by weybridgewanderer » 21 Feb 2007 15:01

currently ticket solutions have 8 tickets available

£175

http://www.ticketsolutions.co.uk/order.php?event_id=870

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 21 Feb 2007 17:43

As the TO has proved it can sell 3000 tickets in 24 hours all future away game tickets should all be sold on one day only. Anyone who is not prepared to queue overnight or stay on the phone for 8 hours has only themselves to blame.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2007 18:06

Riseley As the TO has proved it can sell 3000 tickets in 24 hours all future away game tickets should all be sold on one day only. Anyone who is not prepared to queue overnight or stay on the phone for 8 hours has only themselves to blame.
:lol: :lol: Riseley - the voice of reason!

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 21 Feb 2007 18:33

I'd go one step further - in the interests of fairness the club should abolish away ticket sales completely and not request seats for any away games. Would solve the argument of royalty point allocations/bandings, not having enough time to buy tickets, the 0845 number etc. We'll all be able to get along happily as fans in the knowledge nobody has a ticket ahead of anyone else.

working class hero

by working class hero » 21 Feb 2007 23:41

I accept the system is the way it is.... However, it means that only a small clique of fans will be able to watch a variety of games. And the gap will be ever widening. I wanted 2 tickets for Arsenal and have 559 points [x2]. Sold out. This is tough luck. It does annoy me that newcomers with an AST jumped ahead of me.

This season I will only attend a few games away - mainly because I have been crippled by the cost of home STs. Funny how easy it was to get tickets for Walsall or Boston...... Yet now the club is not really rewarding my loyalty. I have 6 home STs so I pay a great deal more to RFC than a single person who can then afford an AST.

It might be fairer if all those with multiple STs were allowed to aggregate points [but obviously buy less tickets]......

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Feb 2007 08:49

working class hero I accept the system is the way it is.... However, it means that only a small clique of fans will be able to watch a variety of games. And the gap will be ever widening. I wanted 2 tickets for Arsenal and have 559 points [x2]. Sold out. This is tough luck. It does annoy me that newcomers with an AST jumped ahead of me.

This season I will only attend a few games away - mainly because I have been crippled by the cost of home STs. Funny how easy it was to get tickets for Walsall or Boston...... Yet now the club is not really rewarding my loyalty. I have 6 home STs so I pay a great deal more to RFC than a single person who can then afford an AST.

It might be fairer if all those with multiple STs were allowed to aggregate points [but obviously buy less tickets]......

The issue there comes down to cost and that's fair enough. Whilst at the moment a small clique will have the most chance to get to the big games the rest us do still have more than enough chance to get to the majority of away games this year and move in to that clique.

For example, Boro is nowhere near sold out so many people with more points that you or I have clearly chosen not to go - by going to this game we'd claw back some points - I've made the decision not to go as you may have as well.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Feb 2007 10:28

working class hero This is tough luck. It does annoy me that newcomers with an AST jumped ahead of me.

Because they guaranteed to go to every away game this season? Whereas you pick and choose games? That's your fault

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Feb 2007 13:19

working class hero I accept the system is the way it is.... However, it means that only a small clique of fans will be able to watch a variety of games. And the gap will be ever widening. I wanted 2 tickets for Arsenal and have 559 points [x2]. Sold out. This is tough luck. It does annoy me that newcomers with an AST jumped ahead of me.

I suggested it last year, and the club seem to have taken up, the concept of Royalty point inflation. So next year what about 10 points for an away game and 10-30 for a home? That way to keep near the top band you need to keep supporting, whilst if you are a newcomer you can catch up in a couple of seasons if you are motivated enough.

boycey

by boycey » 22 Feb 2007 14:10

weybridgewanderer currently ticket solutions have 8 tickets available

£175

http://www.ticketsolutions.co.uk/order.php?event_id=870

that seems to be about the going rate... pricing me out of the market....
anyone know any other websites/agencies?

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 22 Feb 2007 17:20

Anyone who got their tickets on monday got their tickets yeand AST Holder??? im still waiting

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Feb 2007 18:23

Got my AST Arsenal ticket at the same time as my Boro one, last Saturday

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 22 Feb 2007 18:29

May have been mentioned already, so apologies in advance, but some football clubs do a 'lucky dip' type policy on you getting an away ticket for games. I'm sure this is still the case at Leeds United.
You stick your name in the hat and you might be lucky, you might not.
Would you prefer that? I wouldn't!

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 22 Feb 2007 19:11

Coppelled Streets May have been mentioned already, so apologies in advance, but some football clubs do a 'lucky dip' type policy on you getting an away ticket for games. I'm sure this is still the case at Leeds United.

Absolutely not. The ones that will be at the Emirates are the ones that have been home and away (probably), for years. Good luck to them and enjoy the game. As I said earlier, we all had the chance to buy an AST.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 22 Feb 2007 20:12

Coppelled Streets May have been mentioned already, so apologies in advance, but some football clubs do a 'lucky dip' type policy on you getting an away ticket for games. I'm sure this is still the case at Leeds United.

Pompey adopt that scheme and you should hear the moaning they do!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Feb 2007 22:58

Oh and by the way, you get to admire the handywork of Tottenham fans after they were in the away end for the Cup game. Apparently they tore the seat cushions and most other things apart

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 23 Feb 2007 10:18

Secured a home end ticket...better than nothing I guess!

Apparently where my seat is the stewards let you stand all game which will make a nice change...

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 23 Feb 2007 11:09

Failed to get ticket and was gutted :( Then get a random call from an agency I'm dealing with offering me one but I must reluctantly decline as it would be considered something of a bribe :(

boycey

by boycey » 23 Feb 2007 11:31

Seal Secured a home end ticket...better than nothing I guess!

Apparently where my seat is the stewards let you stand all game which will make a nice change...

where did you get it from mate?

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 23 Feb 2007 11:58

boycey

Just through a friend who's an Arsenal fan. Him and a big group of mates pool tickets for every game, and there's always some left over (except for the big games). I got one of the spares and a couple of my other Reading mates are doing the same thing. If we have any left over will let you know!

boycey

by boycey » 23 Feb 2007 12:05

Seal
boycey

Just through a friend who's an Arsenal fan. Him and a big group of mates pool tickets for every game, and there's always some left over (except for the big games). I got one of the spares and a couple of my other Reading mates are doing the same thing. If we have any left over will let you know!

nice one , cheers .

199 posts