Trouble Alert

239 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Trouble Alert

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Dec 2008 20:07

OLEEE!!! was it just me, or did anyone else see a steward behind our goal lying on the floor? had he been smacked or what?

They were lying on top of a cardiff city fan, pinning him down. He was subsequently one of the arrests. At first I thought it was an injured steward also.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Dec 2008 20:09

There were reports coming out that a steward was indeed injured.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 26 Dec 2008 20:13

royalexile There were reports coming out that a steward was indeed injured.

he was face down on the ground, thankfully one cardiff fan had a heart, was a doctor and helped him out

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 26 Dec 2008 20:14

Oh, the sympathy!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Dec 2008 20:15

did he get knocked out?

Thames

by Thames » 26 Dec 2008 20:15

I missed this steward business, what happened?

philM

by philM » 26 Dec 2008 20:18

Thames I missed this steward business, what happened?

Some Cardiff fans surged forward a couple of times over the barriers and clashed with the stewards near the SouthWest corner just before the horses showed up.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 26 Dec 2008 20:23

I have always enjoyed Cardiff's support, shows real passion with a bit of an edge. Didn't disapoint today either. So much more exciting than our bunch of happy clappers ! Going to football is as much about the atmosphere as the football on offer and in all honesty most games are so sterile its not true. Those who call Cardiffs followers animals obviously didn't attend the Elm Park match against Swansea in the early 90's where our ground was torn apart and everyone of the away fans were up for trouble. Been to Ninian on several occasions and love the atmosphere down there, Cardiff show passion and originality in thier songs and support and it would be a shame to lose that because a few morons go overboard.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Cowardice of the stewards

by Rex » 26 Dec 2008 20:25

Tell me where the cowardice is. As already stated stewards are not there to deal with mass crowd disturbance. Individually or collectively. They are not supplied with the equipment or trained sufficiently to deal with frothing excitable supporters!! The basics of conflict management are to ensure containment and safe posture - not wading into away support. As already stated police specifically trained to deal with containment, segregation and arrests are de regeur in such circumstances.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Dec 2008 20:27

Bill Oddie I have always enjoyed Cardiff's support, shows real passion with a bit of an edge. Didn't disapoint today either. So much more exciting than our bunch of happy clappers ! Going to football is as much about the atmosphere as the football on offer and in all honesty most games are so sterile its not true. Those who call Cardiffs followers animals obviously didn't attend the Elm Park match against Swansea in the early 90's where our ground was torn apart and everyone of the away fans were up for trouble. Been to Ninian on several occasions and love the atmosphere down there, Cardiff show passion and originality in thier songs and support and it would be a shame to lose that because a few morons go overboard.

Agreed...but they do have more than their fair share of idiots

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Dec 2008 20:32

Rhys The Royal

Oh, the sympathy!

:!:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Dec 2008 20:37

gazzer, loyal royal

he was face down on the ground, thankfully one cardiff fan had a heart, was a doctor and helped him out

Oh my god - doesn't that just ruin everything? I got the impression that every single Cardiff supporter there today was an absolute animal not fit to sully the wonderous green and pleasant lands of Berkshire.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 26 Dec 2008 20:41

With you there, BOB. If one can't get passionate at footy then much of the appeal of the game vanishes. However, winning is important, too...

BTW, Robin Friday and hand signals anyone? How ironic given the oppo today .. ;-)

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 26 Dec 2008 20:47

apparently the steward injured was one of their own that they had brought done themselves, as they know how to handle the fans.

From what i've heard he may have been hit by a copper

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Dec 2008 20:49

Oh i'll say it then - 1p or 2p.

Cookie

by Cookie » 26 Dec 2008 21:23

Big Foot I had a bottle full of piss land inches away from me, the FA should investigate this

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Dec 2008 21:24

Thames
FiNeRaIn Loads of trouble unfortunately. Had my camera with me and a fair bit is filmed, will be youtubing in shortly.

That's clever. Get some people nicked :roll:
Yeah because there were no cameras at the ground manned by the control room, TVP and the tv companies :roll:

If Cardiff fans (or less likely, the stewards/police) committed crimes caught on camera then they're the ones to blamd for getting nicked for it.

Dan - B15 Royal

by Dan - B15 Royal » 26 Dec 2008 21:26

CocoPops We had abuse and phlegm spat at us on the South/UpperWest border. Not a steward in sight up there.
The webbing barely kept the Cardiff fans in the South Stand, in the end it was only some sensible Cardiff Fans (there are some) that held back the trouble makers.

Totally agree, i moved my ticket to sit in the upper west with the family today. That Cardiff 'animal spitting' fan if he can be called that was a disgrace. He spat and got an elderly person in row AA at the final whistle. That same idiot after they scored decided to venture onto the net webbing (segregation thingy) to try and get into the upper west, only to slip on the net and fall making him look like a complete tw*t!

Had a perfect view on the trouble at the end. With reguards to the pitch invasion a lady police officer was pushed over in attempting to push city fans back into the stand, causing batons to be bought out by the remaining officers, only prevoking more fans to pile onto the pich and attack the police, so police horses were a wise move today. A pC then started filming it, only for several fans to try and knock the camera out his hands causing yet more trouble. Eventually when a steward appeared in the upper west, about ten minutes after full time we were moved into the concourse so i didnt see if anyone was nicked!

Dan - B15 Royal

Re: Disgusted with Cardiff fans!

by Dan - B15 Royal » 26 Dec 2008 21:28

I as in the upper west today as well. 100% agree that the Cardiff 'animal spitting' fan if he can be called that was a disgrace. He spat and got an elderly person in row AA at the final whistle. That same idiot after they scored decided to venture onto the net webbing (segregation thingy) to try and get into the upper west, only to slip on the net and fall making him look like a complete fool!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Dec 2008 21:37

Thames Reading Fans = Bunch of gimps
A bunch of gimps would be beneath most keyboard warriors, obviously you find it a challenge to pit your wits against.... Happy fishing, don't forget to take regular breaks, maybe walk to the shops for some fresh air or something.

239 posts