Anyone no how new season ticket sales are going?

174 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Jul 2007 15:31

We won't be able to survive long term at this level without those seats...................

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jul 2007 15:46

Royal Lady 200 left and 15,000 more up for grabs after the extension - I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes then.

As I said earlier, not straight away no. Anyway there won't be another 15,000 initially anyway, just another 6,000.

Will we sell 30,000 every game, probably not - but we'll certainly see crowds over 25k for most games.

Will we sell many more STs, probably not but that can easily be a good thing making it much easier for those who can't afford the expense of one a chance to get into games when they can.

The only risk is relegation but we got relegated whilst we were building th place and overall it's done us no harm.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jul 2007 15:58

I hope they add the extra seats, then significantly reduce ticket prices in the hope that they will increase their income through the additional merchandising etc that comes from a full, enlarged stadium.

That way, those struggling to be able to afford to continue supporting their team will find things a bit easier, whilst the more affluent can continue contributing through pies, pints, replica kit etc.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 20 Jul 2007 16:25

RoyalBlue I hope they add the extra seats, then significantly reduce ticket prices in the hope that they will increase their income through the additional merchandising etc that comes from a full, enlarged stadium.

That way, those struggling to be able to afford to continue supporting their team will find things a bit easier, whilst the more affluent can continue contributing through pies, pints, replica kit etc.

I agree wholeheartedly with that.

Sadly, I doubt the club will....

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Jul 2007 17:39

Winchester Royal
RoyalBlue I hope they add the extra seats, then significantly reduce ticket prices in the hope that they will increase their income through the additional merchandising etc that comes from a full, enlarged stadium.

What makes you say that ?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 20 Jul 2007 17:46

Behindu
Winchester Royal

I just don't think they'll reduce ticket prices.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Jul 2007 17:51

Winchester Royal
Behindu
Winchester Royal

Nigel Howe strongly suggested that prices would be addressed as part of the expansion....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jul 2007 17:58

Behindu
Winchester Royal
Behindu
Winchester Royal

Nigel Howe strongly suggested that prices would be addressed as part of the expansion....

I doubt they will for the "premium" matches, but for the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham, etc they'll now be able to do promotions like "Kids for a Quid" etc to fill the extra capacity and get more local people supporting the club.

And whilst ST prices may not come down, I'd be very, very surprised if they went up, and so the expanion may mean that we don't see price rises that we would have had without the expansion.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2007 18:41

Still single season ticket seats scattered about as at yesterday, Available to anyone as points requirements lifted.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Jul 2007 21:51

Still says 5 points required on both the website and the recorded ticket information on the sales centre telephone line as of the time of this post.

They also say that 2 seats together are "extremely unlikely"

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 20 Jul 2007 22:16

Woodcote Royal Still says 5 points required on both the website and the recorded ticket information on the sales centre telephone line as of the time of this post.

you mean to say that a couple or two mates would find it hard to get a pair together, so may not bother to try even tho they might like to go to games together??

FWIW we could probably sold out the extended ground for at least 6 games in the league last season, and if we stay where we are that would be the same for many years to come, it might only take a couple of seasons to pay for the extension, everyone needs to add that we only give the away fans 2k ish, many would bring 4k if offered.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Jul 2007 22:30

I doubt that no seats together, or ones that get wet in the rain would put off a lot of young commited fans but there's no way that Mr & Mrs Middle England would even consider buying in these circumstances...............................which is yet another reason why stadium expansion is now a no brainer.

coyrls

by coyrls » 21 Jul 2007 00:53

Woodcote Royal .......

If they don't know who does?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Jul 2007 15:54

coyrls
Woodcote Royal .......

A friend of mine got seats for him and his son, there were not two together so they said they'd move someone along one seat.

I guess that's what they mean by unlikely.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 21 Jul 2007 17:34

Winchester Royal

Agree totally with both views. We'll see the stadium increase, and the ticket prices along with them. Nice blue seats to put our feet up on though.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Jul 2007 18:55

i suspect you will see both happen

nigel howe has said we can offer a more flexible ticketing policy

so i believe we will be moving to a system where the "entry point" will be lower than it is today (adult tickets say £350 - £400) with a number of other options up to around the £750 mark

i suspect there will not be 18000 tickets at the lowest price so not everyone will be able to take advantage of the lower prices

coyrls

by coyrls » 21 Jul 2007 19:13

Forbury Lion
coyrls
Woodcote Royal .......

A friend of mine got seats for him and his son, there were not two together so they said they'd move someone along one seat.

Good answer.... I hadn't thought of that.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Jul 2007 01:06

Forbury Lion
coyrls
Woodcote Royal .......

Let's put it this way.

The North, East and West stands contain roughly a total of 19K seats of which less than 200 are still available..........................so, how much scope do you think remains for 2 people to acquire adjacent season tickets for next season?

Has anyone else had their season ticket seat moved by the sales centre to accommodate those who wish to sit together, or is this just another little gem that is as reliable as the points requirement being "waived" despite all the information to the contrary?

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 23 Jul 2007 07:52

Woodcote Royal Still says 5 points required on both the website and the recorded ticket information on the sales centre telephone line as of the time of this post.

That is indeed right. Although the official website quotes 19th July as the final date for 5 points and above, you still need a member card (which comes with 5 free points) to get a ST. Consider it a ten pound fine for anybody who managed to rack up zero points so far in their Reading career!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 23 Jul 2007 08:21

The 17 Bus
FWIW we could probably sold out the extended ground for at least 6 games in the league last season, and if we stay where we are that would be the same for many years to come, it might only take a couple of seasons to pay for the extension,

Interesting point. Any information on the cost per seat of the expansion?

174 posts