TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

1288 posts
USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Anton

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Dec 2012 19:16

ZacNaloen He guaranteed the money upon the take over being completed (would have been a loan in the end if the take over didn't happen), he ended up not needing to provide it.

The fact that the take over didn't complete until after we were promoted tells you exactly why it took so long.

Once due diligance was done within the club in april (after a delay of 3 weeks?, not abnormal) the FL looked at the take over. Presumably giving it's okay, and the club was all ready to announce it (hence Fridays Legacy getting us all excited one weekend in late april)

Then we got promoted or looked on the verge of getting promoted and the PL was all like "we want to look at this too", those checks in particular being more stringent than they'd ever been before but also and nobody really appeared in much of a rush. Anton did initially say his father wasn't involved, but that is simply because his dad is actually quite a private man. No one really knows anything about him, except that he owns the Ener group in the states and Ilim Pulp and appears to be a billionaire. It was later admitted that the Zingarevich family wealth is the main backer but there are other investors, (andrew obolensky for one, who is on the board) their reason for getting involved in football is to increase the family's presence in Europe to make future business dealings here easier. This can all be found with 5 minutes of googling.

90% of the time, when you actually look into the facts or think about it for a few seconds there's a reasonable explanation for pretty much everything.

that is EXACTLY how i understood it at the time. we passed the championship fit and proper test, then we got promoted and needed to go through a more strict test from the premier league.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 28 Dec 2012 19:17

I'll still be there next August come what may.

I suspect Anton will be too.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Dec 2012 19:34

I was just thinking the other day "we haven't had a thread having a pop at Anton or TSI - its what the Team Board really needs"; so can I just give this highly original and insightful thread a big thumbs up. Ta.

And make a suggestion that the originator of this thread may want to consider playing hopscotch in the middle lane of the M4 at some point in the very near future.......

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 28 Dec 2012 20:32

This thread has got "The Wearing" written all over it.

Esteban

by Esteban » 29 Dec 2012 11:28

Ideal You lot make me sick.
First it was all, "we're on the gravy train now", then someone moved the goalposts, and now you're starting to extend deadlines on AZ's behalf.
You're even overinflating the transfer fees, where the oxf*rd do you guys get off doubling the sums to some imaginary figure?

The fact is we signed nobody of any importance, we got lumbered with a lazy russian striker on high wages which the manager didn't even want, so booo-hooo-hoo, stick that up your arses you bunch of oxf*rd!

DEEP POCKETS? EMTPY POCKETS!!! WITH HOLES IN THEM!!

You are so miserable, you'd make onions cry.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2012 11:37

Ideal You lot make me sick.
First it was all, "we're on the gravy train now", then someone moved the goalposts, and now you're starting to extend deadlines on AZ's behalf.
You're even overinflating the transfer fees, where the oxf*rd do you guys get off doubling the sums to some imaginary figure?

The fact is we signed nobody of any importance, we got lumbered with a lazy russian striker on high wages which the manager didn't even want, so booo-hooo-hoo, stick that up your arses you bunch of oxf*rd!

DEEP POCKETS? EMTPY POCKETS!!! WITH HOLES IN THEM!!

Bore off.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 29 Dec 2012 11:52

Yawn.

Everything TSI have promised us thus far has been delivered upon.

They said we would not be significantly changing the business model Madejski had built. Just ensuring we would not have to sell players for purely financial reasons, to allow the manager to build a team. No cash was to be splashed on instant success.
This has been the case thus far.

They said they would invest in the infrastructure of the club to build for long term success. To this end it does appear that investment in the youth structure is taking place, which is entirely necessary for our long term success in my opinion.
So, again, promise delivered at this stage.

They had an ambition to be competing in the upper half of the premier league in 5 (or 10? I forget) years time.
Well, lets see where we are in that timescale and whether we have progressed as a club in that period.

In the meantime hard to see a reason for too much concern, though I guess there will always be tinfoil hat wearers....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

by Hoop Blah » 29 Dec 2012 12:05

Wage bill £1-2m PM? You mean per month? I'd say you could almost double that as it will almost certainly be at least £35m, which was roughly what we were paying last time.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 29 Dec 2012 12:15

The Beardy Man Yawn.

Everything TSI have promised us thus far has been delivered upon.

They said we would not be significantly changing the business model Madejski had built. Just ensuring we would not have to sell players for purely financial reasons, to allow the manager to build a team. No cash was to be splashed on instant success.
This has been the case thus far.

They said they would invest in the infrastructure of the club to build for long term success. To this end it does appear that investment in the youth structure is taking place, which is entirely necessary for our long term success in my opinion.
So, again, promise delivered at this stage.

