Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jun 2012 14:46

KDRF
Pepe the Horseman
KDRF That aint next seasons away kit. HTH

What is next season's away kit?
Lets just say no ones come close, Kes obvs dont have a clue cause ive asked him to guess it about 5 times and he hasn't.

Why don't you just tell us?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jun 2012 14:54

LOL @ being ITK about a football kit.

HAS IT GOT HOOPS OR NOT PLEASE? AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY THING THAT DETERMINES WHETHER I BUY ONE EARLY DOORS.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Jun 2012 15:31

lol at basing whether you buy the shirt on whether it has hoops. We've won the second tier twice without having hoops riddle me that.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Jun 2012 15:33

Blue & White Soup
thoughts?

Very close, Great effort. The only criticism would be that Waitrose will not be all uppercase. *

* Review is provided you are under the age of 9

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Jun 2012 15:50

URZZZZZZZZ lol at basing whether you buy the shirt on whether it has hoops. We've won the second tier twice without having hoops riddle me that.

Jeez m8 - Whooosh there for you. :roll:

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 18 Jun 2012 17:08

Cobi
Blue & White Soup
thoughts?

Worst mock up ever. You're even worse than Kes!

Mike Hunt Very close, Great effort. The only criticism would be that Waitrose will not be all uppercase. *

* Review is provided you are under the age of 9

Jeeeze some people get so personal! haha i didnt make it i found it on the internet.. But thanks for the touching comments

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 18 Jun 2012 17:12

Blue & White Soup
thoughts?

You could've at least put a fictitious Twitter link as a contingency plan to save face when you get ridiculed...

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Jun 2012 17:13

Royal Lady
URZZZZZZZZ lol at basing whether you buy the shirt on whether it has hoops. We've won the second tier twice without having hoops riddle me that.

Jeez m8 - Whooosh there for you. :roll:

Cool

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2012 17:26

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady If STAR know what the kit is going to look like, (and why do they for the record?) - why can't they tell us a bit about it? Like, it has hoops all round and a collar, or whatever? Do STAR act for the fans or what?

STAR aren't there to disclose confidential information because fans are impatient.

There's plenty enough in what STAR have actually said to give fans a solid idea.

"Happier" about hoops all the way round and back panels, most likely means we won't just have hoops all the way round, otherwise it'd be just plain "Happy", but we won't have the plain backs of recent years because obviously there needs to be some move towards hoops all the way round for fans to be happier.

To me that says small back panel of some sort.

"confidential information"?? It's a bloody football kit. If they can tell us we'll be happier about hoops all the way round and back panels - then they might as well come out and say it's hoops. Do the club think fans aren't going to buy it if we find out about it before they want us to. And my point remains, why do STAR get to find out before the rest of us? Do they run the design past STAR first or something? And if they do, how do STAR know what the majority of fans want - or do they have a questionnaire or something on their website - genuine question btw.

Yes and the design is confidential until the club release it.

STAR do poll their members and fans in general. They are the supporters group, as such they're a recognised major stakeholder (BSB!!!), it's the perfect place to get supporter feedback from.

Anyone who doesn't like what STAR does or thinks it isn't representative, is I'm sure welcome to try and set up a rival group, get at least several hundred members to get a modicum of credibility and approach the club as well.

Or they could continue to sit and snipe lazily from the sidelines.

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 18 Jun 2012 17:29

dogzbollox
Blue & White Soup
thoughts?

You could've at least put a fictitious Twitter link as a contingency plan to save face when you get ridiculed...

noted + it was footballshirtculture.com not twitter

Royal Rumbler

by Royal Rumbler » 18 Jun 2012 21:01

Is it just me or are the club slacking with announcing this. A lot of the prem teams are releasing shirts already & surely would bring some money into the coffers!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Jun 2012 21:43

Royal Rumbler Is it just me or are the club slacking with announcing this. A lot of the prem teams are releasing shirts already & surely would bring some money into the coffers!

Said this on a previous page. Earlier the kit is released, earlier Reading FC make sales and have money in their bank making interest.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2012 21:48

Royal Rumbler Is it just me or are the club slacking with announcing this. A lot of the prem teams are releasing shirts already & surely would bring some money into the coffers!

Club will probably follow it's usual model...

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Jun 2012 23:08

No Fixed Abode

Said this on a previous page. Earlier the kit is released, earlier Reading FC make sales and have money in their bank making interest.

Earlier the kit is released, the more money Reading FC lose on sales of 2011/12 kit.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 18 Jun 2012 23:24

The club will put a silly 'teaser' on the website in July and announce a release date probably a week before our friendly with palarse. Deal with it.

Anyway enough of the home shirt mock ups.... Stripes, hoops, lets face it, it's not going to be a lot different from last years :twisted:

What about the away kIt? Can anyone mock up or edit this with the Forbury lion, preferably in a black/red combination :D

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/12/ ... shirt.html

Ta

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 18 Jun 2012 23:41

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 19 Jun 2012 00:28

The problem with kits is getting the production slot in the factory.
Most of the replica kit is made in one go, and sadly we are way down the list - especially if we change manufacturer or have to modify the design/change sponsor and miss the production slot.
Our kit sells small numbers (copared to others) so it won't be early in the production schedule, and they won't "show and tell" too early as they need to sell those plastic lovelies soon afterwards.
I'd have thought that a change of manufacturer would have been announced by now (certainly would have been well done and dusted), so Puma it is.

I heard that it will be available mid-July, so expect the teasers early July.
Puma will not do a unique design for RFC, so it will be based on another Puma design.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Jun 2012 08:51

TheLawnMowerMan The problem with kits is getting the production slot in the factory.
Most of the replica kit is made in one go, and sadly we are way down the list - especially if we change manufacturer or have to modify the design/change sponsor and miss the production slot.
Our kit sells small numbers (copared to others) so it won't be early in the production schedule, and they won't "show and tell" too early as they need to sell those plastic lovelies soon afterwards.
I'd have thought that a change of manufacturer would have been announced by now (certainly would have been well done and dusted), so Puma it is.

I heard that it will be available mid-July, so expect the teasers early July.
Puma will not do a unique design for RFC, so it will be based on another Puma design.

But we are Premier League so therefore all other work stops to accommodate us. :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Jun 2012 09:09

I'm not sniping btw - I'm genuinely asking, do STAR really get asked what the fans want and do STAR then poll their members in some way? Because if they did get asked, I'm pretty sure hoops all the way round would be the most popular response during the last few years - yet we haven't had any.

And I'm merely querying, why STAR are shown the kit - is it so STAR can say "our fans won't like that" or whatever - because surely, once a design is decided, that's the design and whether or not STAR or anyone else like it, matters not a jot. In which case, why do they show STAR? That's all I'm asking. But if I'm not allowed to question it - I'm glad I'm not a member tbh.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Jun 2012 09:16

I don't recall STAR saying they had seen the kit.

Just that they told the club the fans would prefer hoops and in response were told that those that expressed that preference would be 'happier'.

6018 posts