Final tickets

1424 posts
North Somerset Royal

Re: Final tickets

by North Somerset Royal » 24 May 2011 09:03

Postman has just delivered my tickets & I could have hugged him! They are even the right ones :lol:

philM

by philM » 24 May 2011 09:04

philM To me equal means still in block 133 (or 134) and still around row 20.

Got through quickly, very helpful TZ staff. Still in 133, row 12 now. Know my seat number 8)

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 May 2011 09:06

Good news.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 24 May 2011 09:07

North Somerset Royal Postman has just delivered my tickets & I could have hugged him! They are even the right ones :lol:

I think someone asked for a "heads up" on delivery earlier in the thread

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 May 2011 09:10

That was RL.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 May 2011 09:12

North Somerset Royal
North Somerset Royal Postman has just delivered my tickets & I could have hugged him! They are even the right ones :lol:

Cheers - expecting ours today or tomorrow then!

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 24 May 2011 09:19

mr_number .... that would suggest that they've known about the problem for some time and save seats for just this eventuality.

They undoubtedly knew since the first reports of systems errors on the first day that they had problem bookings, and the club's own update late on Sunday referred to the "housekeeping" TZ needed to do before the job was done.

Still, despite a crap on-line system it seems TZ are serious about sorting customer problems caused.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 May 2011 09:23

Royal Lady
North Somerset Royal

Cheers - expecting ours today or tomorrow then!

Unless the sods at Swindon pinch loads of them again, harsh revenge tho.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 24 May 2011 09:30

glenroyal
mr_number .... that would suggest that they've known about the problem for some time and save seats for just this eventuality.

They undoubtedly knew since the first reports of systems errors on the first day that they had problem bookings, and the club's own update late on Sunday referred to the "housekeeping" TZ needed to do before the job was done.

Still, despite a crap on-line system it seems TZ are serious about sorting customer problems caused.

What I meant was, it would have been nice if they were aware of this problem earlier, to contact us earlier, whilst there was still a choice of tickets - e.g. on Friday for STHs and Sunday for Members, when it was quieter anyway.

The club's customer services email has an autoreply saying they are receiving a high volume of emails at the moment...

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 24 May 2011 09:36

mr_number
glenroyal

What I meant was, it would have been nice if they were aware of this problem earlier, to contact us earlier, whilst there was still a choice of tickets - e.g. on Friday for STHs and Sunday for Members, when it was quieter anyway.

The club's customer services email has an autoreply saying they are receiving a high volume of emails at the moment...

Ah, yeh true, understood. But I guess with the on-line system and phone lines still jammed with people trying to make bookings, their priority until Monday was all hands on deck - with the clean up afterwards. The system error problems will all have required some human to sort, and they probably couldn't even start that until Sunday. Frustrating though, all stems back to the on-line system being crap in the first place.

DavidM62

by DavidM62 » 24 May 2011 09:43

Just to add that I have had a fail mail and told my seats have been moved to something similar.

I don't see how TZ can possible justify the handling charge when they have screwed up so succesfully.

hatrick_hero

by hatrick_hero » 24 May 2011 09:52

postman has just delivered tickets :D

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 May 2011 09:55

DavidM62 Just to add that I have had a fail mail and told my seats have been moved to something similar.

I don't see how TZ can possible justify the handling charge when they have screwed up so succesfully.

Prolly because they're having to do a lot more than just sell you the tickets?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 May 2011 09:55

hatrick_hero postman has just delivered tickets :D

Hopefully mine will turn up today as well then, did you order last Thursday?

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 24 May 2011 09:59

weybridgewanderer
Mr Irascible
I will make this call tomorrow but then request that I am able to speak to someone at the club who actually has some authority.

Authority to do what?

Doubt anyone at the club will have any authority as far as ticket zone are concerned.

What sort of outcome are you looking for? Just an opportunity to whinge or 31 seats next to John Madejski?

It is not a whinge it is a serious issue witnessed by many comments on this site. If you are perepared to put up with it so be it. Personally I woul rather the supplier was made aware and improved their service and that the club would ensure that in future the supporters were well treated. After spending 4 hours trying to get tickets I would welcome a conversation! :-)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 May 2011 09:59

You need to complain to the FA, not RFC........the decision to use TZ was not taken by the club

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 May 2011 10:04

TBM You need to complain to the FA, not RFC........the decision to use TZ was not taken by the club

....or the FA. You mean the FL.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 May 2011 10:22

Mr Irascible
weybridgewanderer
Mr Irascible
I will make this call tomorrow but then request that I am able to speak to someone at the club who actually has some authority.