They had an ambition to be competing in the upper half of the premier league in 5 (or 10? I forget) years time.
Well, lets see where we are in that timescale and whether we have progressed as a club in that period.

In the meantime hard to see a reason for too much concern, though I guess there will always be tinfoil hat wearers....

+1

I don't see what he has done wrong and I can see what he is doing right. Us going up was probably too quick for him.

Lets use this Premier league season to build for a solid 4-5-1 championship winning capable team with a few signings in January who are happy enough to go down in the season and still try and aim for survival this season.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Dec 2012 12:16

The Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup The royal, your comments are a bit early.

I'll be the first to say Anton out when I smell a rat. Right now I'm a bit annoyed but he needs time. He's not going to bring us successes overnight. Oh in fact, he did by signing Roberts and look where that got us?? In the prem before we were ready.

I'll be more than hacked off if we don't sign well-ish in January but lets see what happens.

aq bit early maybe, the point im making is he is not living up to what he said, or then changes the time frame on things, stadium being perfect example, from survival to in the next 5 years

If you arriving here 31st August 2012 means relegation will see you disappear some time in May 2013, it might be a price worth paying.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2012 12:32

Anton - "Money has never been an issue. We (cough, the manager) chose to stick with the players that got us up."

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2012 12:33

Anton via BBC Football Focus - "Money has never been an issue. We (the manager) chose to stick with the players that got us up."

The Royal

by The Royal » 29 Dec 2012 12:55

Woodcote Royal
The Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup The royal, your comments are a bit early.

I'll be the first to say Anton out when I smell a rat. Right now I'm a bit annoyed but he needs time. He's not going to bring us successes overnight. Oh in fact, he did by signing Roberts and look where that got us?? In the prem before we were ready.

I'll be more than hacked off if we don't sign well-ish in January but lets see what happens.

aq bit early maybe, the point im making is he is not living up to what he said, or then changes the time frame on things, stadium being perfect example, from survival to in the next 5 years

If you arriving here 31st August 2012 means relegation will see you disappear some time in May 2013, it might be a price worth paying.

So because I only starting on here on aug that means nothing, Sparta joined in sep lol

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Dec 2012 12:57

Very positive interview with Anton on Football focus i thought

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2012 15:05

Ideal

Yeah he's shit you absolute cretin. Anyone who has a go at the only player in our squad who's won anything half decent is a tool.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Dec 2012 14:28

Royalee
Ideal

Yeah he's shit you absolute cretin. Anyone who has a go at the only player in our squad who's won anything half decent is a tool.

^there's irony for you.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Jan 2013 13:14

I was surprised to learn yesterday that Reading are currently the Premier League's biggest spenders on both travel and hotel expenditure. Even for the London games we foot the bill for a nights stay in a hotel. Arsenal for example travelled on the morning of the game here at the Madejski Stadium. It does seem very wasteful, and there are one or two people at the club who aren't very happy about it.

It only feels like yesterday when Marcus Hahnemann caused a stir when he spoke out about the club refusing to fly to Sunderland and instead the team had to sit on a coach for several hours.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 01 Jan 2013 16:18

Friday's Legacy I was surprised to learn yesterday that Reading are currently the Premier League's biggest spenders on both travel and hotel expenditure. Even for the London games we foot the bill for a nights stay in a hotel. Arsenal for example travelled on the morning of the game here at the Madejski Stadium. It does seem very wasteful, and there are one or two people at the club who aren't very happy about it.

It only feels like yesterday when Marcus Hahnemann caused a stir when he spoke out about the club refusing to fly to Sunderland and instead the team had to sit on a coach for several hours.

Didn't the team fly up to an away game recently? Can't understand what is wrong with them getting the train to some games even if they are going the day before. Hardly going to make that much of a difference surely, and will be much cheaper for the club then chartering a whole plane every time!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 01 Jan 2013 21:17

Readingfanman
Friday's Legacy I was surprised to learn yesterday that Reading are currently the Premier League's biggest spenders on both travel and hotel expenditure. Even for the London games we foot the bill for a nights stay in a hotel. Arsenal for example travelled on the morning of the game here at the Madejski Stadium. It does seem very wasteful, and there are one or two people at the club who aren't very happy about it.

Didn't the team fly up to an away game recently? Can't understand what is wrong with them getting the train to some games even if they are going the day before. Hardly going to make that much of a difference surely, and will be much cheaper for the club then chartering a whole plane every time!

This is really not very important. It won't cost more than £400,000 a year if that, and if that makes a crucial difference come the end of the season (even if it's only a point or two) then its completely worth it.

marcusopp

Financial security

by marcusopp » 04 Jan 2013 11:15

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r_2million

Good to see our long term future is a lot more solid than most of the clubs in the country...

1288 posts