Bradford away- biggest game in years...

517 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bradford away- biggest game in years...

by Man Friday » 16 Feb 2015 20:48

blueroyals
Turns8
Blue Blood We can request 15% so that is about 3750 tickets

Sunderland had 4000 so it is doable in the ground (Bradford can only refuse a request for 15% in an FAC game on safety grounds but the precedent has been set with Sunderland

Will RFC want to risk having to take 4000 tickets and not selling them (but having to pay for the lot) or will they go for the safe option of taking 1800 which is the TL Dallas Stand, used by away fans.... :? this is even before the usual points debacle... :roll: I'm happy to be proved wrong though RFC if you are reading this.. :lol:

This is exactly what happened 4 years ago against City in the QF. Surely they've learned their lesson?

What is exactly what happened...? The last time we made the Q/Fs of the F.A. Cup was 5 years ago home to Villa on 7 March 2010 (my 50th).

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 16 Feb 2015 20:50

Turns8
MmmMonsterMunch Obviously I want us to win but if there's one team we have to lose to, I'm delighted it's them.

Such a good draw for both clubs. They better fcuking put it on TV. :twisted:

Think all 4 QF's are on either BBC or BT Sport ftr...2 Saturday & 2 Sunday....lunchtime and late afternoon..

Of course.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 16 Feb 2015 20:54

For any supporter with memories of Phil Parkinson this is a miracle draw, almost regardless of the SF prospect. We can't lose.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Feb 2015 21:13

i've been waiting nine years for a "home" game and the circumstances really don't get bigger than this. The one team left in the draw that i'd be least pissed off to lose to but i really don;t want to lose with the carrot of a Wembley Semi final dangling.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 Feb 2015 21:17

The Bantam Menace Evening guys.

You'll get between 4,000 and 4,500 depending on segregation which I can't see being a massive problem. It gives you one of the stands down the side of the pitch.

Looking forward to the Phil Parkinson derby already.

Which side of the pitch is it, Mr Bantam? The sources I can find state only the TL Dallas Stand behind the goal is used for away fans, which of course won't be case here. Is it going to be part of the two tiered stand on one side or the single tiered structure on the other?

Can't wait for the Phil Parkinson derby either.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Feb 2015 21:19

WTF did this get moved to club policies for?

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 16 Feb 2015 21:19

RoyallyFcuked

You'll get between 4,000 and 4,500 depending on segregation which I can't see being a massive problem. It gives you one of the stands down the side of the pitch.

Which side of the pitch is it, Mr Bantam? The sources I can find state only the TL Dallas Stand behind the goal is used for away fans, which of course won't be case here. Is it going to be part of the two tiered stand on one side or the single tiered structure on the other?

It's the side from which the TV pictures are shown.

This stand.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Feb 2015 21:20

As I said on the draw thread, we will easily sell our allocation before anyone below 1,000 points gets a look in. There were 24,010 at the Sunderland game....capacity is 25,000...whatever allocation we take will be snapped up and those of us who miss out won't have the option of sitting in the home end as we did at City!

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 16 Feb 2015 21:23

Kitsondinho As I said on the draw thread, we will easily sell our allocation before anyone below 1,000 points gets a look in. There were 24,010 at the Sunderland game....capacity is 25,000...whatever allocation we take will be snapped up and those of us who miss out won't have the option of sitting in the home end as we did at City!

Don't count on getting tickets in the home end. Although our official capacity is 25k there are small portions of our ground that don't have the necessary safety certs so the Sunderland game was actually sold out.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 16 Feb 2015 21:32

The Bantam Menace
Kitsondinho As I said on the draw thread, we will easily sell our allocation before anyone below 1,000 points gets a look in. There were 24,010 at the Sunderland game....capacity is 25,000...whatever allocation we take will be snapped up and those of us who miss out won't have the option of sitting in the home end as we did at City!

Don't count on getting tickets in the home end. Although our official capacity is 25k there are small portions of our ground that don't have the necessary safety certs so the Sunderland game was actually sold out.

I know, I said that. The City in this case being Man City in 2011.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 Feb 2015 21:34

The Bantam Menace
RoyallyFcuked

It's the side from which the TV pictures are shown.

This stand.

Ah yes, the single tiered one. Thanks for that by the way.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 16 Feb 2015 21:34

Sunderland had 4000 so it is doable in the ground (Bradford can only refuse a request for 15% in an FAC game on safety grounds but the precedent has been set with Sunderland

Don't get to excited. Wolves away in the Play-off semi finals back in 2003 was arguably one of our biggest and most important ever games at that time, and we failed to sell our allocation, much to the amusement of the home fans.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 16 Feb 2015 21:36

oldebiscuit

Don't get to excited. Wolves away in the Play-off semi finals back in 2003 was arguably one of our biggest and most important ever games at that time, and we failed to sell our allocation, much to the amusement of the home fans.

Had 3 seasons in the PL since then.....It'll sell out quickly.

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 16 Feb 2015 21:39

Kitsondinho I know, I said that. The City in this case being Man City in 2011.

Ah, fair enough. Just wanted to clarify in case people saw the difference in the two figures and assumed there'd be spares available.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Feb 2015 22:11

Looking forward to this one, although looks like I may miss the semis when we make it :x

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 16 Feb 2015 22:18

Niko I live in Yorkshire and not a member, how easy will it be for me to get a ticket do you reckon?

Honestly, unless you know someone with Royalty points that isn't going and use their ticket.....no chance!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 16 Feb 2015 22:32

Man Friday
blueroyals
Turns8 Will RFC want to risk having to take 4000 tickets and not selling them (but having to pay for the lot) or will they go for the safe option of taking 1800 which is the TL Dallas Stand, used by away fans.... :? this is even before the usual points debacle... :roll: I'm happy to be proved wrong though RFC if you are reading this.. :lol:

This is exactly what happened 4 years ago against City in the QF. Surely they've learned their lesson?

What is exactly what happened...? The last time we made the Q/Fs of the F.A. Cup was 5 years ago home to Villa on 7 March 2010 (my 50th).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 421251.stm

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 16 Feb 2015 22:46

The pitch was very shoddy based on the highlights vs. Sunderland. How are we in the mud?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Feb 2015 23:01

Going to be a traditional old fashioned cup tie and we are going to get hit by a whirlwind from the kick off.

Pitch up there is very bobbly apparently so they're obviously going have the advantage on that front.

Really hoping SC is on the ball over this and ensures our lot are suitably wound up so they know exactly what to expect from Bradford esp. Stead, Clarke, Nott, Morais and McArdle.

Also I reckon we'll get the midday Sunday slot so should be good travel wise for us all.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Feb 2015 23:03

Wonder how much tickets would be... need to factor it all in along with a night in Leeds overnight

517 posts