BBC Berks Live commentary is no more....Oh yes it is!

161 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jul 2006 21:53

earley_royals
fozzy KILL THE 107FM CAR STICKERS!!

YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!! RIP IT OUT NOW!

Calm down.
actually just went outside and sliced the 107 bit from the wifes carsticker............ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CocoPops

by CocoPops » 21 Jul 2006 21:57

I did that before fitting it.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 22 Jul 2006 08:22

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/2002/2 ... commentary

The Evening Post BBC Radio Berkshire has lost the rights to broadcast Royals matches as the club prepares to play its first season in the Premiership.

Rival station Reading 107fm, owned by Royals’ chairman John Madejski, has won exclusive rights to the coverage after a £65,000 bid by the Beeb was turned down by Reading FC.

The move means listeners outside Reading 107’s range will not be able to follow Royals games on air unless they are on national station BBC Radio Five Live.

A BBC spokesman said: “The club asked for a huge increase in their rights fee, over three times what we paid last season.

“We’ve offered a substantial increase, in line with similar clubs in the league, but are not prepared to meet the club’s financial demands.”

Reading 107 managing director Jeff Lee said: “This is great news for Reading 107. Our coverage of the biggest season in Reading Football Club’s history will be second to none.”

See Monday’s Evening Post for the full story and reaction

You can comment on the story here http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/commen ... id=2002747

or email Hilary Scott here hscott@reading-epost.co.uk

let's make sure they know how we feel.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jul 2006 08:42

Reading 107 managing director Jeff Lee said: “This is great news for Reading 107. Our coverage of the biggest season in Reading Football Club’s history will be second to none.”

Hardly a tall order in a one horse race, Tosser. BBC Berks coverage will still piss all over it, even without live commentrary. Great news for Reading 107, shit news for everyone else.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 22 Jul 2006 09:00

earley_royals
Rob-Royal
earley_royals Doesn't bother me as I'll be at virtually all of the games if there are any I do not go to I shall watch Soccer Saturday.

It's so heart warming to know that RFC has followers who care about more than just themselves and can add valuable contributions to these boards........ :roll:

Simply stating the facts. :roll:

You really are quite thick aren't you.....

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 22 Jul 2006 09:11

Rob-Royal
earley_royals
Rob-Royal
earley_royals Doesn't bother me as I'll be at virtually all of the games if there are any I do not go to I shall watch Soccer Saturday.

It's so heart warming to know that RFC has followers who care about more than just themselves and can add valuable contributions to these boards........ :roll:

Simply stating the facts. :roll:

You really are quite thick aren't you.....

Yeah, all the best mate. :roll:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 22 Jul 2006 09:44

Reading 107 managing director Jeff Lee This is great news for Reading 107. Our coverage of the biggest season in Reading Football Club’s history will be second to none.

Where were you when we were shit?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jul 2006 10:37

Jerry St Clair
Reading 107 managing director Jeff Lee This is great news for Reading 107. Our coverage of the biggest season in Reading Football Club’s history will be second to none.

Where were you when we were shit?

'Shame you're here cos you are shit!'

'Say we want Berks FM, say we want Berks FM!'

Ginger_Blitz

by Ginger_Blitz » 22 Jul 2006 11:38

Just realised that the loss of Radio berks Coverage upsets me more than potentially losing sidders!

Strange. :shock:

Stuart

by Stuart » 22 Jul 2006 21:09

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?BBCBERKS

331 signatures so far on the BBCRB petition. Can we get it up to 1000?

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 24 Jul 2006 22:38

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45389

Listeners who wish to continue to discuss this this programme should tune to the update in the STAR forum.

Now, Today in Parliament...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Aug 2006 07:12

Reading Football Club and BBC Radio Berkshire announced today, 1st August, a new broadcasting and promotional deal that will see commentary on the club's matches being broadcast next season on the BBC station.

The future of match coverage was the subject of speculation following the announcement that the two parties were initially unable to agree terms.

However, after more talks between the Club and the BBC both parties were able to agree a partnership that will see BBC Radio Berkshire continue its popular service of commentaries, news and other programming following the Royals' progress.

The station's popular commentary team of Joel Hufford and Tim Dellor will be joined by ex-Reading player Mick Gooding.

In addition, there will be a range of other support programming across radio, TV and http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire to follow Reading's historic first season in the Premiership.

Lizz Loxam, Managing Editor of BBC Radio Berkshire, says: "We're delighted. It's great news that we'll continue to broadcast all the Royals games next season. We wish the Royals every success in the Premiership and are looking forward very much to being there with them every step of the way."

Reading FC chairman John Madejski commented, "I am very pleased that we have finally been able to reach an agreement that will allow BBC Radio Berkshire to continue providing live commentary next season.

"They have been strong supporters of the Club for a number of years and we look forward to continuing our relationship."

Live commentary on every game will also appear on Reading 107.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Aug 2006 07:48

Get in!

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 01 Aug 2006 08:07

I heard John Madejski interviewed on BBC Radio Berks and he said the change of decision had nothing to do fan power and that the original announcement was just his way of negotiating. If this is true then I think that John Madejski has lost a lot of credibility.

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 01 Aug 2006 08:12

Warfield Royal I heard John Madejski interviewed on BBC Radio Berks and he said the change of decision had nothing to do fan power and that the original announcement was just his way of negotiating. If this is true then I think that John Madejski has lost a lot of credibility.

Right ho Mr Madejski!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Aug 2006 08:31

Warfield Royal I heard John Madejski interviewed on BBC Radio Berks and he said the change of decision had nothing to do fan power and that the original announcement was just his way of negotiating. If this is true then I think that John Madejski has lost a lot of credibility.

So was telling the fans to each send him a pound also just his way of negotiating?

You'd have thought that someone so rich and powerful might have the confidence to put their hands up and say 'in hindsight I think I might have got that one wrong'.

In my view, admitting to a mistake doesn't make you a lesser person.

Still whatever the reason, be it good negotiating or a change of heart brought about by fan power, at least we've got what we wanted.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Aug 2006 08:44

RoyalBlue

So was telling the fans to each send him a pound also just his way of negotiating?

You'd have thought that someone so rich and powerful might have the confidence to put their hands up and say 'in hindsight I think I might have got that one wrong'.

Still whatever the reason, be it good negotiating or a change of heart brought about by fan power, at least we've got what we wanted.

I would not think anything less of him if he did that, in fact I would like him more. If he (like you said) just said "sorry guys, think BBC berks would be good for the fans and ourselves... ", but making up some shitty management-like-speech about negotiating is just stupid.

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 01 Aug 2006 10:43

bobby1413
RoyalBlue

I would not think anything less of him if he did that, in fact I would like him more. If he (like you said) just said "sorry guys, think BBC berks would be good for the fans and ourselves... ", but making up some shitty management-like-speech about negotiating is just stupid.

What chance I can negotiate the price of my ST down ? :roll:

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 06 Aug 2006 09:10

I suspect the whole thing was a huge cock-up on the club's part. I remember one of those property developer programmes where a guy was bidding at auction and appeared to be competing with someone else in the hall, but when the price passed his limit it turned out that there was no other bidder, the auctioneer had just invented bids to drive the price up. Apparently it's unethical but not illegal, but to achieve the desired result it's vital that the non-existent bidder doesn't wind up winning.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 11 Aug 2006 16:53

Whats happening then?

161 posts