Car Park ST's

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 16 Apr 2007 10:46

Royal Fleet I suppose the problem is that they sell the number of permits to match the number of spaces, and they are never closely inspected. So someone could lose one, replace it, and the lost one be used by someone else. Moreover this opens up potential for abuse with someone getting two for the price of one.

So the answer surely is to inspect them closely.

At the same time proper action about where late comers park in the car parks could be taken - IMHO a lot of the problems getting out of the car parks are down to people arriving late and parking exactly where they like, frequently on the ends of rows or even blocking exits.

I'd personally like to see the club go round at half time, take registration and permit numbers, and take action against people who 's selfishness messes it up for everyone else.

A re-painting on the lines in the car parks wouldn't hurt, too ....

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 16 Apr 2007 11:15

STAR Campaigns
Royal Fleet I suppose the problem is that they sell the number of permits to match the number of spaces, and they are never closely inspected. So someone could lose one, replace it, and the lost one be used by someone else. Moreover this opens up potential for abuse with someone getting two for the price of one.

At the same time proper action about where late comers park in the car parks could be taken - IMHO a lot of the problems getting out of the car parks are down to people arriving late and parking exactly where they like, frequently on the ends of rows or even blocking exits.

I'd personally like to see the club go round at half time, take registration and permit numbers, and take action against people who 's selfishness messes it up for everyone else.

I was thinking the same thing and would be interested to hear what the club have to say.
I appreciate that it means more work for the club in checking permits (perhaps they can get away with doing the occasional spot check) but the attitude where they want to take the maximum amount of their customers cash with the least inconvenience to themselves (AKA oxf*rd the fans) must stop.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Apr 2007 18:09

Paid last year and used it once for the pre-season friendly against Feyenoord..................it took the best part of an hour to get out even though the attendance was a mere 11k :?

So now, it's not just one of the worst places to park in Berkshire but if you lose your permit, tough sh*t!!

Up yours!!!

After at least 5 seasons, never again!!!!

The most stupid thing of all is that I would gladly travel by bus to most games if only they could get me back to the station 50 minutes after the final whistle..........................but that rarely happens because they insist on loading one bus at a time........................ :evil:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 Apr 2007 18:27

STAR Campaigns

It would help if the car park attendant did just that - attend. The times I have driven up an aisle with an "attendant" at the end of the row only to find no spaces.

There is always diabolical parking with just not quite enough space to park unless you own a Smart. Surely they should regiment the parking to ensure more spaces therefore more money.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 16 Apr 2007 23:48

next year i will not be buying a carpark ticket as its a waste of time as i dont like being held prisoner....i always go to the jazz or the millenium crap hotel and pay for their overpriced beer

next year, i will cycle 3 miles to my friends and then we will walk 1/2 mile to the local pub for a beer and then 1/2 mile to the ground...hopefully this will also keep me fit too