Season ticket application 08/09

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season ticket application 08/09

by The 17 Bus » 10 Jun 2008 08:39

Platypuss
starliaison
Royal Lady Ours arrived today.

What happens if we want to change the name on a season ticket though - cos if we don't renew it in that name and then try and get a new one in another name, someone might have taken our seat by the time we're allowed to do it.

There is no official way to change the name on a season ticket as the ts&cs say it is non-transferable.

Not even if someone gets married?

More fool them :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jun 2008 08:40

Platypuss
starliaison
Royal Lady Ours arrived today.

What happens if we want to change the name on a season ticket though - cos if we don't renew it in that name and then try and get a new one in another name, someone might have taken our seat by the time we're allowed to do it.

There is no official way to change the name on a season ticket as the ts&cs say it is non-transferable.

Then the ticket has not been transfered to a new person.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jun 2008 13:42

Stranded
Platypuss
starliaison There is no official way to change the name on a season ticket as the ts&cs say it is non-transferable.

Then the ticket has not been transfered to a new person.

You're not responding to the same argument though! starliaison stated that 'there is no official way to change the name on a season ticket'. The married (or indeed divorced!) argument advanced by Platypuss shows there is in certain circumstances!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jun 2008 13:57

But in the same sentence SL also states that the "ts&cs say they are non- transferable".

If someone changes name due to marriage, the club will amend their records accordingly. They would not necessarily need to issue a new card in the woman's new name for any practical reason. They would also do this if someone's name was changed by deed poll. They would reserve the right to levy any charge if they see fit.

RL was asking about changing the name due to being a totally different person, which is not possible under the T&Cs.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 10 Jun 2008 15:32

Has anybody actually asked the ticket office if they can renew an existing ST but for another person? I can't see why they wouldn't be amenable to this. It's not like there's going to be a waiting list this year!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jun 2008 15:35

Stranded But in the same sentence SL also states that the "ts&cs say they are non- transferable".

If someone changes name due to marriage, the club will amend their records accordingly. They would not necessarily need to issue a new card in the woman's new name for any practical reason. They would also do this if someone's name was changed by deed poll. They would reserve the right to levy any charge if they see fit.

RL was asking about changing the name due to being a totally different person, which is not possible under the T&Cs.

Nice attempt at a recovery! :wink:

However, if you really were responding to those points, rather than that made by Platypuss, I'm not sure why you quoted him.

Equally I guess Platypuss could be asked why he took the comment out of its original context, so I'll concede on that.

In the event that someone does change their name, I would have thought it would be advisable for the club to change records and the member card itself as I really couldn't see them/their systems coping too well with two different names for the same person!!

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 10 Jun 2008 16:29

LOL @ free scarves is you get a ST :lol:

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 10 Jun 2008 20:34

Does anyone know if the Barclaycard ST Scheme is valid as last year?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Jun 2008 10:51

I'd ask Barclaycard personally

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Jun 2008 11:01

SHORT AND CURLY Does anyone know if the Barclaycard ST Scheme is valid as last year?

Yes it is an ongoing promotion from them, it doesn't matter what league we are in.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 11 Jun 2008 12:23

Went down yesterday to do it. Very quick and easy process. Anyone have any idea of how many have renewed?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jun 2008 13:55

Harry Carry LOL @ free scarves is you get a ST :lol:

Also, they just couldn't resist referring to the extra value offered by the additional four home games you get in The Championship!

I suppose that comes down to whether you prefer nineteen decent meals at a top restaurant or twenty-three at a dodgy greasy spoon!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Jun 2008 14:03

RoyalBlue

Also, they just couldn't resist referring to the extra value offered by the additional four home games you get in The Championship!

I suppose that comes down to whether you prefer nineteen decent meals at a top restaurant or twenty-three at a dodgy greasy spoon!

We aren't in league 2 yet.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jun 2008 16:27

Wycombe Royal
RoyalBlue

We aren't in league 2 yet.

Point taken. OK, a top restaurant v McDonalds!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 11 Jun 2008 20:01

For those that are interested I had this reply from Barclaycard today.

"With a Barclaycard Football MasterCard you can
enjoy 0% interest on season tickets or sports and leisure
purchases costing over £250. This promotional offer
applies to any sports club and not just Premiership football
teams. Please note that each purchase must cost over
£250 to qualify for the 0% offer."

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Jun 2008 07:49

RoyalBlue

well 4 at a top restaurant and 15 at a greasy spoon or 23 at a greasy spoon

is stoke v hull getting the "gordon ramsey" treatment over the summer so it will be so much higher standrard than it was last season?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 27 Jun 2008 10:04

Billy The Fish Has anybody actually asked the ticket office if they can renew an existing ST but for another person? I can't see why they wouldn't be amenable to this. It's not like there's going to be a waiting list this year!

You wouldn't re renewing it though. You'd be cancelling it and the second person would then be taking up that seat.

The cost difference between the renewal and a new application would be one very good reason that the club wouldn't allow it.

Also, in times of high demand (if they ever come back that is) it could possibly create a black market for ST's. You'd find people selling them onto the highest bidder and transfering the name across instead of the new applicant joining the queue.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 27 Jun 2008 14:41

I'm getting excited about getting my first season ticket on Monday.

Still not sure where to sit though. Where do you all sit?

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 27 Jun 2008 14:49

Sarah Star I'm getting excited about getting my first season ticket on Monday.

Still not sure where to sit though. Where do you all sit?

I try and stand...but not for long.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 27 Jun 2008 16:31

Billy The Fish Has anybody actually asked the ticket office if they can renew an existing ST but for another person? I can't see why they wouldn't be amenable to this. It's not like there's going to be a waiting list this year!

Why don't you do what I did and email them. As my son is off to Uni in September they let me 'renew' his ticket but in my wife's name.

I know some people have had problems with the TO but whenever I have had a query or problem they have been more then helpful. I just wish some other companies I deal with at work were as helpful, they could learn a lot from the Club.