Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Feb 2011 13:10

Car park demo anyone?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Feb 2011 13:15

Terminal Boardom Car park demo anyone?

Please go Craig??? FB page ready anyone?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Feb 2011 13:44

i think we should have a C U N T S day - Club Undertake Naughty Ticket Sales

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Feb 2011 14:19

WoodleyRoyal i think we should have a C U N T S day - Club Undertake Naughty Ticket Sales

:lol: :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Feb 2011 20:44

starliaison
Royal Lady
Royal Lady And she said "cash flow problems" did she not?

Plus, she said on here that she was going to speak to other STAR members and supporters at the Watford game, long after many of us had bothered to email the club to ask more questions and long after I'd given the "non-refundable deposit for a seat" idea by way of email to customer services and also in a letter to The Board of Directors. So, to make out STAR have been doing all sorts behind the scenes "for the fans" is rather misleading, wouldn't you say?

I know you seldom cut STAR any slack but to say it is misleading to make out that STAR is doing all sorts behind the scenes just assumes you know just what I have been doing - and you don't or else you would not think that an email to customer services and a letter to the Board of Directors trumps it. But you carry on thinking that you are contributing your way and I will continue my way and we may well never agree.

And I apologise if I had the same idea as you - I am afraid I do not spend much time on here so managed to miss that one.

Out of interest, did RFC even bother to consult with STAR before announcing this ill thought out and hare-brained scheme?

If they didn't, it shows that they don't care a jot about what STAR or their members think.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Feb 2011 21:04

RoyalBlue Out of interest, did RFC even bother to consult with STAR before announcing this ill thought out and hare-brained scheme?

If they didn't, it shows that they don't care a jot about what STAR or their members think.

early in the thread starliaison Sorry for the silence from STAR but as Dirk implied I am the only one on here who has a STAR moniker now and my work does not mean I am constantly on the internet so it is a bit hit and miss.

This was not mentioned at the part of the last management meeting we attended - I suspect it was on the agenda after we left - so it was as much a surprise to me as it was to everyone else.

The club use STAR when it suits obviously.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 24 Feb 2011 21:13

Terminal Boardom Car park demo anyone?

Only if you have a permit

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Feb 2011 22:18

Hoop Blah
RoyalBlue Out of interest, did RFC even bother to consult with STAR before announcing this ill thought out and hare-brained scheme?

early in the thread starliaison Sorry for the silence from STAR but as Dirk implied I am the only one on here who has a STAR moniker now and my work does not mean I am constantly on the internet so it is a bit hit and miss.

This was not mentioned at the part of the last management meeting we attended - I suspect it was on the agenda after we left - so it was as much a surprise to me as it was to everyone else.

Quite. So it's about time that STAR developed some male genitals and told the club management that they are no longer prepared to be treated in that manner.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Feb 2011 22:58

Hoop Blah

Because they knew what STAR and ST holders would say about it.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Feb 2011 11:01

Sarah, do you give lessons in stakeholder management? I can see a great new career for you here.....

The football club might well have had an idea of what STHs feel on the subject, but then apparently all their research indicates that this move is going to get better renewal rates so perhaps it's not so cut and dried as we all think!

Either way, STAR sell themselves as an organisation that are in bed with the club and consultate when it matters on fan issues. They do a lot of good work but this just goes to show the level of engagement the club deem necessary on what is a key interation with it's core support.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2011 11:07

Not had a reply to my letter. Not going to lose any sleep over it though. The club might, when they realise how many people will either not renew or are seriously reconsidering doing so.

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 25 Feb 2011 13:15

Hoop Blah Sarah, do you give lessons in stakeholder management? I can see a great new career for you here.....

The football club might well have had an idea of what STHs feel on the subject, but then apparently all their research indicates that this move is going to get better renewal rates so perhaps it's not so cut and dried as we all think!

Either way, STAR sell themselves as an organisation that are in bed with the club and consultate when it matters on fan issues. They do a lot of good work but this just goes to show the level of engagement the club deem necessary on what is a key interation with it's core support.

FWIW I have never considered myself in bed with the club, there are a lot of people who do work very hard for STAR that are very irate at the moment at the way STAR have been treated, particularly over this issue, I can assure you that it is a subject that is going to be intensely discussed at our meeting next week. We strongly believe in consultation and Sarah Star is pefectly correct in her statement. We were deliberately not given the opportunity to give our opinion, so we feel bitterly let down by this.

