No royalty points for fans who dont go!

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 13 Sep 2006 23:31

Forbury Lion To stop this i reckon the club should only add the royalty points to the persons member card account once they have entered the Madejski Stadium.

Forbury Lion Just remember to swipe his/her card in as well as your own.

There's always a way to beat the system. Maybe the club should spend a few million quid installing finger print recognition systems, or maybe DNA mouth swabs on the way in or something to prevent this abuse.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 13 Sep 2006 23:42

playoffs or layoffs
Forbury Lion To stop this i reckon the club should only add the royalty points to the persons member card account once they have entered the Madejski Stadium.

Forbury Lion Just remember to swipe his/her card in as well as your own.

There's always a way to beat the system. Maybe the club should spend a few million quid installing finger print recognition systems, or maybe DNA mouth swabs on the way in or something to prevent this abuse.

Maybe even a semen sample to be deposited once you're inside - mind you, even then you could beat the system by bringing in more than one person's semen in your mouth.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 14 Sep 2006 08:32

I don't know about you, but I can think of several preferred ways of transporting somebody elses Semen.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Sep 2006 11:02

What about women?

What if you have multiple semen samples, Do you have to buy additional tickets? Will those with a low spern count qualify for concessiont tickets? Do we get royalty points based on the number of times we knock one out at matches? I heard semen tickets non transferable - presumably because they're too sticky.

scouse_royal

by scouse_royal » 14 Sep 2006 19:40

Back to the topic in hand, no not semen, but would it be possible to purchase a kids ticket at £1 and still gain the 20 royalty points? I have this season purchased concession tickets for my younger cousin and received the points for Man Utd and Charlton. £1 for 20 royalty points is a better deal than Kevin Doyle!

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 15 Sep 2006 00:53

scouse_royal Back to the topic in hand, no not semen, but would it be possible to purchase a kids ticket at £1 and still gain the 20 royalty points? I have this season purchased concession tickets for my younger cousin and received the points for Man Utd and Charlton. £1 for 20 royalty points is a better deal than Kevin Doyle!

If it's on a child's member card then yeah, £1 for 20 royalty points.

This system forces people to buy a ticket, as its worth FOUR away games, its madness.

Feyernood and Darlington at home = 40 Royalty Points

EIGHT away games all over the country = 40 Royalty Points

anR

Re: No royalty points for fans who dont go!

by anR » 15 Sep 2006 10:15

riverroyal To stop this i reckon the club should only add the royalty points to the persons member card account once they have entered the Madejski Stadium.

An ideal plan, I feel. The club get their money, but to increase the loyalty points, the fans must be part of the atmosphere at the match, which will arguably improve the teams performance. Maybe this is a system the club will introduce within time...

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 15 Sep 2006 10:34

Royalty may rhyme with loyalty but that I can assure you is a conincidence of little relevance.

The sooner people realise royalty points bear no relation to whether or not one is a "loyal supporter" and merely reflect the amount of money paid out that the club directly benefits from, the sooner we can stop having these futile discussions.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Sep 2006 12:16

anR
riverroyal To stop this i reckon the club should only add the royalty points to the persons member card account once they have entered the Madejski Stadium.

An ideal plan, I feel. The club get their money, but to increase the loyalty points, the fans must be part of the atmosphere at the match, which will arguably improve the teams performance. Maybe this is a system the club will introduce within time...
Will stewards be issued with devices to measure individual fan volume and issue Royalty points on the spot for those making the most positive vocal support?

Presumably then, Season Ticket holders who miss games or sell back seats will not get their points?

TheMightyRoyal

by TheMightyRoyal » 15 Sep 2006 12:39

I have got a ticket for Darlington - i might go, i might not - i basically got it for the royalty points.....what winds me up is that you go all the way to Ipswich on a Tuesday night with 400 other Royals and we only get 2 points for that - so i don't really feel that guilty (fish, fish!!)

