76%
no
24%

Total votes: 206
Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 26 Nov 2006 17:13

It had be be a piss take though? Taking the piss out of ourselves? Although I'm sure not everyone would have seen it like that, but everyone was happy and that makes for a good atmosphere. :D

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Nov 2006 19:21

West Stand Man
Skin
Platypuss
West Stand Man And there, my lord, rests the case for the prosecution :D

It was quite blatantly a pisstake. :lol:

you would have thought that was obvious to all. :roll:

then again irony can just pass the most blinkered people by.

Hmmm, lets see now. 'We don't want Tom Hark played after goals, so lets sing it anyway without the club providing us the lead' Now that's seriously ironic - :lol:

I guess you had to be there. :|

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 01 Dec 2006 08:15

I'm looking forward to hearing Tom Hark 3 or 4 times tomorrow.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 04 Dec 2006 22:56

Anyone else notice that the Tom Hark shite was both shorter and much more subdued against Bolton.

Hopefully my letters and regular complaints to the PA announcers are getting through. At least they had the decency to reply to my letter anyway.

Tom Hark WILL be dead by the end of this Season !

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Dec 2006 10:29

After a blank on Saturday I am looking forward to hearing Tom Hark at least 3 times this weekend.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 19 Dec 2006 12:31

Latest on Tom Hark, is that the club have now acknowledged in a letter to me that Tom Hark may have run its course !!! Hurray!!!

'We undertand from letters and comments we have received from a number of supporters over the last few weeks that there is a growing frustration from fans over the use of post-goal music, which has resulted in unduly subduing some goal celebrations. We are actively looking at alternatives to the Tom Hark theme and/or removing it entirely from post goal celebrations in the near future'

The letter goes on to state:

'It has also been noted that spontaneous reactions from the crowd following a goal this season, have at times been interupted by the sheer volume of noise projected through the PA system of the Tom Hart theme. The volume of noise will be monitored over the next few home fixtures to ensure that the music does not unneccesarily impact on supporters celebrations'

'This is a situation we take seriously and whilst we would defend our decision to implement post goal celebration music for previous seasons, we do recognise that it may longer be appropriate for Premership crowds'

I really hope that RFC's words result in actions and we can at last be free to celebrate our goals in the true spirit of the game - spontaneously !!!

At least they replied to my letter !!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Dec 2006 12:50

Seems like lip service to me

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 19 Dec 2006 14:24

Nezhen Latest on Tom Hark, is that the club have now acknowledged in a letter to me that Tom Hark may have run its course !!! Hurray!!!

'We undertand from letters and comments we have received from a number of supporters over the last few weeks that there is a growing frustration from fans over the use of post-goal music, which has resulted in unduly subduing some goal celebrations. We are actively looking at alternatives to the Tom Hark theme and/or removing it entirely from post goal celebrations in the near future'

The letter goes on to state:

'It has also been noted that spontaneous reactions from the crowd following a goal this season, have at times been interupted by the sheer volume of noise projected through the PA system of the Tom Hart theme. The volume of noise will be monitored over the next few home fixtures to ensure that the music does not unneccesarily impact on supporters celebrations'

'This is a situation we take seriously and whilst we would defend our decision to implement post goal celebration music for previous seasons, we do recognise that it may longer be appropriate for Premership crowds'

I really hope that RFC's words result in actions and we can at last be free to celebrate our goals in the true spirit of the game - spontaneously !!!

At least they replied to my letter !!

superb.

wonder what the pro-tom hark MINORITY? will say about that? seems they better get writing to the club to save it. Good luck. :lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Dec 2006 14:28

Skin wonder what the pro-tom hark MINORITY? will say about that? seems they better get writing to the club to save it. Good luck. :lol:

I'm surprised you know how to work a computer if you can't even work out what a minority and a majority are.

And just in case you were wondering, I personally can't give a rats arse as to whether it is played or not.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Dec 2006 14:45

Skin
Wycombe Royal
Skin wonder what the pro-tom hark MINORITY? will say about that? seems they better get writing to the club to save it. Good luck. :lol:

I'm surprised you know how to work a computer if you can't even work out what a minority and a majority are.

And just in case you were wondering, I personally can't give a rats arse as to whether it is played or not.

quickest bite ever?

4 minutes? That is very slow compared to the standards set by Spacey when mentioning the words Arsenal or French.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 19 Dec 2006 14:50

Wycombe Royal

Not only did I unassumingly question whether it is the minority (that's what the '?' means Wycombe Royal) but I have to say that for someone who doesn't give a rats arse you certainly seem to have an issue somewhere. Nevermind, I'm enjoying your company.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Dec 2006 14:59

Skin
Wycombe Royal

Not only did I unassumingly question whether it is the minority (that's what the '?' means Wycombe Royal) but I have to say that for someone who doesn't give a rats arse you certainly seem to have an issue somewhere. Nevermind, I'm enjoying your company.

Just because I don't care whether it is played or not does not mean that I can't be involved in a discussion about it.

By the way, I see you are still struggling to spot my sarcasm. ( :wink: - that is for your benefit :wink: )

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 19 Dec 2006 15:19

Wycombe Royal
Skin
Wycombe Royal

Just because I don't care whether it is played or not does not mean that I can't be involved in a discussion about it.

By the way, I see you are still struggling to spot my sarcasm. ( :wink: - that is for your benefit :wink: )

:lol:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Jan 2007 20:44

Six Times!

MarveLOLLOLous!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 01 Jan 2007 21:12

I joined in towards the end. If you can't beat 'em...

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 01 Jan 2007 22:25

This really has to stop, it still suprises me that most of the ground like this and join in. Stop, you look like a bunch of mongs.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 Jan 2007 23:37

To be honest I think Tom Hark is a tired theme for goal scoring now.

I don't join.. just sort of clap along. But I did find it ruined my celebration of the goals today, in short... I don't like it very much.

Just let the fans do what they want, if some want to do Tom Hark, let them do it without the music. It's not needed at all.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2007 23:41

must admit, it got a bit boring today........................ :arrow:

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 01 Jan 2007 23:46

probably coz it was done 6 times :roll:

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 Jan 2007 23:49

Mrs Butler probably coz it was done 6 times :roll:

I think his comment was supposed to be a little ironic in that sense ;)

199 posts