Some people might choose to dismiss this post but I can assure I mean every word, my other half and I do what we do because we genuinely want to help fans get to games, other STAR members work hard in other areas we don't do it so we can be treated with contempt.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Feb 2011 13:38

I'm sure STAR does firmly believe in consultation but it's always seemed a bit obvious from the outside that the club doesn't. The point a few of us have made in the past and above, is that the club don't seem to treat STAR as another more than their mouth piece when it suits them.

I'm sure people beaver away for lots of good causes within STAR. Unfortunately that doesn't seem, again from the outside, to be standing up for the fans often enough or doing much to rattle a few cages at the club on our behalf.

Perhaps now the club have treated you this way you'll start to see that they see you as a well behaved old labrador who just needs a little attention here and there and not as the vibrant energetic doberman who you ignore at your furnitures peril.

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 25 Feb 2011 13:46

Leave furniture out of this please unless you are referring to all the armchair generals on here who have a lot to say but do not convert that into action, join STAR, change it, if you feel it needs it, we are not as tame as you think but we could always do with new blood, new ideas and new perceptions.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Feb 2011 13:47

And to be fair, the club have listened over many other things that have been changed

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Feb 2011 13:47

The thing is that Reading fans are not a vociferous, militant band of people. Neither are they particularly passionate about the club. Perhaps if more people got involved with STAR, or at least offered their services, that may help a bit. I bet though that at the last two games there were no impromptu banners unfurled voicing displeasure at the manner in which RFC plc have imposed this revised policy. At least in the 80s there was sight of the occasional "Waller Out!" banner. But no. Reading fans of the 21st Century would much rather sit quietly and accept what RFC plc does without complaint.

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 25 Feb 2011 13:50

V12 Sorry Blue Heart but doing a job for free doesn't excuse doing it badly

Time and time and time again STAR have let the fans down and I for one am pleased more and more people are seeing those 'running' the operation for what they are

Well here's your opportunity V12 you think STAR needs a rocket, come on board and fire at will

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 25 Feb 2011 13:56

Hoop Blah I'm sure STAR does firmly believe in consultation but it's always seemed a bit obvious from the outside that the club doesn't. The point a few of us have made in the past and above, is that the club don't seem to treat STAR as another more than their mouth piece when it suits them.

I'm sure people beaver away for lots of good causes within STAR. Unfortunately that doesn't seem, again from the outside, to be standing up for the fans often enough or doing much to rattle a few cages at the club on our behalf.

Perhaps now the club have treated you this way you'll start to see that they see you as a well behaved old labrador who just needs a little attention here and there and not as the vibrant energetic doberman who you ignore at your furnitures peril.

HB, are you a STAR member? Why not join the board and shake things up a bit?

There's lots of criticism of STAR on these boards. The accusations of "cosying up" to the club and/or being "a mouthpiece for SJM" among the most common of them.

I don't suppose there's any good reason why there can't be another supporters' club for those who would favour a more confrontational approach. Apart from the fact that those that like to harp on would actually need to do something that is.

fwiw I think STAR do a pretty fair job on representing the views of Reading fans in general.

It's a shame that the club chose not to engage them on this issue but I suspect that they could have anticipated STAR's response.

Having a supporters' trust with a seat at the management meetings does not make them part of the management. It's not the fault of STAR that this has happened but it is their job, once they have consulted with their members, to let the club know what they think and should the membership request it, attempt to get the renewal date moved back to June.

That seems to be what they're doing.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2011 14:09

I take exception to the comments made by the STAR representatives on here - firstly, that I shouldn't be mentioning "cash flow problems" when that is what I heard on the radio from one of them! And secondly, the condescending comment that if I think sending an email to customer service and then a letter to the Board of Directors "trumps" what they've been doing, then I'm wrong!

If STAR wanted to get others involved, they'd be grateful for the likes of me and Drew and many others who have got off their @rses and done something about the ST situation, rather than appearing to knock them for poking their noses in!

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 25 Feb 2011 14:13

It's a shame that the club chose not to engage them on this issue but I suspect that they could have anticipated STAR's response.

Exactly that I am afraid...'We didn't ask, because we knew what you would say'

605 posts