Fans' Forum

464 posts
URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: Fans' Forum

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Jul 2012 11:57

What a dreadful state of affairs.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 18 Jul 2012 12:56

The idea of Royal Lady (who is negative about anything and everything RFC do!) being the link between HNA and STAR just about sums up this whole farce. Not only does she want to tell the club what to do she also wants to do the same with STAR without even being a member. About time she got a life away from the AE set she idolises.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 13:08

I have no idea who you are - but I do know that you continually bitch and snipe at anything I say - I do not ALWAYS moan, I have misgivings about things at times - a lot of what I "moan" about is in jest actually - which you'd realise if you weren't so up yourself. I don't want to tell anyone what to do, I was offering my services as a go-between - I have not refused to pay the STAR membership - however, if you think you know it all. You do it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 18 Jul 2012 13:12

Yellowcoat The idea of Royal Lady (who is negative about anything and everything RFC do!) being the link between HNA and STAR just about sums up this whole farce. Not only does she want to tell the club what to do she also wants to do the same with STAR without even being a member. About time she got a life away from the AE set she idolises.

POTD

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 13:17

LOL

Whatevs.

Frees up more of my time then.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Jul 2012 13:25

I actually think RL would be ideal in the role.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 18 Jul 2012 13:29

Someone with a sense of balance rather than total negative views would be a better bet. Just because comments get posted on HNA does not always make them representative of all supporters of RFC.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Jul 2012 13:39

I'm sure RL would gauge the mood/desires of nobbers and take those to STAR meetings rather than merely put forward her own opinion on the issue of the day.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 13:41

Yellowcoat Someone with a sense of balance rather than total negative views would be a better bet. Just because comments get posted on HNA does not always make them representative of all supporters of RFC.

I have yet to see a comment made on here that has 100% backing from everyone else, there is always going to be differences of opinion. If you bothered to read my posts on this thread, you'd see that I've acknowledged that.

At least no-one can accuse me of moaning on here and not trying to do something about it.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Jul 2012 13:46

Royal Lady I have no idea who you are - but I do know that you continually bitch and snipe at anything I say - I do not ALWAYS moan, I have misgivings about things at times - a lot of what I "moan" about is in jest actually - which you'd realise if you weren't so up yourself. I don't want to tell anyone what to do, I was offering my services as a go-between - I have not refused to pay the STAR membership - however, if you think you know it all. You do it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2012 13:47

Ian Royal A few suggestions for STAR having been thoroughly pissed off and disillusioned by them having been a member for a while.

HNA? is one of four places it is easy to get access to Reading fans opinions. (Twitter, Facebook, Royals Redezvous) It probably has the largest number of regular contributers. And the largest collection of genuinely insightful and properly considered views from the fans. It is also full of utter crud and bickering. But hey, people suck.

STAR absolutely have to take HNA? seriously and convince the club to do the same. If you can't take issues from HNA? because the club and STAR feel there's an issue with anonymity and trolling / wumming. Don't sit there and take it. Do something about it.

OMG Ian and I having similar thoughts and ideas again! Which one of us has had our identity stolen? :wink:

To ignore all of the input and thoughts expressed on HNA really is exceptionally short-sighted. And if the RFC media/marcomms employees really can't distinguish genuinely held views, perceptions, trends etc. from the rubbish, trolls and WUMs, then they really shouldn't be employed in those roles in the first place.

Perceptions may not be correct but that doesn't stop them being held and merely ignoring/dismissing them without further consideration and/or discussion will do nothing to change things.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 13:51

URZZZZZZZZ
Royal Lady I have no idea who you are - but I do know that you continually bitch and snipe at anything I say - I do not ALWAYS moan, I have misgivings about things at times - a lot of what I "moan" about is in jest actually - which you'd realise if you weren't so up yourself. I don't want to tell anyone what to do, I was offering my services as a go-between - I have not refused to pay the STAR membership - however, if you think you know it all. You do it.

Gr8 input. I'm far from up myself.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Jul 2012 13:52

Royal Lady I thought I had already volunteered to be more involved? I'll put myself forward as the link between HNA and STAR - but I won't hold my breath to get a reply.

As for Reading FC Official on FB - say anything negative and it is removed - and that's not anonymous - your name is there for all to see. Perhaps RFC have a little book with "troublemakers" names in?

From setting up a page on FB yesterday, I've got about 90 people interested in an alternative group so far - and that's without it being advertised to a wider audience. But, as I said on there, that was to gauge opinion - I don't relish the task of setting up an alternative group - when there is a perfectly good group already established, which just needs tweaking, imo, to cater for ALL fans.

The crux of the matter is, a lot of people do not feel that STAR act for the supporter - they do not appear to go against the club at all - they seem to roll over as soon as the club say something and the "that's the way it is" mantra is trotted out. I hope someone from the club has seen this thread and someone with a bit of commonsense realises that the best way for everyone to work together for the good of the club and its supporters is to listen and communicate - whether they like what is being said to them or not.

