Evolving the atmosphere

370 posts
Stuffed Crust Pizza

Re: Evolving the atmosphere

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 20 Mar 2009 10:45

Tony Le Mesmer You are more than welcome in B15 if you want to come to the North Stand and offer decent/witty/absusive vocal support.

This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I'm tired off the moronic support given to the team. That ridiculous drummer doesn't help, but he has as much right to be there as anyone else. From my seat in Y19 the amount of people I see just clapping along to 'Blue Army' but affraid to be vocal is annoying, and as for the goal celebration music! No wonder we get called plastics by other fans who know how to support their clubs.

Please don't ciritcise us before we've had the chance to show what we're about!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Mar 2009 12:00

id just like to lend my support to such a good idea
i will be moving my seat for sheffield united to the upper west GU1

hoorah

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Mar 2009 12:01

I'm almost certainly IN for Gu1 too, with a +1 as well.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Mar 2009 12:02

at least for one game we wont be in danger of being told we are being too loud by the picnic and old man brigade in the north(bloody alan)

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 20 Mar 2009 16:00

Just a thought seeing as were trying to recreate the soutbank experience what are the thoughts of relocating to the south stand.
No problem with space.
Lots of room to expand
No problem with people telling you to be quiet
Can create a Kop like atmosphere behind the goal
Close enough to the away fans to have a little banter.

Also think i have been able to get my way out of work for the night still not sure but hopefully i should be attending now

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 20 Mar 2009 17:15

im afraid that the singing at RFC will not catch on anywhere apart from next to the away end. Thats how it was at Elm Park (RIP the southbank), and thats the way it will be now, fortunately or unfortunately. The atmosphere has been dull apart from big games since we moved in 1998, and i don't see how relocating to where season ticket holders don't want to sing the whole game is gonna make any difference.

Here we go again, bobbin up and down like this

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Mar 2009 17:24

ittle be a laugh though innit

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 20 Mar 2009 17:29

Focher im afraid that the singing at RFC will not catch on anywhere apart from next to the away end. Thats how it was at Elm Park (RIP the southbank), and thats the way it will be now, fortunately or unfortunately.

For a long while the singers were much more in the central section of the SB.

Of course it's possible for the noise to be generated in areas apart from next to the away fans. People manage to sing at our away games without having to rely on an audience.

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 20 Mar 2009 17:31

Focher im afraid that the singing at RFC will not catch on anywhere apart from next to the away end. Thats how it was at Elm Park (RIP the southbank), and thats the way it will be now, fortunately or unfortunately. The atmosphere has been dull apart from big games since we moved in 1998, and i don't see how relocating to where season ticket holders don't want to sing the whole game is gonna make any difference.

Here we go again, bobbin up and down like this

Hence relocating to the south stand. No grumpy season ticket holders that dont want to sing and close to the away fans like the old southbank. Create the new Southbank

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 20 Mar 2009 17:37

brendywendy id just like to lend my support to such a good idea
i will be moving my seat for sheffield united to the upper west GU1

hoorah

Yon know which seat to get yeah? its on the pm

chandog

by chandog » 20 Mar 2009 19:37

brendywendy i will be moving my seat for sheffield united to the upper west GU1

oh god

anyone want to join me in moving back to their original seats

:lol:

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 20 Mar 2009 22:07

So to clarify you are moving to the upper west, the quietest, most prawn sandwich eating part of the ground at the furthest remove from where all the loudest (for reading) fans sit in Y26?

Well i'm in obviously.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 20 Mar 2009 22:11

Once were Biscuitmen So to clarify you are moving to the upper west, the quietest, most prawn sandwich eating part of the ground at the furthest remove from where all the loudest (for reading) fans sit in Y26?

Well i'm in obviously.

You need to sharpen up on your geography a bit.GU1 is in the south west corner of the ground,practically part of the south as it wraps round into it.So to say we are furthest away from y26 is false.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 21 Mar 2009 14:46

We should do the boing boing all day lol

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 21 Mar 2009 15:01

Meeting under the concourse for a few pints of fosters piss water beforehand?

66DD

by 66DD » 22 Mar 2009 14:11

[quote="Stuffed Crust Pizza
I will be in contact with the ticket office over what seats are actually now season ticket and see if they can be reserved for the Biscuit Boys group.[/quote]

Now we get to the root of your plan then - it's got nothing to with creating a singing section. I, for one, will be interested in joining the campaign to stop you getting existing season ticket holders turfed out their seats so that you get a better view.

STAR should come out with a statement on whether it supports you and your proposal to eject existing season ticket holders from their seats or whether it supports existing season ticket holders in the North Stand who have no wish to move.

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 22 Mar 2009 19:30

66DD Now we get to the root of your plan then - it's got nothing to with creating a singing section. I, for one, will be interested in joining the campaign to stop you getting existing season ticket holders turfed out their seats so that you get a better view.

STAR should come out with a statement on whether it supports you and your proposal to eject existing season ticket holders from their seats or whether it supports existing season ticket holders in the North Stand who have no wish to move.

I of course meant that I would contact the ticket office over the summer and find out what seats are currently NOT taken by season ticket holders. Maybe an agreement can then be made where the Biscuit Boys can take any untaken seats during mover's week.

I have no interest in taking anyone's seat they already hold!

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 23 Mar 2009 19:58

25 plus people at the moment,looking good.

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 25 Mar 2009 13:06

Have just returned from the Reading 107fm studios where I was invited for an interview about the Biscuit Boys and our campaign. This was a brief interview outlining our plans for Good Friday and GU1 and how the ideas all came about. They will be going 'live' with the interview on friday evening in the new bulletin.

Hopefully this and the Evening Post's article last week will show the doubters that we are serious and dedicated to the cause. It may hopefully also convince people that are unsure to get invovled and move their seat to GU1.

All we want is a louder, encouraging and enjoyable atmosphere so come and join us!

boy1985

by boy1985 » 25 Mar 2009 13:42

Focher

Were these crazy lads on Soccer AM?

370 posts