Trophy presentation

EPR

Re: Trophy presentation

by EPR » 23 Apr 2012 13:35

Maguire Reckon i'll attend the parade in town then not bother going to the Mad. Not worth it just for one lift of a trophy.

Could be good this year, will make up for Saturday afternoon's auntie climax plus you can have a beer in the bowl.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Apr 2012 15:30

Always a special treat to drink in your seat, makes you feel like a rugby fan, except not quite so fat

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Apr 2012 15:40

What's the best place to egg the bus from?

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 23 Apr 2012 15:46

This has really dragged my weeked out. Been planning on staying up in Birmingham to go drinking with a mate of mine after the game, now I have to leave early Sunday to get back to go catch the end of the trophy listing stuff. Any idea what time that will be?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Apr 2012 16:00

Just got an email - ST holders to sit in their own seats - ST will work on the turnstiles - everybody else must have a paper ticket and make a £1 donation to Duchess of Kent hospice.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 23 Apr 2012 16:06

Yep, 6 paper tickets ordered today. £5 parking though and not going to charity unless I missed that somewhere. Bit naughty!

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 23 Apr 2012 16:19

Royal Lady Just got an email - ST holders to sit in their own seats - ST will work on the turnstiles - everybody else must have a paper ticket and make a £1 donation to Duchess of Kent hospice.

Oh bugger, serves me right for not bothering to read everything when I booked, I thought they were loaded onto your member cards as usual ?!

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 23 Apr 2012 16:20

Royal Bison
Royal Lady Just got an email - ST holders to sit in their own seats - ST will work on the turnstiles - everybody else must have a paper ticket and make a £1 donation to Duchess of Kent hospice.

Oh bugger, serves me right for not bothering to read everything when I booked, I thought they were loaded onto your member cards as usual ?!

They are.

It's only for any excess tickets that you order that the paper ones are sent out.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 23 Apr 2012 16:22

Surely it wont be reserved seating.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 23 Apr 2012 16:23

parky Surely it wont be reserved seating.

When I booked tickets for me and the boy on Saturday, there weren't many seats left to book, so looks like it is

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 23 Apr 2012 16:30

It is. STH's are in their usual seats, so everyone else sits in their allocated seat as well. I don't expect 20,000 there though. The club are hopeful of a near full house, but most (I imagine) will line the streets hoping to see the cup and will be disappointed when it's not there. A very disappointing way of doing it IMO. I'm going because I may never get to see the trophy lifted again (you never know), but I would much prefer to be in town as the buses pass by with the players lifting the cup than turning up at the stadium, being made to sit in a seat and wait patiently for the players to arrive and then on demand all cheer as the cup is lifted. It's all very manufactured and too unspontanious for me.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Apr 2012 17:11

I'm going to go and enjoy the under 16s :? ... game, that is going to be taking place before hand...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Apr 2012 17:24

ZacNaloen I'm going to go and enjoy the under 16s :? ... game, that is going to be taking place before hand...

Can you still drink at your seat if there's a match on?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Apr 2012 18:07

It's not a league game, so I hope so

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Apr 2012 18:24

No Fixed Abode What's the best place to egg the bus from?

From your sofa.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Apr 2012 18:25

Poor planning from the club.

Thousands of people will be lining the streets of Central Reading wanting to see the trophy. BOO!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Apr 2012 19:48

No Fixed Abode What's the best place to egg the bus from?

You'd have to have a good throw all the way from Fulham Broadway, or are you missing your first game of the season? Big local derby as well.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Apr 2012 21:07

Friday's Legacy

It is. STH's are in their usual seats, so everyone else sits in their allocated seat as well. I don't expect 20,000 there though. The club are hopeful of a near full house, but most (I imagine) will line the streets hoping to see the cup and will be disappointed when it's not there. A very disappointing way of doing it IMO. I'm going because I may never get to see the trophy lifted again (you never know), but I would much prefer to be in town as the buses pass by with the players lifting the cup than turning up at the stadium, being made to sit in a seat and wait patiently for the players to arrive and then on demand all cheer as the cup is lifted. It's all very manufactured and too unspontanious for me.

Do what we did last time. Line the street towards the start, follow the bus for a while, and then leg it to the stadium in time to see the players arrive on the pitch.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Apr 2012 21:12

LoyalRoyalFan Thousands of people will be lining the streets of Central Reading wanting to see the trophy. BOO!

I still find it very hard to believe the trophy won't be on the bus.

I would bet by "official presentation" they mean an actual ceremonial presentation, not that we don't actually have it in our possession before that point.

i.e. we have it on the bus for the town centre crowds

When the bus gets to the stadium the players go onto the pitch first, once the U16 game ends.

Then the trophy is brought out and they do the presentation.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Apr 2012 21:34

Well give the team a clap for me and spare a thought for us loyal fans that travel the country getting to home and away games and should get to see Jobi lift the trophy in Birmingham.