Hospitality Area In The East Stand

207 posts
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 14:18

bigmike they need to keep the communication coming ??????

Thats the whole problem it WAS NOT communicated by the club the people in the possible affected area were handed some random sheet of paper telling them about it. If you believe that the club has carried out effective proactive customer services I hope you dont work for a customer sevices related company. Infact if any one that works with/for me had carried out the same lack of customer services they would have been marched to Hr and handed a Written warning. It is shocking but I guess as long as the minority of people with the money to buy season tickets in the new prawn sandwich seats are happy why should the club or STAR Care?

They held a whole series of communications - exhibitions, stuff on the website etc etc. To say there has been no communication about the extension is just wrong.

There is now a wild panic about some possible part of it, sparked by a person unknown who everyone is relying on despite their inability to add the correct phone number to their 'random piece of paper'.

If anyone in my business reacted in such a way based on lack of any specific facts then I'd be concerned, and indeed I'd be concerend about working for you if you think you could hand out a written warning for anything that has occured !

I think you (especially) need to calm down and either get yourself acquainted with some facts or wait for the facts to emerge. Stupid comments like referring to 'prawn sandwich brigade' do no one any favours. You have no idea who any possible area might be aimed at, or what it might cost, what it might look like or even if it will happen.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2007 14:19

It was always going to be this way - once you remodel/expand a stand then people are going to be put out as the whole feel of the stand changes.

A lot of people will probably want to move anyway.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 14:25

People will also hear rumours, which will get embellished, and then they will claim that the club should have told them directly - whether there is anything to tell or not !

The club read these threads and hopefully they will take not at how easily these concerns spread and try and ensure the comms path is kept open. There will be more 'panics' like this, but how the club spots which one will arise next and tells peple about it before the rumour mongers get in I'm not too sure.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 18 Apr 2007 14:32

This image shows it the best. No windows, no Jazz Cafe.

http://documents.reading.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00012774.pdf

Sorry can't get the link to work.

But it shows the Jazz cafe as a kitchen a two floors of hopitality leading to a seated area.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 14:42

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 18 Apr 2007 14:43

Cheers mate.

The one for the north stand also shows a hospitality area

http://documents.reading.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00012771.pdf

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 14:44

Interesting that the area under such heated debate actually has a person in a wheelchair shown in it on this plan.

Of course wheelchair users eat prawn sandwiches too !

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Apr 2007 15:04

Who cares, hospitality rakes in far more money than fans do on a seasonal basis, therefore more accomodation is being created for them. No-one is losing out, some will move seats a few rows lower or higher. Big deal.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 18 Apr 2007 15:06

I'm more worried about missing out on the warm over priced beer in the Jazz cafe. Have to stick to the over over priced beer in the hotel :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2007 15:11

Huntley & Palmer Who cares, hospitality rakes in far more money than fans do on a seasonal basis, therefore more accomodation is being created for them. No-one is losing out, some will move seats a few rows lower or higher. Big deal.

Couldn't agree more. Especially as those forced to move about 50 yards will be compensated and will get first choice on all new seats.

I could understand the furore a bit more if these seats were being put in with no additional seating being added but no-one is really losing out.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Apr 2007 15:56

Stranded
Huntley & Palmer Who cares, hospitality rakes in far more money than fans do on a seasonal basis, therefore more accomodation is being created for them. No-one is losing out, some will move seats a few rows lower or higher. Big deal.

Couldn't agree more. Especially as those forced to move about 50 yards will be compensated and will get first choice on all new seats.

I could understand the furore a bit more if these seats were being put in with no additional seating being added but no-one is really losing out.

Two posts that are absolutely spot on!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Apr 2007 16:07

Stranded

The moan would be only slightly valid if the seats were owned by the ST holder in question, it's even worse considering they don't.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Apr 2007 16:15

Stranded

That is your opinion, mine is that I like my seat and those people around me and I don't like being asked to step aside to make way for a richer class of supporter. I think those affected who are not happy with such a move are entitled to raise awareness of what is happening and to lobby the club to change the plans before they are set in stone. Whoever handed out the leaflet did better than I did when I raised the issue on the stadium thread a month ago. Now the press are on the case, there is more chance of either a change of plans or a clear view on what is proposed.

Hospitality is still possible without causing as much disruption, there just needs a will to do it.

Diamond

by Diamond » 18 Apr 2007 16:48

to be fair, whilst my own view is that this is a lot of fuss over something very little, you can understand why those sat where they are may be a bit miffed!

