New policy in Y26

297 posts
Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

Re: New policy in Y26

by Reading Til I Die » 21 Nov 2008 16:39

M U R T Y After reading that RFC have sold 23,000 for tomorrows game - i'd just thought i'd check to see what was left to be sold online - oh look - Y26 NOW AVAILABLE!! :!: :!:

So RFC refuse to sell those seats with high numbers of royalty points, but will see when the tickets are on general sale - this club is a shambles...

I hope this gets raised when the discussion between the stewards, security and fans takes place tomorrow!!!

Sounds to me as if these eejits are concerned about fans behaviour/safety.....until they realise it's going to cost them ticket sales!!

Tossers!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 21 Nov 2008 16:54

Fully intend to raise tomorrow - complete with screen prints!

What is bizarre, is that they are now happy to allow someone who has never attended a game before, buy a ticket in Y26, rather than a member card holder with a certain level of points.

But yes, security a priority, until RFC realise they may lose a few quid...

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 21 Nov 2008 17:03

Not happy about this. Even though i've got a season ticket in y25, its always nice to look over and see a full stand close to the away fans. Now wouldn't expect it to sell out much.
Should of been available from the beginning... :evil:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Nov 2008 17:52

Very poor by RFC, then again things should have happened a few years ago, and they did not, they missed achance again thios summer when renewals were low, they really need to learn how to keep the paying fans happy, it ain't rocket science.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 21 Nov 2008 18:14

M U R T Y Fully intend to raise tomorrow - complete with screen prints!

What is bizarre, is that they are now happy to allow someone who has never attended a game before, buy a ticket in Y26, rather than a member card holder with a certain level of points.

But yes, security a priority, until RFC realise they may lose a few quid...

That really is taking the piss.RFC oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Nov 2008 22:56

Well Y26 was sold out, felt a bit overwhelmed by the mass of yellow jackets in the entrance to Y26 wanting to see member cards to check you have a seat there.

There was no rioting today - so the new policy obviously works.

I think the next thing they'll do is move the away fans back to the other side of the south stand. You heard it here first (I think).

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Nov 2008 22:59

And to add insult to injury..

Last game, only season ticket holders in Y26 - surrounded by empty seats

Today, not only do they let any Tom Dick or Harry into Y26 but they sell them season ticket holders seats! :shock:

A guy I have never seen before had a ticket for the seat next to me, where the season ticket holder was sitting. I think that's my seat, he said. No it's not it's mine - I am a season ticket holder, was the reply.
Luckily there was a spare seat, but looking around this was not an isolated incident. What the f*ck is going on?

Reading Til I Die

by Reading Til I Die » 23 Nov 2008 15:23

Is there an update due shortly following yesterday's meeting where the Y26 seating issue was on the agenda?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Nov 2008 13:21

So, in a nutshell, the club have said

"safety is a priority, unless there's money to be made"

Can someone from STAR and/or the club clarify this for me please?

Gutted I was away whilst the stewards meeting was arranged - what was the outcome?

Someone I know has had meetings with the safety officer in the past and found him to be very narrow minded on his views on such instances.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 24 Nov 2008 13:32

bcubed And to add insult to injury..

Last game, only season ticket holders in Y26 - surrounded by empty seats

Today, not only do they let any Tom Dick or Harry into Y26 but they sell them season ticket holders seats! :shock:

A guy I have never seen before had a ticket for the seat next to me, where the season ticket holder was sitting. I think that's my seat, he said. No it's not it's mine - I am a season ticket holder, was the reply.
Luckily there was a spare seat, but looking around this was not an isolated incident. What the f*ck is going on?

Dont know wtf was going on with y26. I have been sitting under the scoreboard on and off this season. Only decided to golate on Saturday, went on line, got my tickets at about 11am.

Got to the ground, cards let me in, when I went to sit dow, had to get my card scanned again. Mini OBINE's tcket was fine, mine came up NOT PURCHASED!!!!!!!!!! It was only because my phone had internet access, and I logged on and showed my purchase history that I was able to join my 6 yr old!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Nov 2008 21:04

Big Foot So, in a nutshell, the club have said

"safety is a priority, unless there's money to be made"

Can someone from STAR and/or the club clarify this for me please?

Gutted I was away whilst the stewards meeting was arranged - what was the outcome?

Someone I know has had meetings with the safety officer in the past and found him to be very narrow minded on his views on such instances.
31.5 hours on - silence is golden

Thames

by Thames » 26 Nov 2008 14:05

Jobsworths.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 26 Nov 2008 19:01

Seems to me that RFC are talking about and creating a problem that simply isn't there. Quite frankly, the vast majority of people who sit in Y's 24,25 and 26 are STH's, they buy their ST there because they enjoy watching football there. They enjoy the view, they enjoy the atmosphere in that particular part of the stadium, they enjoy the "interaction" with the away contingent, and they are in no way offended by anything that goes on or is said unless it is truly outrageous. These are STH's, and they are all fundamentally likeminded. If they didn't like what they heard or saw, they would move. I have not ever heard anything particularly outrageous, rarely see anything thrown, and I think that swearing and shouting is pretty much accepted by STH's in that area of the ground. I sit at the top of Y25.

