Viagogo Ripoff

290 posts
Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Viagogo Ripoff

by Wimb » 22 Apr 2013 10:19

Here's a few more detailed thoughts I've posted on TTE.

http://www.thetilehurstend.com/2013/4/2 ... go-tickets

Realise it's being discussed here as well but any comments would be welcome on the site.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 May 2013 08:06

Man Utd fans try to take advantage of the baggies Viagogo resale for SAF's last match

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22484981

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 12 May 2013 00:47

SPARTA You buy a kids season ticket but when it goes on viagogo, it sells as an adult ticket. So you buy two kids season tickets as well as your adult ticket, and the kids tickets go on sale for every home game, bringing in £35 for most games and £60 for the Arsenal's, United's.. that's plenty of money to be made. It's abusing the system but the system is there to be abused. Means my ST is free plus money in my pocket.

If it's a child's ticket it goes on Viagogo as a child's ticket, at the (minimum of the) child's price.

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/readingfc/Spor ... s/E-486083

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 12 May 2013 20:29

Deadlock
SPARTA You buy a kids season ticket but when it goes on viagogo, it sells as an adult ticket. So you buy two kids season tickets as well as your adult ticket, and the kids tickets go on sale for every home game, bringing in £35 for most games and £60 for the Arsenal's, United's.. that's plenty of money to be made. It's abusing the system but the system is there to be abused. Means my ST is free plus money in my pocket.

If it's a child's ticket it goes on Viagogo as a child's ticket, at the (minimum of the) child's price.

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/readingfc/Spor ... s/E-486083

Bizzare, as I have sold our tickets a number of times and the price I set for mine is the price sold for all seats, and I received the money minus commission at those prices as well. Does it let you post up proof of previous sales? If so I'll gladly post a screenshot.

Edit:

Here you go. My adult ticket, my son's and nephew's - all went on at £40 each and sold for the total of £120.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 13 May 2013 00:55

How odd! Maybe it's different if you sell three together?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 13 May 2013 11:41

Yeah we've also sold a mix of adults and kids tickets, and all sold for the adult price.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 May 2013 07:30

Cobi Yeah we've also sold a mix of adults and kids tickets, and all sold for the adult price.

I don't suppose this has anything to do with the buyers all being adult? I mean, just because you bought a kids ticket that the seat has to be occupied by an u16 if you're selling it on.

Elazarus

by Elazarus » 15 Aug 2013 18:24

People who have used this service can you please help?

I'm a season ticket holder, and possibly may not be able to make the Watford game on Saturday, so thought I would list my ticket on Viagogo to give someone else the opportunity to go. I've listed it, but I could only list it at 27pounds at the cheapest??? I wanted to list it for 18.50 so that I could get the money back for what I paid and give someone else the chance to go at a cheaper price. Also if it doesn't sell and I decide to go, do I need to remove the listing ie. will the ticket still be loaded onto my season ticket until someone buys it?

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 15 Aug 2013 18:47

Elazarus People who have used this service can you please help?

I'm a season ticket holder, and possibly may not be able to make the Watford game on Saturday, so thought I would list my ticket on Viagogo to give someone else the opportunity to go. I've listed it, but I could only list it at 27pounds at the cheapest??? I wanted to list it for 18.50 so that I could get the money back for what I paid and give someone else the chance to go at a cheaper price. Also if it doesn't sell and I decide to go, do I need to remove the listing ie. will the ticket still be loaded onto my season ticket until someone buys it?

Those who sup with the devil pay the price of uncertainty.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Elazarus

by Elazarus » 15 Aug 2013 18:57

Ok I've figured that I can just deactivate the listing if I wanted to attend the game. Still annoyed that I can't list it any cheaper than 27 quid!?!?! Seeing as there are tickets at 11pounds?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Aug 2013 08:36

Just going back to the discussion about listing a child's ticket at an adult price - when the person who buys it gets the paper ticket, won't it say child's ticket on it? Because if you have a child/OAP or whatever ST, you can only upgrade it to an adult ticket through the club a few times. So I don't understand how you could sell a child's ticket through viagogo and get it issued as an adult ticket. Ergo, if some bloke buys one of the child tickets, he won't be able to use it for himself because the ticket will be a child's one and he'll get caught out by the machine when it beeps for a concession won't he?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 16 Aug 2013 10:42

Why not advertise it on here? Or Twitter and not let those con artists take a %??

Elazarus

by Elazarus » 16 Aug 2013 13:43

LWJ

Why not advertise it on here? Or Twitter and not let those con artists take a %??

Yea I think I may do that, screw Viagogo.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 16 Aug 2013 22:32

I'm always up for cheap tickets lol

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2013 23:27

LWJ

It'll be the club that have set the minimum price not the agent.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 04 Feb 2014 12:20

Do the club still use ViaGoGo? I'm guessing no as the demand wouldn't be there due to not selling out......im moving to Plymouth in two weeks so won't be able to do all games anymore (most but not all!)

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 Feb 2014 12:32

East Stand Ste Do the club still use ViaGoGo? I'm guessing no as the demand wouldn't be there due to not selling out......im moving to Plymouth in two weeks so won't be able to do all games anymore (most but not all!)

A quick check suggests it's still in use.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Feb 2014 12:44

East Stand Ste im moving to Plymouth

I'm sorry, hopefully things will look up for you soon - stay positive

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Feb 2014 12:47

:lol:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Feb 2014 18:09

East Stand Ste im moving to Plymouth in two weeks so won't be able to do all games anymore (most but not all!)

I assume you'll be driving?

290 posts