Fulham away

204 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Fulham away

by CountryRoyal » 12 Oct 2015 09:50

Nameless Not sure of your point here !
In what way is my availability for random games related to whether taking 2500 to Fulham is worth some kind of FIFA award ?

Well that's just it, they aren't random. They are rather unglamorous matches against teams a hell of a long way away. Listen, I detest the concept of and have no intention of getting into that "I'm a better fan than you" bollocks, I just feel that you're in no position to really criticise Reading's away following - if you don't even go.

I don't even know why you find it necessary to make a point out of it anyway? Rightly or wrongly we don't often sell out our allocation so I'm not begrudging anyone for being excited at taking 2.5k +, which (local/"glamour" game or not) is at least two fold our average away following.

And fwiw comparing us to Leeds is just silly.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2015 10:15

I've seen Reading play at over 80 grounds, many of the watching us being crap in the 3rd and 4th divisions. If you think Hull is unglamorous try Mansfield, Chesterfield or Bury. I don't think you are in a position to criticise anyone when you know absolutely nothing about them !
If you thought about it my original point was that it was a bit daft for posters on here to get all excited about an away following that would be unremarkable at the Madejski. That's not a criticism of the people who are going, just pointing out that not for the first time people can get a little bit carried away bigging up anything RFC related.
It should be a good day out, Fulham games usually are. If we take 4,000 then that will be great but if we take the same as anyone else would then let's not get too full of ourselves.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Oct 2015 10:26

Nameless, please can you stop putting spaces between the word and the exclamation mark? It's really upsetting me !

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Oct 2015 10:26

Nameless I've seen Reading play at over 80 grounds, many of the watching us being crap in the 3rd and 4th divisions. If you think Hull is unglamorous try Mansfield, Chesterfield or Bury. I don't think you are in a position to criticise anyone when you know absolutely nothing about them !
If you thought about it my original point was that it was a bit daft for posters on here to get all excited about an away following that would be unremarkable at the Madejski. That's not a criticism of the people who are going, just pointing out that not for the first time people can get a little bit carried away bigging up anything RFC related.
It should be a good day out, Fulham games usually are. If we take 4,000 then that will be great but if we take the same as anyone else would then let's not get too full of ourselves.

Thanks for spoiling my away day... I hope you're happy with yourself

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2015 10:38

Blimey Bobby, you must struggle to get any enjoyment in life if a couple of mild posts on a message board is enough to drop you into depression !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2015 10:39

Pepe the Horseman Nameless, please can you stop putting spaces between the word and the exclamation mark? It's really upsetting me !

I look on it as being the equivalent of a standup comic pausing slightly before delivering the punchline.

Obviously they tend to be dealing in well thought out and funny quips......

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 12 Oct 2015 10:49

Nameless I've seen Reading play at over 80 grounds, many of the watching us being crap in the 3rd and 4th divisions. If you think Hull is unglamorous try Mansfield, Chesterfield or Bury. I don't think you are in a position to criticise anyone when you know absolutely nothing about them !

I think that goes some way to explaining why we have a small fan base compared to teams like Leeds who were massive at that time.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Oct 2015 11:06

But that's just it, we're NOT everyone else. I've already reiterated once or twice that we have, now and before, a relatively small away following. Equally though I'm not sure anyone is getting full of themselves. It's or two people being excited at the prospect of taking 3/4K away. No one, of sane mind at least, would then turn around and say "yes m8, sold out Fullham, we got the best support".

I agree with you that it's not, in my opinion, worth getting that worked up over - but it's hardly cause to disparage those that want to.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2015 11:23

CountryRoyal
I agree with you that it's not, in my opinion, worth getting that worked up over - but it's hardly cause to disparage those that want to.

Yay ! Welcome to a HNA that consists of people making bland one line statements followed by a series of 'I agree' responses :roll:
A message board lives by the fact that one person says something and then someone else disagrees / questions / takes the piss.

Having a new regime of 'oooo, you can't say that' seems daft.....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Oct 2015 11:33

Nameless
CountryRoyal

Yay ! Welcome to a HNA that consists of people making bland one line statements followed by a series of 'I agree' responses :roll:
A message board lives by the fact that one person says something and then someone else disagrees / questions / takes the piss.

Having a new regime of 'oooo, you can't say that' seems daft.....

Not as daft as getting worked up because we're not Leeds. :roll:

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Oct 2015 11:46

CountryRoyal
Nameless Not sure of your point here !
In what way is my availability for random games related to whether taking 2500 to Fulham is worth some kind of FIFA award ?

Well that's just it, they aren't random. They are rather unglamorous matches against teams a hell of a long way away. Listen, I detest the concept of and have no intention of getting into that "I'm a better fan than you" bollocks, I just feel that you're in no position to really criticise Reading's away following - if you don't even go.

I don't even know why you find it necessary to make a point out of it anyway? Rightly or wrongly we don't often sell out our allocation so I'm not begrudging anyone for being excited at taking 2.5k +, which (local/"glamour" game or not) is at least two fold our average away following.

And fwiw comparing us to Leeds is just silly.

One of the way that tribalism in football manifests itself, feeling proud about large away attendances.

Agree with you Country, it's pretty pathetic.

boycey

by boycey » 12 Oct 2015 12:20

Nameless 2500 ?
That's a pretty poor turnout. Are we impressed if a team fills one side of the South Stand ?
For probably the best away game of the season, easy to get to and us flying I think that's a disappointing number. 2 weeks still to go though so perhaps we'll get 4000, anything less would be sad.

What are you on about you goon?
we were given 2.5k and we've sold out 2 weeks before the match.
If we're given more we'll sell them.
There will be hundreds, if not thousands in the neutral end.

No need to be sad petal.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Oct 2015 12:45

Bradford Arms aside, what's the best away fans pub?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Oct 2015 13:00

Nameless I am bowled over by the immense levels of support and can only join my fellow Club Policies contributors in bowing down to acknowledge the efforts being made by thousands to make the long and difficult journey (involving at least one change of train) to watch our glorious team play in the far distant reaches of West London. I hear some people are having their breakfast slightly early in order to get there on time. May you be blessed with a goal or two to reward you.

:|

Christ, get a grip. The bed-wetting one-upmanship prissiness of Reading fans in glorious technicolour on this thread.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Oct 2015 13:15

How did a few comments about a decent number of away fans, combined with comments about how it's going to be a really decent trip turn into this?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Oct 2015 13:34

Bloody hell bob, you're not even new here!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2015 13:37

bobby1413 How did a few comments about a decent number of away fans, combined with comments about how it's going to be a really decent trip turn into this?

Countryboy decided to get all shirty and take things out of context !! Again....

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Oct 2015 14:07

Silver Fox Bloody hell bob, you're not even new here!

Haha, I know and I felt I knew the answer before even asking.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 12 Oct 2015 15:06

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Oct 2015 15:25

Pah. Leeds would've got 40,000.

204 posts