It appears to me that the occasional matchday ticket buyer who purchases a ticket in this part of the stadium doesn't like what they see or hear because it is a) particularly extreme in relation to other parts of the stadium, or b) they haven't been to many matches before and have sat in the least family friendly part of the stadium. This person then has a choice - move or complain. Generally, there have been plenty of other seats in the stand to sit, mainly at the North end of the ES, but no, this one idiot complains. Hello?! Football match?! Swearing and gesticulation kind of go with the territory in that part of a ground! What did they expect when sat right next to the away fans?! But the club then act on it totally oblivious and ignorant to the thoughts and feelings of anyone else in that area at the time, going by the say so of ONE person with no conclusive evidence whatsoever, and if that person is pointed out they are kicked out despite there being only ONE person's complaint. The vast majority of regulars I would put money on not being particularly bothered about what was said or done, unless it was particularly out of the ordinary for that section, and all other similar sections elsewhere in the country, of a football ground.

Once again RFC reject the thoughts and opinions of the regular fan who just wants to watch the game, create an atmosphere, and have some banter with away fans unhindered whether that involves a bit of bad language and gesticulation or not - let's face it, that has been a part of football for, what, 5 decades and is ingrained into the average fan who sits in that area of any ground. That is in direct conflict of the once in a while buy on the day football watcher (the small minority) who's bought the ticket in the wrong area of the stadium. It seems that the club doesn't want to have the type of fan that habitually sits in that area of a stadium, instead it wants a soulless bowl of unoriginal face-painted, flag waving, rattle swinging, happy clappers dictated to by a bloody drum shouting blarmy. I, for one, will not comply with that stereotype.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 26 Nov 2008 23:36

Good post Handbag. I have a real problem with this too. According to what's coming out of the club this is all down to the safety officer. He has made the decision. What an absolute disgrace, should the club not be insisting that before they simply shut down a part of the stand he should actually try and get his lot in order and maybe concerntrate on sorting out the problem, if indeed there is one, rather than sticking two fingers up to the rest of us? It amazes me that with all the stewards that constantly hassle the fans for standing and the CCTV trained on that part of the stand between them they cannot identify the source of any racist comments or spot where and if things are being thrown from. Its simple. Encourage people to report racist or violent behaviour, put flyers on seats that tell everyone to report it if they hear it and that alone will make people think twice before committing the crime. I think if there has been a scenario as described by Handbags post where one or two solitary complaints have been made then it is even more a pathetic solution. What makes it even worse is the club selling the same seats they took away from sale and contradicting themselves rather than lose revenue! Either there's a problem or there isn't, it can't be that bad if they are prepared to sell the seats when the money's there to be made. Or is that OK then? Total farce RFC, get a fcuking grip.

Reading Til I Die

by Reading Til I Die » 27 Nov 2008 08:34

So....are we actually going to get an update from STAR regarding the meeting? Or have they been told not to say anything or post anything.

We were asked to post and message our thoughts/comments and the meeting took place last Saturday.

I appreciate that people have other things to do and this might not be a priority but what's the point in giving feedback to STAR when we don't even get an update??????? :evil:

66DD

by 66DD » 27 Nov 2008 09:52

handbags_harris Seems to me that RFC are talking about and creating a problem that simply isn't there. Quite frankly, the vast majority of people who sit in Y's 24,25 and 26 are STH's, they buy their ST there because they enjoy watching football there.

Why are you bringing Y24 and Y25 into this? Only Y26 has been affected up until now. The club are not thinking about not selling tickets for Y24 or Y25 or moving season ticket holders from these blocks.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Nov 2008 13:54

66DD
handbags_harris Seems to me that RFC are talking about and creating a problem that simply isn't there. Quite frankly, the vast majority of people who sit in Y's 24,25 and 26 are STH's, they buy their ST there because they enjoy watching football there.

Why are you bringing Y24 and Y25 into this? Only Y26 has been affected up until now. The club are not thinking about not selling tickets for Y24 or Y25 or moving season ticket holders from these blocks.

Maybe because the same things happen and the same things are said in Y25 (don't know about Y24) and it's only because there are more non season tickets seats available for “visitors” that Y26 gets the criticism

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Nov 2008 15:13

Also, if complaints _have_ been made about comments overheard by fans in Y26, they might just as easily have originated in Y25 as Y26.

Reading Til I Die

by Reading Til I Die » 27 Nov 2008 15:51

I'm not really fussed at to which stand says what or who will be affected in the future.

I just want to know the outcome of the meeting and to find the reasoning behind the policy change and if they're going to review Y26 again.

Does ANYONE know, as STAR are obviously not interested in keeping the fans informed. Was anyone at the meeting? Were STAR at the meeting? Do STAR actually give a sh*t about it? :roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Nov 2008 16:30

Reading Til I Die So....are we actually going to get an update from STAR regarding the meeting? Or have they been told not to say anything or post anything.

We were asked to post and message our thoughts/comments and the meeting took place last Saturday.

I appreciate that people have other things to do and this might not be a priority but what's the point in giving feedback to STAR when we don't even get an update??????? :evil:

I thought the meeting was held so that people who were passionately interested in the issue could talk directly to the club and hear for themselves the club's reasoning and arguments. If you're so passionately interested in this, how come you didn't go to the meeting? Then you would have heard things first hand.

297 posts