away supporters in the home end

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Sep 2006 13:29

bobby1413
Royal Bison
bobby1413 I would dread to think what would happen to the idiot stupid enoguh to celebrate a chelski or manure goal whilst in the home ends.

There would be a riot.

Oh yeah, like there was at the RFC / Chelsea cup game a couple of years ago :roll:

Well I still think there may be trouble. Depends on where this occurred. South stand I doubt anything would happen. But somewhere in the east stands, probably would kick off a bit.

It doesn't tend to kick off even in the East Stand. In the past there have been occasions when the stewards have completely ignored it, even though Reading fans have complained about the presence of vocal away supporters in a home section.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Sep 2006 13:34

As already said, it depends on just how much noise you make and your whole attitude. In the past near me there have been away fans - the only ones I remember being removed are QPR & Fulham fans, all of whom were bigging themselves up and drawing attention to themselves.

Other who didn;t make the same fuss were ignored.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 05 Sep 2006 13:46

Dirk Gently ...bigging themselves up and drawing attention to themselves.

Was it Tim Westwood?

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 05 Sep 2006 13:53

I'm really not too bothered if I'm sat near someone with a Man Utd shirt on at the Man Utd game....it's those with Man Utd shirts on at every other bloody home game that annoys me.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: away supporters in the home end

by Maguire » 05 Sep 2006 14:06

retired aggro What do the club do to away supporters in the home end. Obviously if they blend in and don't get noticed nothing, but what if one was to celebrate a goal. Do they just get thrown out or handed to the police and charged. And if they do charge them what do they charge them for?

If I see you at the game I am going to KICK THE FCUK OUT OF YOU, YOU MANC KUNT.

I'll be backed up by my Super Firm of Shakes, RL, and Schards, so you're a DEAD MAN.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Sep 2006 14:10

Can you wait until I've clambered across the North Stand barrier. Thanks

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2006 17:01

Huntley & Palmer Can you wait until I've clambered across the North Stand barrier. Thanks
we won't need you Hunts - we can deal with Tubes on our own. :wink:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Sep 2006 17:45

AF1 I do recall though some manc fan who thought it was a blinding idea to come stand on the right side of the bank with his kids I think - during the FA Cup game a good few years ago. As memory serves he got a smack in the face when he cheered their first goal :lol:

Best thing that happened to that oxf*rd. He was looking for it all through the 1st half. I was right next to him with my uncle, aunt and friend. Guaranteed there'll be trouble when Utd come to town. Their travelling army are a bunch of fcukin knobheads.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 05 Sep 2006 17:48

AF1 There was about half a dozen Leeds fans sat a few rows in front of us last season at the Mad Stad - when they they scored they stood up cheering - no one complained, kicked off and they weren't asked to leave.

I should point out I was in the upper west :(

I do recall though some manc fan who thought it was a blinding idea to come stand on the right side of the bank with his kids I think - during the FA Cup game a good few years ago. As memory serves he got a smack in the face when he cheered their first goal :lol:

I sat in the upper west for the leeds game the season before that except the leeds fans were sat right next to me.They showed no signs of hidding there delight when they scored.must be the same people

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 05 Sep 2006 18:04

bobby1413 I would dread to think what would happen to the idiot stupid enoguh to celebrate a chelski or manure goal whilst in the home ends.

There would be a riot.

Yeah, the lone fan would probably run the entire stand before being taken out and then the Reading 'hards' would have ago.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 05 Sep 2006 18:08

AF1 There was about half a dozen Leeds fans sat a few rows in front of us last season at the Mad Stad - when they they scored they stood up cheering - no one complained, kicked off and they weren't asked to leave.

I should point out I was in the upper west :(

I do recall though some manc fan who thought it was a blinding idea to come stand on the right side of the bank with his kids I think - during the FA Cup game a good few years ago. As memory serves he got a smack in the face when he cheered their first goal :lol:

Leeds fans seem to like doing that at the Madejski, I've seen plenty of Leeds fans in the home stands at Reading v Leeds games celebrating.... None of the stewards minding of course.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2006 18:14

bloke behind us wears a chelsea hat most winter games. If he wears it to the Chelsea game, I'm going to have him ejected. :wink:

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Behaving in a drunk, Unruly And Arrogant, Truculent, Abusive And Non-compliant manner

by retired aggro » 06 Sep 2006 09:19

So in summary, if I wear a big black coat with a black baseball cap I can do what the f*ck I want. Nice

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 06 Sep 2006 12:38

Tim Westwood should be supporting the local club of his yoof, Peterborough. His daddio was the Bishop.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 Sep 2006 13:15

retired aggro I won't be chanting or wearing United colours, the only worry is I may give it away if United score.

If United score :lol:

I know it isn't easy being in the home end as an away fan, speaking from experience from sitting in the home stands at Swindon when RFC have visited the County Ground having failed two years running to get myself a ticket in time :oops: .

First year was ok, went on my own and allowed myself a subtle little punch of triumph when Morley equalised but nothing else to celebrate in a 3-1 defeat. Following year went with my dad who celebrated quite vocally as we went 2 up in the opening ten minutes! Bloke to our left shifted uncomfortably in his seat but otherwise we didn't get any grief at all to be fair.

In an ideal world we could all sit together, enjoy a bit of 'banter' and shout for our team wherever we sit. Sadly, this isn't 1950's England and we are all passionate and partisan about our teams - I'd suggest it's a little disrespectful to openly celebrate in the wrong stand.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 06 Sep 2006 13:22

My worst experience of not being able to celebrate was watching the 7-0 drubbing of Barnsley from the Town End of EP, in amongst the Barnsley lot - and all because I was late getting to EP and knew if I walked round the ground to get to the South Bank I'd miss kick-off.

So as the goals went in again and again it was ahrdeer to keep quiet, and those surrounding me got more morose and aggressive with each one, making it even more important that I blend in.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 06 Sep 2006 13:24

Dirk Gently My worst experience of not being able to celebrate was watching the 7-0 drubbing of Barnsley from the Town End of EP, in amongst the Barnsley lot - and all because I was late getting to EP and knew if I walked round the ground to get to the South Bank I'd miss kick-off.

So as the goals went in again and again it was ahrdeer to keep quiet, and those surrounding me got more morose and aggressive with each one, making it even more important that I blend in.

Why didn't you just stand near a steward and then cheer when the Reading goal(s) went in. They might have let you move into the SB.

On second thoughts, when have RFC stewards ever had common sense - they would probably have just stood there watching you take a kicking :roll:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 06 Sep 2006 13:29

T.R.O.L.I.
Dirk Gently My worst experience of not being able to celebrate was watching the 7-0 drubbing of Barnsley from the Town End of EP, in amongst the Barnsley lot - and all because I was late getting to EP and knew if I walked round the ground to get to the South Bank I'd miss kick-off.

Why didn't you just stand near a steward and then cheer when the Reading goal(s) went in. They might have let you move into the SB.

On second thoughts, when have RFC stewards ever had common sense - they would probably have just stood there watching you take a kicking :roll:

If I saw any away fans near me I would punch them in the face.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Sep 2006 13:36

retired aggro So in summary, if I wear a big black coat with a black baseball cap I can do what the f*ck I want. Nice

Unless you bump into Maguire and the HNA Clique Crew.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 06 Sep 2006 16:51

There would be a riot.

CLOLassic.