Season Ticket - Next Year?

323 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Apr 2007 11:50

premiership_bound
BowmansQuiver Why? Concessions are a bloomin' site cheaper than the full adult rate as it is and most pensioners I know, and young adults for that matter, have far more disposal income than your average man/woman with a mortgage around their necks..

I have a fookin great big mortgage and a 13 year cold oncession (which also means a £110 price hike for me) who aint got a lot of disposable income.

Why the club cant just have one proce for under 16s I don't know.

Half price for all kids, like many other concessions, what would that do for your disposable income?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 11:52

premiership_bound [Why the club cant just have one proce for under 16s I don't know.

Because it would mean the U12s paying more ?

I'm all for the club giving an extra discount to the youngest fans.

This is the last year my boy gets the cheapest price
but I've got a whole years notice of the fact so will put a bit aside.

Why do some people moan about everything that doesn;t work perfectly for their personal needs ?

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 06 Apr 2007 11:54

They could balance off the difference between the two so the jump is not so high.

OK an extra £110 pound aint that much over the year, but the point I was trying to make was that not all concessions are young adults with disposal income as BowamsQuiver was making out.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 12:08

I doubt most U16 have huge disposable income, agreed.

I'm surprised more people don't plan ahead though - stick a tenner a week away in a savings account and paying for your ST becomes a lot easier and most people won't notice the difference.

Reducing the difference between the U12 and U16 price would mean all U12 paying more though. Seeing as it is probably the age most kids get the bug I would rather the prices were rock bottom for the U12 - but of course with a full stadium that would be lost income for the club.

When we get the extensionm I'd hope they have some really good kids prices to ensure we fill the place still.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Apr 2007 12:26

paultheroyal Good chance i reckon they will freeze prices - and then slightly lower them next year on the first phase of ground improvements!!

First bit right - look forward to a reduction next year now!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 12:28

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before next year ....

We could be discussing prices in the Championship, debating whether UEFA cup games are included or trying to guess what the new Korean owners strategy will be !

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 06 Apr 2007 13:24

UEFA Cup matches will not be included as the clubs split the gate recipts 50-50.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2007 14:49

Behindu I doubt most U16 have huge disposable income, agreed.

I'm surprised more people don't plan ahead though - stick a tenner a week away in a savings account and paying for your ST becomes a lot easier and most people won't notice the difference.

Reducing the difference between the U12 and U16 price would mean all U12 paying more though.

Only if the club weren't prepared to share a little bit more of the massive windfalls they and the rest of the Premiership are getting.

And you can only stick a tenner a week away if you have it in the first place. Not everyone does.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 06 Apr 2007 15:07

T.R.O.L.I.
working class hero How do you get Mr M, Woodcote and Wycombe all on the same unicycle?
Put Mr M on first and the others will crawl up his bottom.

ALOL at that one :lol:

you mean PMSL big time!!!!!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 15:37

Only if the club weren't prepared to share a little bit more of the massive windfalls they and the rest of the Premiership are getting.
.[/quote]

Any theories as to where they are stashing all the excess ?

RoyalBlue And you can only stick a tenner a week away if you have it in the first place. Not everyone does.

If you are buying a season ticket then you obviously have that sort of money....choice between finding it in one lump or putting it away in small lumps in advance isn;t related to how much cash you have.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Apr 2007 16:29

[i]Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has promised Latics fans the cheapest season-ticket prices in the Barclays Premiership next season should the club avoid relegation.

Earlier this year, Whelan slashed matchday ticket prices to £15 and £20 - depending on the opposition - in a bid to boost attendances for the club’s final seven league games.

Now he is planning to go one step further for the 2007/08 campaign should manager Paul Jewell keep the struggling club in the top flight.

“The town is coming round to the idea that Wigan Athletic are a Premier League side,â€

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 17:45

Well done Wigan !

If only RFC would follow their example and try and set prices that meant we too had a full stadium every week !

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 06 Apr 2007 18:14

I may have missed it, but does anyone know if there will be a "movers week" as there was last season?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Apr 2007 21:12

working class hero
Wycombe Royal Well at least this has confirmed one thing - WCH talks out his arse. :wink:

Thank goodness you have conclusively provided the scientific proof....

