Season ticket sales

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 May 2007 12:22

If all season ticket holders renewed then said they wanted to move seats it would chaos. Why should you a get refund if you dont like the seat are allocated? Seems the club are offering a fair system that favours existing season ticket holders.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 May 2007 12:27

I know of a couple of seats in East Stand Row A, near the half-way line, that aren't being renewed if anyone wants to try and move to them.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 22 May 2007 12:54

Lower West If all season ticket holders renewed then said they wanted to move seats it would chaos. Why should you a get refund if you dont like the seat are allocated? Seems the club are offering a fair system that favours existing season ticket holders.

I don't know where to start with that post....

1. Your logic is quite clearly ridicolous. It's like saying if everyone decided to drive to the ground in seperate cars there would be chaos....no sh1t!

2. They have been movers weeks in the past, so it's not as though I was asking them to revolutionise their ticketing policies.

3. I don't expect the club to encourage people to move around, however, I hoped that as I had investigated the possibility of doing so they may be a little more accomadating with my request.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 May 2007 12:57

Seal 3. I don't expect the club to encourage people to move around, however, I hoped that as I had investigated the possibility of doing so they may be a little more accomadating with my request.

I suspect they might, but don't want to open the floodgates or set a precedent.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2007 13:28

Lower West If all season ticket holders renewed then said they wanted to move seats it would chaos. Why should you a get refund if you dont like the seat are allocated? Seems the club are offering a fair system that favours existing season ticket holders.

Surely everything you have just written there fully supports his argument!

Why not offer a movers week subject, of course, to there being seats left to move after existing season ticket holders have renewed. If there is a high take up then they have done the right thing in terms of customer service, if there isn't much interest then they haven't lost anything and still appear customer focused.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 May 2007 13:47

RoyalBlue

Surely everything you have just written there fully supports his argument!

Why not offer a movers week subject, of course, to there being seats left to move after existing season ticket holders have renewed. If there is a high take up then they have done the right thing in terms of customer service, if there isn't much interest then they haven't lost anything and still appear customer focused.

Think Seal was saying though that his decision to renew will be based on moving seats - ie he doesn't want to sit there next season. Apologies if I'm incorrect.

mx

by mx » 22 May 2007 13:51

My season ticket is in a lousy spot. Whenever I take my daughter to a game I get moved so we can have two seats together and I invariably get a better seat.

The fact that the club have decided not to offer a movers week this year has contributed significantly to my decision not to renew. I'll take my chances on missing a couple of games, and hopefully get a better view for the games I do go to.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 22 May 2007 13:58

Am I missing something here? Surely the obvious thing to do if you don't like your seat is to NOT renew, and then when renewals are finished, get in quick and buy a new season ticket somewhere that you do like (still at Reading of course).

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 22 May 2007 15:02

Already renewed and happy with my seats. I'm hoping to get two more for my family - hopefully Upper West cos we're frightfully posh.

Anyone heard anything about RFC's plans for any available seats? IIRC they're available from 2nd July but I haven't seen any information about how they'll be sold. First come first served (should I start queuing the previous evening?), based on Royalty points (in which case they're screwed cos they've only caught the RFC bug this season and accumulated 100 points) or what?

philM

by philM » 22 May 2007 15:08

Billy The Fish Am I missing something here? Surely the obvious thing to do if you don't like your seat is to NOT renew, and then when renewals are finished, get in quick and buy a new season ticket somewhere that you do like (still at Reading of course).

You wouldn't even have to "get in quick" assuming that the royalty points cut-off for 07/08 new season tickets is lower than the number of points that you got for your season ticket this time round. Problem is that you would need to be able to be more specific about your seat location than you can be at the moment - IIRC last time you could specify N/UW/LW/E as a 1st and 2nd choice preference. You couldn't select a block or row.

So, what you have suggested would work for stand changes ok, but with no guaranteed seating area.

I could understand people seated near the Drummer using this method..

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 22 May 2007 15:20

That Friday Feeling Already renewed and happy with my seats. I'm hoping to get two more for my family - hopefully Upper West cos we're frightfully posh.

Anyone heard anything about RFC's plans for any available seats? IIRC they're available from 2nd July but I haven't seen any information about how they'll be sold. First come first served (should I start queuing the previous evening?), based on Royalty points (in which case they're screwed cos they've only caught the RFC bug this season and accumulated 100 points) or what?

I have the same problem, I know the two seats next to me will be available. I want them fom my son and my mates son, as they are only young they have no points at all, we have 650+ surely my points should count towards my son who will obviously be a Royal for the rest of his life.

philM

by philM » 22 May 2007 16:04

No Hoops
That Friday Feeling Already renewed and happy with my seats. I'm hoping to get two more for my family - hopefully Upper West cos we're frightfully posh.

I have the same problem, I know the two seats next to me will be available. I want them fom my son and my mates son, as they are only young they have no points at all, we have 650+ surely my points should count towards my son who will obviously be a Royal for the rest of his life.

It will be done with a cut-off at x points (this season was 50 IIRC) - info is on the OS in the season ticket/new section. Number of points required can only be decided when the applications are all in.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 22 May 2007 16:22

is there anyone in the lower west that would like to move to the North, 1 seat only, North is prime spot one row back above the disabled section near the East stand, and if so would the club allow this?

Only disadvantage is to be sat near Bacon Double Cheese. :wink:

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 22 May 2007 16:44

philM
No Hoops

It will be done with a cut-off at x points (this season was 50 IIRC) - info is on the OS in the season ticket/new section. Number of points required can only be decided when the applications are all in.

Yes that's ok, but as I obviously want my son next to me, can I use my pts? I doubt it :cry:

I really don't fancy my chances of finding 5 seats together in the upper west.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 22 May 2007 16:52

Just noticed from the official site that it is

" New season tickets will be sold to existing member card holders, based on the number of royalty points held by the supporters wishing to purchase them"

I will be purchasing them, just checked and have 885 pts :D

I know it's flawed but by the letter of the Law as I am purchasing them my points count. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 May 2007 17:54

No Hoops Just noticed from the official site that it is

" New season tickets will be sold to existing member card holders, based on the number of royalty points held by the supporters wishing to purchase them"

I will be purchasing them, just checked and have 885 pts :D

I know it's flawed but by the letter of the Law as I am purchasing them my points count. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well no. The points must be in the name of the ticket holder not the purchaser otherwise there'd be nothing stopping me from buying STs for others and taking a small amount from them on top as a guarantee.

Harold

by Harold » 22 May 2007 18:10

Behindu
Harold I know a lot of people not renewing for next season.

Not surprised given the prices at Chelsea.

What have the prices at Chelsea got to do with reading season ticket renewals? :roll:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 May 2007 18:12

I think you might be right that you can purchase multiple tickets using your points.

What will stuff your plan is the condition of sale that they can only be used by the person named and can only be resold or transferred to someone else at with the permission of the club, so you can buy yhem, but you will have to sit in all the seats yourself.

Also if you want to buy a concession ticket you will have to prove you are entitled to one - proving someone else is entitled to it won't be good enough !.

Looks like the club have enough in their rule book to fool your little ruse !

Daniella

by Daniella » 22 May 2007 18:20

Great news if 3,000 plastics are not joining us next season, we can only hope the rate continues to grow. great news all.

URZZZZZ

Row V
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Welcome to NJ, where the weak are killed and eaten.

by Row V » 22 May 2007 18:21

Harold Obsessed