Oddesy2k

Tickets

by Oddesy2k » 15 Sep 2006 12:51

I have brought a ticket and accepted my royalty points with open arms. Im also gonna be there cheering on the lads in my seat. What gets me is why pay money for a ticket if you're not going to go?

anR

by anR » 15 Sep 2006 14:33

Forbury Lion
anR

Will stewards be issued with devices to measure individual fan volume and issue Royalty points on the spot for those making the most positive vocal support?

Presumably then, Season Ticket holders who miss games or sell back seats will not get their points?

The first two home games have pointed to the fact that more people make more noise. If people do not attend the game for whatever reason (or pass on their ticket), sure, they don't get their points. Surely at least a method to try to increase crowd sizes.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Sep 2006 14:38

anR The first two home games have pointed to the fact that more people make more noise. If people do not attend the game for whatever reason (or pass on their ticket), sure, they don't get their points. Surely at least a method to try to increase crowd sizes.

How would it increase the crowd size? It is more likely that the crowd would be the same but less tickets will be sold.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 15 Sep 2006 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

ShrewsandRoyals

Re: Tickets

by ShrewsandRoyals » 15 Sep 2006 15:11

Oddesy2k I have brought a ticket and accepted my royalty points with open arms. Im also gonna be there cheering on the lads in my seat. What gets me is why pay money for a ticket if you're not going to go?

It's a way of getting my lads points up so I can buy a ticket before they sell out. Due to his age he's only been able to have a card for a year, and it makes up for the miserly amount he'll get credited for Sheff Utd tomorrow.

Oddesy2k

by Oddesy2k » 15 Sep 2006 15:16

Buy why not go to the game?

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 15 Sep 2006 16:10

Oddesy2k Buy why not go to the game?

Perhaps it's because we live in Warwickshire, I don't drive, and wouldn't want to drag a 7 year old on the train, to the game, and get back after midnight on a school night.

We did the October cup game last year as it was half term, and will do so again if they get through and are drawn at home.

66DD

by 66DD » 17 Sep 2006 09:04

I'm going to have a 250 mile drive after finishing work at 5 o'clock at Tuesday to get to the Darlington game, which means I probably won't get there until after kick off and knowing the traffic on the M6 I might not get there at all. I'm going to be very pi$$ed off if I don't get Royalty points if I don't make it.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 17 Sep 2006 13:04

Oddesy2k I have brought a ticket and accepted my royalty points with open arms. Im also gonna be there cheering on the lads in my seat. What gets me is why pay money for a ticket if you're not going to go?

I must admit when we brought this subject up at the senior management meeting they told us that the 'no-shows' for the Feyenoord game was in line with normal games and so they do not think that it is something many people do just to get the points. They will, however, check how many buy the ticket but not use it for the Darlington game. Their point of view is that there are more people who are prevented from going to the league games through no fault of their own than those 'playing' the Royalty points for the cup/friendlies and so a change in policy may do more harm to their loyal supporters than good.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Sep 2006 13:37

I bought a ticket for the game but found out last week I have to go abroad on Monday so I'll miss the game. If the club offered refunds for things like this then I'd get one, they can't have it both ways.

I'll probably, against the club rules, pass the ticket on to some one else to use.

One good thing about the clubs ticketing system is that you never see a tout. Paper tickets are the exception as most people use member cards, which makes it difficult to sell on to a stranger.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Sep 2006 16:00

starliaison

I must admit when we brought this subject up at the senior management meeting they told us that the 'no-shows' for the Feyenoord game was in line with normal games and so they do not think that it is something many people do just to get the points. They will, however, check how many buy the ticket but not use it for the Darlington game. Their point of view is that there are more people who are prevented from going to the league games through no fault of their own than those 'playing' the Royalty points for the cup/friendlies and so a change in policy may do more harm to their loyal supporters than good.

Are Tesco going to start taking Reward Points back off me if I decide not to eat the apple I bought yesterday?

You spend the money, you get the points. It's not that difficult a concept and I don't know why anybody should feel the need to mess about with it.