The hooped shirt is a prime example. WE'RE the supporters. WE pay the money to keep this club going. If the club are told that a large number of fans want a return to hoops - WHY don't they consult a representative from the Supporter's Association with their ideas when coming up with designs for a new shirt? Sure, you're not going to please everyone - but at least if fans knew their input had been taken on board, it would sit much better with them than "we'll have the shirt WE want, we don't listen to anonymous comments on a fans' messageboard" or whatever.

In future, I would suggest that STAR make better use of their forum on this board - encourage people to put their grievances or whatever on the STAR board - someone collate them and the comments - weed out the WUMs and pass them to the STAR board who then put them to the club and insist that the queries or whatever are given due consideration. Then report the response fro the club. Again, some people will accept what the club says, others won't - it's the nature of the beast, but at least people will see that something has been done whether it is resolved or not - which is far better than what appears to happen at the moment. Communication is the key - as has been said time and again on here.

Sorry when did you volunteer? If it is buried in a thread like this then sorry but I may well have missed it. Anyway if the offer is serious please email me on info@star-reading.org so I can take the proposition to the Board's next meeting.

Not sure of the relevance of any black book for RFC FB, STAR has nothing to do with it, and I have no idea if they have one or not. Shall I ask?

I also find it interesting that you comment that STAR should represent supporters to the club and then use an example of what the club should do - just how do you think STAR can make the club do it? That particular subject has been a constant question - ask Dirk after all he came to most meetings with the club and he could not find a way to make them either.

I agree that communication is a problem and have said so. I also agree that we should encourage supporters to bring their grievances to STAR, that is why I have often asked for them - but if someone is not willing to give the time to write an email I am not sure the grievance is that bad.

And some will accept what the club says and some won't, tell me about it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 13:59

Well, how about we ask for problems/comments/complaints to be placed on the STAR forum of this board. Someone from here keeps a check on it and, depending on how many genuine queries etc there are, email you once a week with them? Then they are brought to the attention of the STAR board, who relay the concerns to the appropriate person(s) at the club. Any outcome/dialogue is then reported back on the STAR forum for all to see.

FTR I didn't say the "little black book" was anything to do with STAR - and I apologise if I did not make myself clear. I wouldn't, however, be at all surprised, if certain Nobber names are known to the club as "troublemakers" because they come up with points that the club don't like!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 14:04

I take your point on not being able to force the club to listen to supporters - but if the club point blank refuse then perhaps it should come to a point where STAR ensure that the club are aware that STAR act on behalf of the supporters and will not be cosying up to RFC when they want them to. So, you might not get to mingle with the staff of RFC - and RFC might refuse to allow McD or a player to a fan's forum - but they'll be cutting off their own nose to spite their face there - so I doubt they'd take that action. I'm all for club and supporters getting on - after all, we have RFC in common of course, but I don't think the club should underestimate "fan power". Having said that, I don't think there has, to date, ever been anything so controversial that the club and supporters might fall out and I doubt there will be in the future - but with a new regime at the club, perhaps now is the time to lay all our cards on the table, from both sides?

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 18 Jul 2012 14:07

I deffo think RL should be president of star. She gets my vote fo sheezy

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Jul 2012 14:09

Royal Lady Well, how about we ask for problems/comments/complaints to be placed on the STAR forum of this board. Someone from here keeps a check on it and, depending on how many genuine queries etc there are, email you once a week with them? Then they are brought to the attention of the STAR board, who relay the concerns to the appropriate person(s) at the club. Any outcome/dialogue is then reported back on the STAR forum for all to see.

FTR I didn't say the "little black book" was anything to do with STAR - and I apologise if I did not make myself clear. I wouldn't, however, be at all surprised, if certain Nobber names are known to the club as "troublemakers" because they come up with points that the club don't like!

I have checked my email and nothing yet - so to quote you should I hold my breath or was the offer serious?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Jul 2012 14:31

starliaison
Royal Lady Well, how about we ask for problems/comments/complaints to be placed on the STAR forum of this board. Someone from here keeps a check on it and, depending on how many genuine queries etc there are, email you once a week with them? Then they are brought to the attention of the STAR board, who relay the concerns to the appropriate person(s) at the club. Any outcome/dialogue is then reported back on the STAR forum for all to see.

I have checked my email and nothing yet - so to quote you should I hold my breath or was the offer serious?

Having said that if you are willing to monitor the board to email problems weekly that would be very helpful.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jul 2012 14:32

Yes - that was what I was proposing in the first instance.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Jul 2012 14:35

I think we should have a poll to see who thinks RL should be the Go Between, after all democracy rules.

464 posts