All that was claimed was that I would not be surprised to see a hike. And I would not have been [nor would many other posters].

I also felt a reduction would have been justified in view of the massive increase in Sky cash.

How do you get Mr M, Woodcote and Wycombe all on the same unicycle?

I actually laughed at your joke, but it's a shame you couldn't see the funny side of my sarcasm (maybe you didn't spot it, even with the use of a smilie)

Oh well, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

working class hero

by working class hero » 06 Apr 2007 23:00

Wycombe Royal
working class hero
Wycombe Royal Well at least this has confirmed one thing - WCH talks out his arse. :wink:

Thank goodness you have conclusively provided the scientific proof....

All that was claimed was that I would not be surprised to see a hike. And I would not have been [nor would many other posters].

I also felt a reduction would have been justified in view of the massive increase in Sky cash.

How do you get Mr M, Woodcote and Wycombe all on the same unicycle?

I actually laughed at your joke, but it's a shame you couldn't see the funny side of my sarcasm (maybe you didn't spot it, even with the use of a smilie)

Oh well, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Et tu Wycombe. You seem to have lost the humour in my reference to scientific proof... I stress that I have a great deal of admiration for Mr M too - but [being human] he is not perfect. I would have a huge amount more respect if he would be a little straighter with regards to the level of his investment. I really do recommend that you all have a look at the accounts at some time and appraise them critically.

Have a lovely Easter and enjoy an egg or two [if Wodecote hasn't scoffed them all].

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 06 Apr 2007 23:09

we went to the Arse with Woody and I think he had already been on the choccy eggs. :wink:

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Apr 2007 00:24

Fulham Football Club has today launched its new season ticket pricing structure for season 2007/2008 to its fans and is delighted to announce that certain areas of the ground have been reduced by up to 36% meaning tickets can be purchased from as little as £299; In addition an early bird price freeze option allows current Season Ticket holders to purchase their tickets at last season’s price.

Furthermore, to encourage long term retention of fans, the option of purchasing a three year season ticket at this season’s pricing, is also available.

Junior Season Ticket prices remain frozen at £155 for the fourth season, making Fulham one of the most competitively priced London clubs, and the introduction of a new initiative which offers a FREE season ticket to an Under 8, when purchased with an adult season ticket, reaffirms Fulham’s commitment of rewarding the loyalty of its fans, whilst simultaneously appealing to new supporters.

Competitive concession pricing allows 17 – 20 year olds the option of continuing to watch their club without the restrictive hike in price from junior to adult, again underpinning the importance of rewarding loyalty to the supporters.

Managing Director, David McNally commented: ‘At Fulham we have long been the ambassadors of competitive pricing policies and rewards to our fans. We were one of the first clubs to offer free coach travel to our travelling support, and championed the freezing of season ticket prices as we entered the Premiership from Division 1, with early bird pricing options being introduced last season.

‘Being able to launch our new, even more competitive ticketing policies next season will, we hope, ensure that our loyal fans are rewarded and will attract those that have not yet committed to purchasing a season ticket from us.

‘I am confident that the initiatives we have put in place will help us to continue to support our football team, by increasing the number of fans that attend our home games, as has been the case throughout the current season.’

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 07 Apr 2007 08:40

a price freeze is just acceptable for this year, just. the fact the ground is being extended should really mean the club can afford to lower the ticket prices using all the extra gate recipts they will get. i expect the season after next prices to start coming down, especially if they want to be able to fill 38000 every week.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Apr 2007 20:09

working class hero Et tu Wycombe. You seem to have lost the humour in my reference to scientific proof... I stress that I have a great deal of admiration for Mr M too - but [being human] he is not perfect. I would have a huge amount more respect if he would be a little straighter with regards to the level of his investment. I really do recommend that you all have a look at the accounts at some time and appraise them critically.

Have a lovely Easter and enjoy an egg or two [if Wodecote hasn't scoffed them all].

Fair enough.

But the burning question is are you renewing all your season tickets?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 20:16

Nigel Howe was on BBCBerks saying that they did not want to price fans out, well for many of us that has already happened, as one txter told BBc Berks.

323 posts