Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by Rex » 19 Feb 2011 11:05

Cancel you're holidays and get the ST. :| It's clearly the only priority for the club.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Feb 2011 11:50

royalexile Cancel you're holidays and get the ST. :| It's clearly the only priority for the club.

My thoughts exactly

working class hero

by working class hero » 19 Feb 2011 12:34

reading town look like getting more of my cash!!!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Feb 2011 18:23

working class hero reading town look like getting more of my cash!!!

Any of the local non league clubs would be more than happy to welcome more people through the turnstiles. On top of that, what can be better than being able to stand anywhere in a ground with a pint in one hand and fag in the other? No stewards telling you to sit down, free car parking generally, and some great banter. Give it a go and see what happens.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 19 Feb 2011 19:14

royalexile Cancel you're holidays and get the ST. :| It's clearly the only priority for the club.

Oh dear. Serious apostrophe crime alert.
Last edited by West Stand Man on 20 Feb 2011 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 19 Feb 2011 19:19

your*

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Feb 2011 19:23

Spotted that. Editing is a sign of something anal. :mrgreen:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Feb 2011 19:28

BTW, no reply received to my letter today. Here's hoping Monday brings some news.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Feb 2011 19:31

West Stand Man

Of dear. Serious apostrophe crime alert.

:wink:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Feb 2011 19:32

Royal Lady BTW, no reply received to my letter today. Here's hoping Monday brings some news.

Despite some really excellent points made RL, the club will probably scoff in a derisive manner and possibly reply after the St renewal date.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 19 Feb 2011 20:41

RL, i would not expect a quick response from the board of directors. they do not meet together every day.

i'd expect a response in about 8 weeks

Prior to that you MIGHT get a letter acknowledging receipt of your letter and indicating that they will investgate the matter in due course

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Feb 2011 07:14

No, they'll just send the standard response letter again.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Feb 2011 14:05

weybridgewanderer RL, i would not expect a quick response from the board of directors. they do not meet together every day.

i'd expect a response in about 8 weeks

Prior to that you MIGHT get a letter acknowledging receipt of your letter and indicating that they will investgate the matter in due course

As if they really need to meet on this (or much else). Board of directors in name maybe but who do people think calls all the shots when a decision has to be made?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Feb 2011 14:14

Drew_3
The Real Sandhurst Royal I have received a follow up response from the the club from our jobs worth of the moment Mr Paul Collins - The Stadium and Customer Service Supervisor.

As I have explained previously the Club have chosen to go on sale earlier to maximise the amount of sales based on research.

Bristol City and Norwich City have deadlines of 13th and 14th May respectively which for the majority of people would not include an extra pay day to our deadline. Derby County and Coventry City have a deadline 2 days longer than ours of the 30th April and Cardiff City actually have a deadline of 31st March.

The deadline we offered Season ticket holders last season was the 4th June and we gave 7 weeks notice for this and went on sale on 19th April. Although the club have brought the deadline forward this year the club have given season ticket holders 11 weeks notice (4 weeks longer than last season) which includes 3 pay days for the majority of people as opposed to 2 in previous seasons.

Summary -----We have to renew early because other clubs are doing it and it takes into account three pay days not two.

Great research by RFC!!!!

They really do miss the point don't they, its not about notice periods for christ sake! It's about people having budgets for certain times of the year.

Besides which, everyone knows they are going to renew their ticket most likely, and they also know that it is normally june therefore by bringing the date forward they have effectively cut down on the number of "pay days" before we renew not given us more.

They really do know how to rub insult into injury don't they?!! If ever proof was needed of existence of life on a different planet, Paul Collins has provided it!! So giving longer notice of the renewal cut off date but then bringing that date forward makes it easier for people find the money for their season tickets does it?! :roll:

Did their research not also show that investment in the playing squad together with performances and results on the pitch maximises season ticket sales? :shock:

This change could prove to be the own goal of the season, given the way the team is currently performing.

With a June renewal date, the horrors of the previous season have started to fade in the memory, the sun is shining (sometimes) and optimism is starting to grow for the coiming season.

Contrast that to feelings that are likely to abound come this April. And if season ticket holders don't renew by the deadline and consequently lose their favoured seats, I can't see them bothering to buy a season ticket come the summer, even if optimism is returning. There will be plenty of seats available on a pay as you go, pick your games basis.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Feb 2011 15:32

The other thing about a June deadline is that the club can remind fans of the date when as said above the fans start to think about the following season.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 20 Feb 2011 18:29

Just amazes me that these RFC marketing bods have come up with this crazy season ticket plan without the directors' knowledge. Unless they can intercept the postie, there's going to be carnage on Monday morning when JM, Nigel and Ian discover their scheming.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2011 19:10

Whore Jackie Just amazes me that these RFC marketing bods have come up with this crazy season ticket plan without the directors' knowledge. Unless they can intercept the postie, there's going to be carnage on Monday morning when JM, Nigel and Ian discover their scheming.

What??

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Feb 2011 19:15

First time since about 98 I won't be renewing. No ambition from the board from the last couple of seasons despite high ticket prices, now they are asking for us to pay early so we'll have already bought our ST's by the time they sell 2/3 of our best players.

Yeah....no thanks.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Feb 2011 19:37

I think we know where this is all going....and its not exclusive to Reading

From the Premier down to the Hellenic

The halcyonic wage days that SKY TV (and the likes) have helped to instigate, are soon to be over

Players are going to have to accept the wage cuts that their supporters have had to...or clubs are going to have to get used to playing to empty stadia

IMHO the next two seasons will be the watersheads where football rejoins the working classes once again.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Feb 2011 13:47

AthleticoSpizz I think we know where this is all going....and its not exclusive to Reading

From the Premier down to the Hellenic

The halcyonic wage days that SKY TV (and the likes) have helped to instigate, are soon to be over

Players are going to have to accept the wage cuts that their supporters have had to...or clubs are going to have to get used to playing to empty stadia

IMHO the next two seasons will be the watersheads where football rejoins the working classes once again.

I really hope so. It doesn't have to rejoin the working classes (I don't want to be excluded! :wink: ) but it does need to rejoin this planet.

605 posts