Final tickets

1424 posts
gh7901

Re: Final tickets

by gh7901 » 25 May 2011 14:00

Only bought one ticket after a few hours of the website crashing on Saturday. Parents let me know that 2 recorded deliveries had arrived...strange I thought.
Check my account today and 2 tickets have been been debited! (different price points, as I was trying everything)
Only 1 email was received so never thought anything of it, every other attempt timed out at the point of payment.

Am I likely to get a refund for the extra ticket in this case or am I better off trying to sell it?

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 25 May 2011 14:30

Wycombe Royal My thoughts exactly - I can't image where "restricted view" seats are - unless they're right up against some of the TV camera positions.
Or behind the handrails, etc where you come out from the concourses.....

Been one time (early-on) where the handrails were in lie of view, but paid full price. they did lead to a 'restrcited view' though, so they have woken up since.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 25 May 2011 14:32

Hoop Blah The only disappointing thing (apart from TicketZones appaling website) is that the club didn't allow any chioce of block within ticket bands. That seems a bit of a cop out to me, but perfectly understandable considering the volumes of sales involved.

I was away on Thursday and went to the stadium on Friday at 8.55 to find 6 people in front of me for the £64 tickets - with no pressure I was able to pick the block I wanted, it slowed it a little but they had piles of tickets on the table behind the windows with one guy passing the tickets to those at the windows. Maybe we should all learn that now the system is so much better that there is not the need to rush if you have an ST and if all the ST sales had been spread out it may have been possible to give all a choice

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 25 May 2011 14:36

They had to allow ample time for posting though, the timelines were pretty justifiably tight IMHO.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 May 2011 15:40

floyd__streete
No Fixed Abode Mine arrived this morning.

WHAT! But you are a Chelsea fan!!!!!!1!!!!!! I am so wound up by this. Next you'll be saying that RFC is most people's second team and I will get so angry when you say that.

Nope - I'll be supporting Swansea with all their Chelsea links. Rodgers, Sinclair, Borini and Roger Freestone etc..

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 25 May 2011 15:58

No Fixed Abode
floyd__streete
No Fixed Abode Mine arrived this morning.

WHAT! But you are a Chelsea fan!!!!!!1!!!!!! I am so wound up by this. Next you'll be saying that RFC is most people's second team and I will get so angry when you say that.

Nope - I'll be supporting Swansea with all their Chelsea links. Rodgers, Sinclair, Borini and Roger Freestone etc..

.... ignorant, self-important thugs masquarading as fans, shooting people, syphilis....

finbarr

by finbarr » 25 May 2011 16:42

gh7901 Only bought one ticket after a few hours of the website crashing on Saturday. Parents let me know that 2 recorded deliveries had arrived...strange I thought.
Check my account today and 2 tickets have been been debited! (different price points, as I was trying everything)
Only 1 email was received so never thought anything of it, every other attempt timed out at the point of payment.

Am I likely to get a refund for the extra ticket in this case or am I better off trying to sell it?

call TZ customer services - they will ask you to send the ticket you don't require back by recorded delivery and they will refund your account in time for Christmas.

The Doctor

by The Doctor » 25 May 2011 17:31

finbarr
gh7901 Only bought one ticket after a few hours of the website crashing on Saturday. Parents let me know that 2 recorded deliveries had arrived...strange I thought.

call TZ customer services - they will ask you to send the ticket you don't require back by recorded delivery and they will refund your account in time for Christmas.

Finbar Mulholland, formerly of St Pauls Primary 1986? Bit of a shot in the dark but not many out there with that name.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 May 2011 17:57

Tickets were not delivered today as I was not in... now just have to pick the up tomorrow. Huzzah!

The Doctor

by The Doctor » 25 May 2011 18:55

Well I'd like to offer my love for RFC for only charging me £154 for x3 tickets at £64 each.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 May 2011 19:17

LOL @ a chelsea fan photographing a Reading ticket just to show off .

congrats m8 we are all so proud and jealous.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 25 May 2011 20:26

Anyone know if there are any extra's still going? I have a friend who isn't a member who wants to go...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 May 2011 21:36

SouthDownsRoyal LOL @ a chelsea fan photographing a Reading ticket just to show off .

Must be wound up... :lol:

That's a YES.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 May 2011 21:50

No Fixed Abode
SouthDownsRoyal LOL @ a chelsea fan photographing a Reading ticket just to show off .

Must be wound up... :lol:

That's a YES.

wound up? its the internet :roll:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 25 May 2011 22:02

Svlad Cjelli
Hoop Blah .....
The only disappointing thing (apart from TicketZones appaling website) is that the club didn't allow any chioce of block within ticket bands. That seems a bit of a cop out to me, but perfectly understandable considering the volumes of sales involved.

'Greed - but I can understand why they did it. Sales would have taken for ever if the staff at the windows had to go off and find the required tickets - and that's if no-one at another window had sold them. The alternative was one window per block, which is obviously unrealistic. Much easier to just give the next tickets off the pile at each window.

This wouldn't have been a problem if there had been a viable alternative for people who wanted to select the block - but that alternative was Ticketzone.....

All in all, though, the sales at the club have been pretty much superb - the responses so far to the survey being done for thetilehurstend.co.uk bear that out.

Not true though, I was able to choose block and row on the first day.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 May 2011 22:51

Avon Royal Not true though, I was able to choose block and row on the first day.

In person at the ticket office?

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 25 May 2011 23:18

Hurrah for lazy postmen who ignore "signed for" stickers. Now I don't have to go to the depot tomorrow :D

i'll_be_there

by i'll_be_there » 26 May 2011 00:15

I heard both teams now got 40,000 tickets?

i'll_be_there

by i'll_be_there » 26 May 2011 00:56

Ah, sorry I only read to the bottom of the first page.. :oops:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 May 2011 03:38

Red They had to allow ample time for posting though, the timelines were pretty justifiably tight IMHO.

Why the feck do they need six days to post the sodding things? Ordered Thursday, only being posted Wednesday! Just asking for problems. If they can't provide the service they shouldn't be given the contract! :twisted:

1424 posts