Could the club look to install the new Hospitality Seats in the new part of the East Stand, e.g. higher up? Would save anyone any issues i would have thought?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Apr 2007 17:14

Now that I have had a closer inspection of the plans I am just saying bring it on.

It needs to be done for RFC to be able to compete. Actually the plans are very exciting.

I have no idea whether I will be forced to move seats or not. I don't think I would have to but I'm not sure. But even if I do have to its fine.

RFC needs to have all of this at the Mad Stad. With all this in place we will be ahead of every club in the Championship and half the Premiership in terms of the Stadia and facilities and revenue generating possibilities of our stadia facilities.

We will even be up there stadia wise with the likes of Spurs, Everton & Villa for the time being. Even though they will all make more cash from Sponsorship and merchandising than we could hope to. But at least we will be really establishing ourselves as a top 20 club off the pitch. If we can become top 20 off the pitch then we are more likely to be top 20 on the pitch as well and therefore maintain long-term Premiership status.

The more ambitious the club can be the better. They should offer as much hospitality accommodation as is physically possible and as much seating accommodation for the people of Reading as possible.

Reading is a fast growing town and the Football club is growing with it. I don't think anyone knows at the moment how big a club Reading really is. We have some idea but it could be alot bigger than we realise. Right now all we know is that our current facilities and stadia isn't big enough. Lets get bigger and find out if we are big enough then!

I will be gutted if the fans lose the Jazz bar though. The ordinary fans really do need a decent bar to drink in before and after the match. I hope the club isn't just thinking, ahh the fans'll be alright, there'll be plenty of drinking outlets in the concourses. We need a proper football bar in the East Stand for the proper football fans to drink in.

We could even call the bar Sidwells bar in honour of the great service he has shown down the years.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 17:21

I know that it has been said that proper 'fans' bars are on the agenda. We really need the Royals Rendezvous back - ideally one in each stand !

The point has also been raised with the club that some accessible, well priced eating facilities would be good. If you could turn up on the day and have a 'pub style meal at the ground at a reasonable price I think plenty of people would use it. The club want to find ways to spread the time people arrive and leave the ground and thngs like pub style bars would do that (and earn money !).

Despite what some people think the club do realise that not everyone who comes to the matches does so on company expenses !

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Apr 2007 19:12

Top Flight Now that I have had a closer inspection of the plans I am just saying bring it on.

It needs to be done for RFC to be able to compete. Actually the plans are very exciting.

I have no idea whether I will be forced to move seats or not. I don't think I would have to but I'm not sure. But even if I do have to its fine.

RFC needs to have all of this at the Mad Stad. With all this in place we will be ahead of every club in the Championship and half the Premiership in terms of the Stadia and facilities and revenue generating possibilities of our stadia facilities.

We will even be up there stadia wise with the likes of Spurs, Everton & Villa for the time being. Even though they will all make more cash from Sponsorship and merchandising than we could hope to. But at least we will be really establishing ourselves as a top 20 club off the pitch. If we can become top 20 off the pitch then we are more likely to be top 20 on the pitch as well and therefore maintain long-term Premiership status.

The more ambitious the club can be the better. They should offer as much hospitality accommodation as is physically possible and as much seating accommodation for the people of Reading as possible.

Reading is a fast growing town and the Football club is growing with it. I don't think anyone knows at the moment how big a club Reading really is. We have some idea but it could be alot bigger than we realise. Right now all we know is that our current facilities and stadia isn't big enough. Lets get bigger and find out if we are big enough then!

I will be gutted if the fans lose the Jazz bar though. The ordinary fans really do need a decent bar to drink in before and after the match. I hope the club isn't just thinking, ahh the fans'll be alright, there'll be plenty of drinking outlets in the concourses. We need a proper football bar in the East Stand for the proper football fans to drink in.

We could even call the bar Sidwells bar in honour of the great service he has shown down the years.

This was a very good post until that drivel at the end.
There are many players way out ahead of Steve Sidwell that gave more to this football club.

If you do want a bar named after Sidwell, maybe we can call it 'Loose Change'?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 19:14

Or how about the Krystell Lounge (although wasn't that a run down amusement arcade in Friar Street ?

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 18 Apr 2007 20:07

premiership_bound Cheers mate.

The one for the north stand also shows a hospitality area

http://documents.reading.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00012771.pdf

May just move into that :wink: ah whoops, bit of prawn just leaked out of my sarnie.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 18 Apr 2007 20:09

Behindu Interesting that the area has heated chairs shown in it on this plan.

:wink:

Just like my Merc - moving for sure.

207 posts