Pitch dug up today!

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 26 May 2006 22:36

RoyalBlue Mind you, it's still got to rain once they've relaid the pitch unless they've already got an awful lot of water from the roof stored somewhere.

I smell another RFC money-making opportunity here:

"This weekend sees the first opportunity to secure your name on our brand new blue Premiership water butts. With only 200 butts available, this is a strictly limited offer to celebrate our first-ever promotion to the top flight of English football.

200 Loyal Royals will have their name permanently etched on a butt alongside our title-winning players and management in our new water butt reservoir area near gate five of the north stand.

The first opportunity to place orders takes place this weekend at our trophy weekend in the Megastore. Simply fill in a butt form and bring it with you.

Each of the 200 orders will also receive a personally signed plastic watering can from captain Graeme Murty. See below for an example of the can.

In addition, you will be invited to the ceremonial unveiling of the butts, to be joined by our players and staff for some general butt-hugging and mystic chanting. You can also purchase additional replica water butts to keep at home, plant flowers in, or give as a present.

This is a truly amazing opportunity that should not be missed, and we guarantee you will feel so smug knowing that your hard-earned cash is beating the drought and keeping the Royals' pitch in tip-top condition next season.

Please note that all 'Premiership water butt' applications will be strictly processed on a first come, first served basis. The Premiership Water butt is priced at a wincing £100, with replicas available at a subsequent £50."

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 26 May 2006 22:45

:lol: You know it.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 26 May 2006 23:38

Harps stay sharp Not sure about the under soil heating breaking down, where did that come from?

I also heard from a club insider that the under soil heating had broken down and that there was a lifetime guarantee,

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 27 May 2006 02:38

AbovetheI Isnt somebodies ashes buried under the pitch? Talk about being disrespectful RFC.

:cry: :cry:

Yes my mothers ashes were put in the ground behind the home goal on the 3rd march this year, but they were put about 2ft down so hopefully they wont be disturbed. :cry:

N.BristolRoyal

Pitch

by N.BristolRoyal » 27 May 2006 03:05

Bobby Convey's allergy again, keep off the (Weed) grass.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 27 May 2006 20:11

Had a quick peek today after having photo done with the trophy. The pitch is still there. There was a tractor parked in one corner but nothing has been done yet.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pitch dug up today!

by STAR Liaison » 28 May 2006 10:27

Jay According to Martin Tyler last night.

A new pitch for the biggest season in the clubs history!

I thought the pitch looked good last night. Maybe it needs that splastic stuff re-seeding? :?

I hate to undermine any conspiracy theories but they have reseeded the pitch every year so it is not news just the norm.

Barbazza

by Barbazza » 01 Jun 2006 11:05

i_kingsley
AbovetheI Isnt somebodies ashes buried under the pitch? Talk about being disrespectful RFC.

Yes my mothers ashes were put in the ground behind the home goal on the 3rd march this year, but they were put about 2ft down so hopefully they wont be disturbed. :cry:

They will not be disturbed.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 01 Jun 2006 11:43

Barbazza
i_kingsley

Should be fine, although your family arent involved in any Guinea Pig farms are they ?

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 02 Jun 2006 10:43

Well still no mention on the OS about the undersoil heating breaking down. :roll: Just seems to be re-seeding which they do each year.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Jun 2006 01:17

Anyone seen the pitch lately ... have we got one?
The Emirates Stadium is also having a natural grass pitch with artificial fibres like us :)

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 26 Jun 2006 01:42

Royal Bison
Barbazza
i_kingsley

Should be fine, although your family arent involved in any Guinea Pig farms are they ?

I dont know if you were trying to be funny there royal bison but what i said was no joke and my mothers ahes are in the ground behind the goal.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Jun 2006 08:49

i_kingsley
Royal Bison
Barbazza
i_kingsley

I dont know if you were trying to be funny there royal bison but what i said was no joke and my mothers ahes are in the ground behind the goal.

I_kingsley, I'm sure your mothers ashes will be fine, wouldn't have thought they will be digging downwards, more like just taking a little layer off and re-surfacing.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get her ashes there?

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 26 Jun 2006 23:51

M4 Junction 11 Anyone seen the pitch lately ... have we got one?
The Emirates Stadium is also having a natural grass pitch with artificial fibres like us :)

I saw it from the air yesterday and it's looking very green already.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 27 Jun 2006 08:22

playoffs or layoffs

No photo :roll:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Jun 2006 08:40

playoffs or layoffs

Wait till those rugby players get on it!

:roll:

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 27 Jun 2006 21:24

M4 Junction 11
playoffs or layoffs

No photo :roll:

OK, it was a bit like this, but without the stripes and logo:

Sorry, I could only concentrate on one thing at a time, otherwise there could have been trouble - I can see the headlines now... :oops:

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 28 Jun 2006 10:30

Went up there last night. Looks very green and ready for football. Finishing touches were being made whilst the RHCP stage and pitch cover was organised outside the ground.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Jun 2006 11:28

Scrappy Went up there last night. Looks very green and ready for football. Finishing touches were being made whilst the RHCP stage and pitch cover was organised outside the ground.

During the peppers concert, aren't all the people going to stand on the grass?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 28 Jun 2006 11:33

bobby1413
Scrappy Went up there last night. Looks very green and ready for football. Finishing touches were being made whilst the RHCP stage and pitch cover was organised outside the ground.

During the peppers concert, aren't all the people going to stand on the grass?

Same as any concert at a football stadium, the club lay down a protective flooring so the pitch is unharmed and seating can be put in place.