New Home Shirt Revealed- edit - new stuff from page 7

367 posts
Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 21 Aug 2006 14:35

West Stand Flash Typical Reading FC

Sent my postal order in. Emailed the club & said I could pick the shirt up this morning so I was guarenteed to have it before the game today. Email reply from Mark Ilsley stating a shirt had been reserved for me with name number & premiership badges.

So waht happens this morning? The shirt arrives in the post. :roll:

So had the post not come before I went out this morning (which it usually doesnt), I'd have gone to the ground & spent another £51.

Bloody clueless.

I'd have printed the email off and taken it to the shop, they would have given you another shirt, straight onto ebay, and job's a goodun!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Aug 2006 09:51

Reading Abbey It's here, I've got it, and boy does it look goooooooood on me!

The stitching is ever so slightly poor at the back of the neck, but you'd have to be a fussy bugger to whine about it, on this shirt at least.

'av' it! :P

You wait until you see the consequences of the 'ever so slightly poor' stitching snapping! Think you might suddenly become a fussy bugger your self unless you want to make a fashion statement by wearing a shirt that is literally falling apart at the seams!

Oh and the cheap stuck on Kyocera lettering is likely to start peeling off after a few wears as well - second wearing in the case of my son.

'Fit for purpose' this shirt is not!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Sep 2006 12:13

I know someone who bought a shirt and had it printed. They taken a shirt off display but the bloke behind the counter said "we've got them already bagged up, I'll go get one" - so he took the shirt and printed it there and then for them. When they got home they realised that the blue dye was running into the white stripes in a number of places. They didn't feel they could take it back, as it had already been printed. :roll: Apparently they snag very easily too, although the away shirt has been fine.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Sep 2006 13:14

Royal Bison
West Stand Flash Typical Reading FC

Sent my postal order in. Emailed the club & said I could pick the shirt up this morning so I was guarenteed to have it before the game today. Email reply from Mark Ilsley stating a shirt had been reserved for me with name number & premiership badges.

So waht happens this morning? The shirt arrives in the post. :roll:

So had the post not come before I went out this morning (which it usually doesnt), I'd have gone to the ground & spent another £51.

Bloody clueless.

I'd have printed the email off and taken it to the shop, they would have given you another shirt, straight onto ebay, and job's a goodun!
Readign Shirt for sale, would suit person named "West Stand Flash
"

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Sep 2006 12:59

Royal Lady I know someone who bought a shirt and had it printed. They taken a shirt off display but the bloke behind the counter said "we've got them already bagged up, I'll go get one" - so he took the shirt and printed it there and then for them. When they got home they realised that the blue dye was running into the white stripes in a number of places. They didn't feel they could take it back, as it had already been printed. :roll: Apparently they snag very easily too, although the away shirt has been fine.

Tell them not to be daft and get it back to the Megastore for replacement/refund straight away (including printing). Legally there is no way that the Megastore can refuse to do this and, to be fair, I don't think they would anyway. I'm sure they'll sort it (they've had plenty of practice!).

Good news is that when we got a replacement for my son's (the lettering was peeling off after just being worn twice) the neck on the replacement shirt appears to be bigger and stitched differently. Maybe they've managed to get Puma to fix the problems experienced with the first batch.

Tilehurst Born and Bred

by Tilehurst Born and Bred » 06 Sep 2006 12:27

Royal Lady I know someone who bought a shirt and had it printed. They taken a shirt off display but the bloke behind the counter said "we've got them already bagged up, I'll go get one" - so he took the shirt and printed it there and then for them. When they got home they realised that the blue dye was running into the white stripes in a number of places. They didn't feel they could take it back, as it had already been printed. :roll: Apparently they snag very easily too, although the away shirt has been fine.

Yup they certainly do snag easily my son wore his to football training and it has 4 or 5 snags.....do you think they would take it back...the quality is pretty pants........

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Sep 2006 15:19

Tilehurst Born and Bred

Yup they certainly do snag easily my son wore his to football training and it has 4 or 5 snags.....do you think they would take it back...the quality is pretty pants........

Don't be silly! Wearing a football shirt to play football in? Whatever next!? :wink:

These shirts are clearly fashion items, which have to be treated with great care.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 22 Sep 2006 17:53

Kyocera on front peeling off :evil:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Sep 2006 20:05

willz_royal Kyocera on front peeling off :evil:
That's not a bad thing, It means you can write the new sponsors name on when it changes and save yourself buying a new shirt.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 22 Sep 2006 20:52

Took mine back a couple of weeks ago. First the stitching was pretty poor around the neck but couldn't be arsed to take it back however after 1 wash it went all bobbly on the front, like snags and the kyocera started to peel off - when i took it back the girl said a few had been returned for the same reason!! Not going to buy one now, better off with a normal polo shirt they last a lot longer than the kit and it's not so obvious if 2 years down the line you're still wearing it![/u]

Miss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Miss » 25 Sep 2006 18:46

Was that me RL?
Bloomin shirts. The away ones are much better quality. And, the sizes are weird. No way am I a medium!! 12 yr old son an adult's small?!!!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Sep 2006 18:47

Yes. It was you. I know you. :wink:

Miss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Miss » 25 Sep 2006 18:50

Mine has also got some bobbles on it! :shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Sep 2006 18:51

What's the shirt like? :wink:

Miss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Miss » 25 Sep 2006 18:53

Royal Lady What's the shirt like? :wink:

Lol!!!!!

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 25 Sep 2006 19:27

Mine also has blue going onto the white stripes.

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 03 Oct 2006 16:21

Tilehurst Born and Bred Yup they certainly do snag easily my son wore his to football training and it has 4 or 5 snags.....do you think they would take it back...the quality is pretty pants........

Very poor quality material, I have snags all over mine too... not impressed!! :evil:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2006 19:41

Maybe we should all let PUMA know what we think of their crap quality and that we will be lobbying for the return of Mizuno!

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 04 Oct 2006 04:41

What can you expect from goods made in sweatshops by children paid in cigarettes? Bring back Bukta!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 04 Oct 2006 07:49

don't mind paying the money but don't the club have any quality control :evil:

367 posts