Authority to do what?

Doubt anyone at the club will have any authority as far as ticket zone are concerned.

What sort of outcome are you looking for? Just an opportunity to whinge or 31 seats next to John Madejski?

It is not a whinge it is a serious issue witnessed by many comments on this site. If you are perepared to put up with it so be it. Personally I would rather the supplier was made aware and improved their service and that the club would ensure that in future the supporters were well treated. After spending 4 hours trying to get tickets I would welcome a conversation! :-)

I know STAR will be talking to Reading FC ticket office about how the sale went and taking it further if needs be for these reasons, so get in touch with them if you want to add anything. Info@star-reading.org
Last edited by Sarah Star on 24 May 2011 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 May 2011 10:28

Platypuss
TBM You need to complain to the FA, not RFC........the decision to use TZ was not taken by the club

....or the FA. You mean the FL.

Go straight to the top - the FA own Wembley

coleyrocks!

by coleyrocks! » 24 May 2011 10:32

Here is a copy of the email trail I exchanged with Reading FC over the weekend.

What I would like to point out is that the customer service people that I spoke to at ticketzone are actually blaming Reading FC for not sending through all the member numbers, they actually detailed that it was those fans with an "older" member number that were missed out in the download of data Reading provided ticketzone. Now this does not account for the poor performance of the site but may explain why Reading FC are reluctant to comment to much on the challenges experienced by loyal fans as the most damning part of this for me was that my member number was not accepted by the site and I know of many fans that drove for mile to then get to the ground as they thought that would be the only way to secure tickets, probably adding to the already big queues.

I agree with many people on here that the internet and phone service was atrocious at best at copying with the demand and believe that more people should complain so that the debacle is just not overlooked due to the euphoria of getting tickets. Just because you are desperate doesn't mean that you should accept anything thrown at you!

Dear,

Thank you for your email. I apologise on behalf of Ticket Zone but due to a technical error some supporters were not recognised on their database when booking online. We put a short message on Facebook and Twitter to advise supporters to contact TicketZone by phone if you were unable to come down to the stadium. I have attached screen shots from facebook and Twitter. The large queue’s at the Stadium on Thursday and Saturday morning were gone by 2pm on both days.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you but I am glad you have now managed to secure tickets for the final.

Thank you for your support.

Kind Regards

Paul Collins

Stadium & Customer Service Supervisor

Reading Football Club

Tel: 0118 968 1211

Sent: 22 May 2011 20:30
To: memberservices; customerservice; Craig Mortimer-Zhika
Subject: Re: URGENT PLEASE HELP

Hi All,

This information was received much too late to be of any help, why could you have not just posted this infomation on your website, twitter or facebook for public consumption rather than wasting so much time for 1,000's of people. While the euphoria of finally getting tickets may restrain lots of fans complaining you should not be allowed to push this debacle under the carpet.

The Ticketzone system was dire, hours and hours to even get connected then crash upon crash. Hours and hours to get through to the phone line and then nearly and hour on line putting more money into the coffers of ticketzone before I could finally finish buyng tickets for this game. I have to say however that once I did get through the staff were very helpful but did admit that Reading FC had not supplied a lot of the older member numbers to ticketzone hence why some of my numbers didn't work online. I have heard that this was the same for many member card holders and season ticket holders. why couldn't you keep you webchat open for longer? Or did you fear the public backlash that would be published live on your website.

I am sure that the only reason the queues were so big at the mad stad was because 100's if not '000's of fans couldn't access the rubbish and flawed systems in place, I know of many who had to travel many miles just beacuse of this incompetency.

As you can tell I am not impressed and actually angry at the situation and the amout of time I have wasted this weekend. You are lucky you have loyal fans that will brave this tripe. Rather than sitting together my group will be sitting apart and this is all directly resultant to the whooly inadeqaute systems put in place and equally lacking communication.

I would very much like Reading FC and ticketzone to put their hands up and admit they got it wrong but somehow I doubt this will happen and you will just cross your fingers that Reading win and everyone forgets. I wouldn't mind but you only had to shift 39,000 tickets in 4 days (which hasn't happened) not 100's of thousands as happens for pop concerts etc.

Here's hoping I get a better response from someone rather than the standard late rubbish received below.

Kind regards

-----Original Message-----

>
Sent: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:37
Subject: RE: URGENT PLEASE HELP

Thank you for your email.

If you are experiencing problems with TicketZone, please contact their customer services department on 08444 99 99 55.

Kind Regards

Memberservices

Reading Football Club

Tel: 0844 249 1871

1424 posts