How many ST renewals?

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 18 Apr 2007 09:42

Will definatly be renewing.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 11:47

philM [, but I don't believe that they have kept a list of the unsucessful ones,

You can bet they have !

There may not be 'priority' but you can be sure that anyone who said they wanted a ST but didn;t get one (or anyone who doesn;t renew, or anyone who has bought match tickets but doesn't apply ) will get a letter / phone call trying to make a sale....

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Apr 2007 12:09

Most definitely

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Apr 2007 12:09

Everyone I know will be renewing, not really bothered about whether the tourists do or not.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 12:18

I'd be disappointed if the alleged 'tourists' didn't - that will be lost support and lost revenue.

Although anyone who doesn't feel that this has been a superb season for us is probably 6 feet under and not that bothered about next year.

Hopefully those who want to go and stretched themselves financially to pay this season will have had a small pay rise !

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Apr 2007 12:24

It's in the balance for me really. It's a lot of money and don't know that I really enjoy it so much these days. The Premier League is massively overrated and basically only has four good teams. I'd really appreciate the extra free time not having to give up every other Saturday would allow me, although realistically I haven't got a clue what I'd do with it.

Also, away games >>>>>> Home games.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Apr 2007 12:25

Behindu I'd be disappointed if the alleged 'tourists' didn't - that will be lost support and lost revenue.

Although anyone who doesn't feel that this has been a superb season for us is probably 6 feet under and not that bothered about next year.

Hopefully those who want to go and stretched themselves financially to pay this season will have had a small pay rise !

Personally I am not bothered whether they do.
We are in the top flight so of course they will.

Everyone knows that.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 12:26

So why express an opinion about a mythical set of people ?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Apr 2007 12:30

Maguire I'd really appreciate the extra free time not having to give up every other Saturday would allow me, although realistically I haven't got a clue what I'd do with it.

Might I suggest you use the time to read a book?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Apr 2007 12:32

Home ST renewed but I'll pick and choose my away games accordingly next season. Bolton this Saturday has cost me £43.70 with train ticket/match ticket and I'll probably spend another £30 minimum Saturday on booze/food.

This season has been a joy because it's been unique as we had never been in the top flight, and were the underdog for most games in the season.Favourite away games have been Newcastle and Fulham, but also enjoyed Wigan, Sheff Utd and Boro for the atmosphere/banter on the trains.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Apr 2007 12:38

Behindu So why express an opinion about a mythical set of people ?

Why not, they have certainly done their bit filling the ground week in, week out this year.

When teams are successful more people attend, when teams get relegated (on the whole) people don't attend.

Fairweathers, tourists etc, etc.

Nothing to get worried about.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Apr 2007 12:45

The club know that if reading get relegated the ones who were priced out and had been going for years previous will come back if they reduce the prices.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Apr 2007 15:01

They won't reduce the prices though, certainly not first season. Just look at Palace as an example

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 15:06

bigmike The club know that if reading get relegated the ones who were priced out and had been going for years previous will come back if they reduce the prices.

It's far harder to win someone back than keep them.

I think the club are working on the basis that they will remain in this division for quite some time (although hopefully with a Plan B somewhere !).

Once people get out of the habit of going to all the games it is tough to get them back, especially for Reading where the football habit is a pretty new one for many.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 18 Apr 2007 16:05

I'm still undecided. I can't help but feel RFC don't need my support anymore, if I go then someone will quite happily take my place. Whereas teams such as Farnborough, Aldershot, MK Dons( :wink: ) would appreciate it alot more.

Away games > Home games

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 18 Apr 2007 18:12

Behindu Hopefully those who want to go and stretched themselves financially to pay this season will have had a small pay rise !

Yes. Yes, I have. I've had a pay-rise in line with inflation. I just realised that this means that RFC have actually reduced the real price of my season ticket, and so I shall certainly renew. Thanks for pointing this out Behindu!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Apr 2007 18:18

You need to email Nigel Howe straight away ! I'm sure the club can get some good press out fo this price 'reduction' !!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Apr 2007 18:19

Freddy Not sure, but I do know I am not enjoying it in the same way I used to.

Being surrounded by people baying at the referee about a player being offside .. from a throw-in (!) .. doesn't help much either.

You don't sit in Y21 do you? We also heard some idiot bawlinmg for offside direct from a throw in on Saturday! Talk about plastic!!

Huntley & Palmer They won't reduce the prices though, certainly not first season. Just look at Palace as an example

You're not serious are you? If we get relegated they won't reduce prices?

Are they really that stupid or do they just think football supporters are complete mugs?!

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 18 Apr 2007 18:39

I've recieved an email from the club saying
We will not be holding a movers week after the renewal period this season. We are expecting the vast majority of season ticket holders to renew their season tickets. This will leave very few seats to move into.

If there are any remaining seats for sale they will be offered to our member card holders wishing to purchase a season ticket on 2nd July.

what a load of old shit! :( :evil:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Apr 2007 10:13

RoyalBlue
Freddy Not sure, but I do know I am not enjoying it in the same way I used to.

Being surrounded by people baying at the referee about a player being offside .. from a throw-in (!) .. doesn't help much either.

You don't sit in Y21 do you? We also heard some idiot bawlinmg for offside direct from a throw in on Saturday! Talk about plastic!!

Huntley & Palmer They won't reduce the prices though, certainly not first season. Just look at Palace as an example

You're not serious are you? If we get relegated they won't reduce prices?

Are they really that stupid or do they just think football supporters are complete mugs?!

As I say, Palace brought in price staging for their season in the top flight. In fact I am pretty sure we based it on their pricing strategy. They then kept it the season after they went down, no price change