Standing at Tottenham

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jan 2008 00:38

floyd__streete
paulthealltoorepresentativereadingfan If your upper tier - just dont stand in front of me - seats are for sitting!!

Noted.

:lol:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Jan 2008 21:39

As predicted, there were squeals of "sit down" from behind me less than 20 seconds into the game.

I did notice that virtually none of the Reading fans, even those on the back rows, stood. Perhaps I should just give up and accept that there's no real desire to stand amongst my fellow fans.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 05 Jan 2008 21:56

Jerry St Clair As predicted, there were squeals of "sit down" from behind me less than 20 seconds into the game.

I did notice that virtually none of the Reading fans, even those on the back rows, stood. Perhaps I should just give up and accept that there's no real desire to stand amongst my fellow fans.

same 'sit down son' but it wasn't that bad.I liked the way the stewards marched up and down the pitch ordering the spurs fans to sit down.

reading_lad

by reading_lad » 05 Jan 2008 22:03

stood up all game in the upper tier, makes a change, to be fair only because there was those yellow bars behind me, so couldnt block anyones view.

Unless unreserved seating is introduced, Groups of reading fans will rarely stand during games

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 05 Jan 2008 22:08

Bit Pi**ed off that i was on the 1st row of the lower tier, but got 2 stand up for a bit tough!
I couldnt belive the stewards telling us to sit down when we scored our 1st goal :lol: wot me ment to do sit down and clap?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 05 Jan 2008 22:16

Royalshow
Jerry St Clair As predicted, there were squeals of "sit down" from behind me less than 20 seconds into the game.

same 'sit down son' but it wasn't that bad.I liked the way the stewards marched up and down the pitch ordering the spurs fans to sit down.

And they obliged. Obviously the Spurs fans respect the stewards and viser versa, where as we have a set of c**ts who just get off on being Hitler's.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Jan 2008 22:32

Coppelled Streets And they obliged. Obviously the Spurs fans respect the stewards and viser versa, where as we have a set of c**ts who just get off on being Hitler's.

The tango at the front had a real rapport going with them. They took the piss out of his "Dylan Kerr My Lord"-style motioning, and he responded by carrying on, but in a non-confrontational manner. I think he acceoted that they were going to ignore him, but he'd carry on doing his job anyway.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2008 22:52

Strange when you compare a team like Reading who have fans who want to stand up and/or sit down, but teams like Man United when they go on the road every fan wants to and does stand.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 Jan 2008 23:05

reading_lad stood up all game in the upper tier, makes a change, to be fair only because there was those yellow bars behind me, so couldnt block anyones view.

Unless unreserved seating is introduced, Groups of reading fans will rarely stand during games

I was sat on the back row of the top tier and I was told to sit down by stewards several times. Annoying, given that the home fans behind the goal spent most of the game standing.

reading_lad

by reading_lad » 05 Jan 2008 23:54

rabidbee
reading_lad stood up all game in the upper tier, makes a change, to be fair only because there was those yellow bars behind me, so couldnt block anyones view.

I was sat on the back row of the top tier and I was told to sit down by stewards several times. Annoying, given that the home fans behind the goal spent most of the game standing.

Me and my mate thought we would have problems with the stewards, but they said nothing. Why they can't just leave the fans at the back causing no trouble alone

Yes I know standing is against the rules and all that bollox

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2008 00:29

AF1 needs a seat near the toilets tho'

Big up to the Spurs stewards who sat him in the disabled toilet for 20 minutes of the game

Care in the community rules supreme

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 06 Jan 2008 09:34

AthleticoSpizz AF1 needs a seat near the toilets tho'

Big up to the Spurs stewards who sat him in the disabled toilet for 20 minutes of the game

Care in the community rules supreme

More details please :lol:

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 06 Jan 2008 11:50

:?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 06 Jan 2008 13:14

At the back of the lower tier next to the away fans, stood up without blocking the view of those behind me (they were stood all game) with absolutely no problems from stewards. interesting observations (been made before) about the yids next to us and the stewards at the front, there appears to be a mutual appreciation. The stewards there are clearly human rather than the pre-programmed robots we have at the Madejski.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jan 2008 19:27

After all the posts on this subject - i have to say i dont know what the fuss is all about.

Majority - and i am talking 98% of Reading fans chose to sit down yesterday - when action is exciting or a goal then we stood in our droves...and then everyone returned to their seats naturally. A sprinkle of people remain stood up - but your in a complete minority and this should be just left alone now.

reading_lad

by reading_lad » 06 Jan 2008 19:51

paultheroyal

After all the posts on this subject - i have to say i dont know what the fuss is all about.

Majority - and i am talking 98% of Reading fans chose to sit down yesterday - when action is exciting or a goal then we stood in our droves...and then everyone returned to their seats naturally. A sprinkle of people remain stood up - but your in a complete minority and this should be just left alone now.

Not completely true. I think there are quite a few who want to stand, however with people who want to sit having tickets towards the back, it prevents people from standing. Also, can't forget the stewards, who kept getting a group of people at the back of the top tier to sit down

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Jan 2008 19:57

reading_lad
paultheroyal

Not completely true. I think there are quite a few who want to stand, however with people who want to sit having tickets towards the back, it prevents people from standing. Also, can't forget the stewards, who kept getting a group of people at the back of the top tier to sit down

That's exactly why I hate using the online ordering system, it is completely random in terms of where you will be sat.

I will stand if the person behind me is standing, or the person in front. I would prefer to stand, but will not do it if it means the person behind can't see.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Jan 2008 20:21

bobby1413 I will stand if the person behind me is standing, or the person in front. I would prefer to stand, but will not do it if it means the person behind can't see.

Ditto.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jan 2008 20:39

Jerry St Clair
bobby1413 I will stand if the person behind me is standing, or the person in front. I would prefer to stand, but will not do it if it means the person behind can't see.

Ditto.

I am happy with that...providing it follows all the way back - no problem.

reading_lad

by reading_lad » 06 Jan 2008 21:57

paultheroyal
Jerry St Clair

Ditto.

I am happy with that...providing it follows all the way back - no problem.

Hopefully you won't have a ticket behind me for villa then ;)