something.

How much have they spent on these "newly designed entry cards" for a start? Why do we need them?

Even if those of us who have contacted the club got a "proper" response, it would have helped.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 18:20

Royal Lady I've said to Schards that if I won the Euromillions I'd buy the club, but he said we wouldn't be able to afford to run it. I'm more than happy to give my services free of charge if it meant the club actually realised what it's like to be a fan!

Of course you could JM would sell the club for about £70m, giving him a healthy profit, you would have a mortgagable asset and £30 mill to use, and think of that Penthouse, tho you would possibly need a new user name on her.

Tho you would not be able to rename the ground, or actually own the Hotel, or the training ground, and the ground is I believe on a peppercorn lease from the council, but you would have Shane Long on contract! :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 18:23

I'd have to sell him straight away I'm afraid and put Mr Eastleigh up front on his own. Got to keep the costs down. Though I'll keep the wine at a lower price, "for the women".

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 18:29

Royal Lady I'd have to sell him straight away I'm afraid and put Mr Eastleigh up front on his own. Got to keep the costs down. Though I'll keep the wine at a lower price, "for the women".

Can we have an over 50 ST price band as well please, and day ticks

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 18:44

ST prices will be means tested! :wink: And I'll introduce a joint LI/RFC ticket giving a 50% discount if you follow both teams.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 18:51

Royal Lady ST prices will be means tested! :wink:

Special rates for carers then!!! result. Can you price Snowball out, or banish him to the Upper West with Mr A

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Feb 2011 19:36

Whilst whistfully making light of your own posts RL, have you actually had reply to your letter yet?

working class hero

by working class hero » 18 Feb 2011 20:18

A few seasons ago - like RFC - I did some research into ST prices. I was checking the lowest price tickets at each club and - IIRC - RFC were 3rd most expensive...

I stopped buying a ST and have to say I am not missing many of the unatractive games! I have saved substantial cash [used to pay for 6 STs] and have enjoyed weekends just as much.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 Feb 2011 20:23

I have received a follow up response from the the club from our jobs worth of the moment Mr Paul Collins - The Stadium and Customer Service Supervisor.

As I have explained previously the Club have chosen to go on sale earlier to maximise the amount of sales based on research.

Bristol City and Norwich City have deadlines of 13th and 14th May respectively which for the majority of people would not include an extra pay day to our deadline. Derby County and Coventry City have a deadline 2 days longer than ours of the 30th April and Cardiff City actually have a deadline of 31st March.

The deadline we offered Season ticket holders last season was the 4th June and we gave 7 weeks notice for this and went on sale on 19th April. Although the club have brought the deadline forward this year the club have given season ticket holders 11 weeks notice (4 weeks longer than last season) which includes 3 pay days for the majority of people as opposed to 2 in previous seasons.

Summary -----We have to renew early because other clubs are doing it and it takes into account three pay days not two.

Great research by RFC!!!!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Feb 2011 20:27

RFC leading the way as to how football clubs should be run, by using others as an excuse.

FWIW Mr Collins is still on the web, good old google cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-a

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2011 20:57

AthleticoSpizz Whilst whistfully making light of your own posts RL, have you actually had reply to your letter yet?
I only posted it yesterday - they would have got it today - i'd like to think I might get a reply tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.

And it will probably be along the lines of the reply posted just above - we've got 3 pay days until we have to renew so deal with it. :cry:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Feb 2011 21:23

good luck

and I still have a vested interest

Reading are a hard habit to break,

but this whole £ootball thing has long since departed the interests of those that used to stand under the tin roofs.

Like me, find a new tin-roof to stand under

There are plenty of local teams that would worship your support

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Feb 2011 23:32

Cocker
Royal Lady For the benefit of cocker - taking an "I'm all right Jack" attitude doesn't help those for whom this ST fiasco is going to cause problems.

Fair enough (and good luck to you)

FTR I didn't say I agreed with the policy RFC have adopted, but it gets boring listening to people use other football clubs as a tool to beat ours with. Especially one who have increased their ST's, on top of already high ticket prices (remember the £30+ a few weeks ago they charged us).

I was directly quoting someone regarding their irony. They were somehow showing NCFC as some moral beacon regarding ST policy / fan treatment ('brilliant' I think the phrase was) even though their prices have increased. So money wasn't obviously the worry for them, just the actual fluffy email that has been quoted.

I actually think the 'non refundable deposit' is the most salient point that has been raised so far.

On a side note, if JM would have come out with that statement imagine what the reaction from the usual suspects would have been

I don't think that I was using Norwich City as a "tool" as you put it. I was treating it as a benchmark showing how a club can communicate to its supporters. RFC have always been shit with dealings with the supporters. Mike Lewis described the Supporters Club as a "Bunch of well meaning amateurs". How patronising is that? In 1989, I visited every football league club on a charity trip over 10 days. Guess what? Loads of clubs bent over backwards for us giving all sorts of souveniers including autographed match balls, engraved tankards, tickets and all sorts. Reading? A manky £1.50 pennant.

Then again, I don't need to do anything to knock RFC as they do a bloody great job of shooting themselves in the feet more often than not.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Feb 2011 10:28

The Real Sandhurst Royal I have received a follow up response from the the club from our jobs worth of the moment Mr Paul Collins - The Stadium and Customer Service Supervisor.

As I have explained previously the Club have chosen to go on sale earlier to maximise the amount of sales based on research.

Bristol City and Norwich City have deadlines of 13th and 14th May respectively which for the majority of people would not include an extra pay day to our deadline. Derby County and Coventry City have a deadline 2 days longer than ours of the 30th April and Cardiff City actually have a deadline of 31st March.

The deadline we offered Season ticket holders last season was the 4th June and we gave 7 weeks notice for this and went on sale on 19th April. Although the club have brought the deadline forward this year the club have given season ticket holders 11 weeks notice (4 weeks longer than last season) which includes 3 pay days for the majority of people as opposed to 2 in previous seasons.

Summary -----We have to renew early because other clubs are doing it and it takes into account three pay days not two.

So, in summary of their extensive research around 24 teams in the Championship, 3 others have ST deadlines before the end of the season, one of which screwed 10k of it's STHs over last season by getting them to buy tickets before xmas to fund player purchases in Jan, and then paid the taxman instead; another where STs are in demand with over 20k STHs and another who have never had a promotion in 30 years.

:roll:

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 19 Feb 2011 10:49

The Real Sandhurst Royal I have received a follow up response from the the club from our jobs worth of the moment Mr Paul Collins - The Stadium and Customer Service Supervisor.

They really do miss the point don't they, its not about notice periods for christ sake! It's about people having budgets for certain times of the year.

Besides which, everyone knows they are going to renew their ticket most likely, and they also know that it is normally june therefore by bringing the date forward they have effectively cut down on the number of "pay days" before we renew not given us more.

605 posts