Season Ticket - Next Year?

323 posts
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 07 Apr 2007 20:22

Unless the club give tickets away then there will always be some who are priced out.

How many are genuinely priced out and how many simply choose a couple of pints or 20 fags a day instead of their football is hard to tell.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 20:40

It is all about what folk decide is value for money, I think that £30 to watch a 90 minute game is bad value, therefore i rarely go.

I cannot earn that in two hours so am not going to spend it to watch a game of football.

However I accept that footbaal viewers are changing and the clubs are targetting the wealthier in society, good business.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 Apr 2007 12:42

Anyone know how many Royalty Points are allocated for purchasing the ST, as it's not anywhere on the website.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 10 Apr 2007 12:56

RG30 Anyone know how many Royalty Points are allocated for purchasing the ST, as it's not anywhere on the website.

For reference last season a ST was worth 195 Royalty Points.

If you purchased the matches individually (Silver, Gold, Platinum) they were worth a total of 190 Royalty Points plus a possible 5 points for purchasing a member card but I assume most fans already had member cards from the previous season.

Physci

by Physci » 11 Apr 2007 18:02

Royalty points are being allocated at the time of renewal (195 points) so this will impact bands for buying tickets for the remaining matches of this season ie those in lower bands will be elevated to higher bands through the renewal process (I'm assuming that RFC will not adjust the bands to reflect this/encourage early ST renewal).

That said may not have too great an impact as Blackburn the only away match not yet on sale.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 11 Apr 2007 18:24

Physci Royalty points are being allocated at the time of renewal (195 points) so this will impact bands for buying tickets for the remaining matches of this season ie those in lower bands will be elevated to higher bands through the renewal process (I'm assuming that RFC will not adjust the bands to reflect this/encourage early ST renewal).

That said may not have too great an impact as Blackburn the only away match not yet on sale.

Yeah, this will pretty much make no difference at all. Bolton sales are down to 400-odd points and it's an unattractive fixture anyway and we won't sell out Blackburn so the points again mean nothing more than some being able to buy a ticket earlier than they would have. Would have been interesting if our final game of the season was at Arsenal though!

I'm going to hold off renewing for a bit, the deadline is way off and that £545 is doing just fine gaining interest with the rest of my savings.

On a different note I wonder if there will be any freebies this time around like the year book, nothing's been mentioned. :(

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Apr 2007 19:55

can't be bothered to read all the other posts on this topic so sorry if this has already been covered but does anyone know whether there will be a "Movers Week" like last season?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Apr 2007 22:17

Nothing on the OS to suggest it, so no

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 11 Apr 2007 23:21

Man Friday can't be bothered to read all the other posts on this topic so sorry if this has already been covered but does anyone know whether there will be a "Movers Week" like last season?

At the moment there is not many seats available to move to as it is. It's a practical sell out to Season ticket holders, apart from the South which they have to leave available anyway. Therefore not much chance in being able to move!

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 11 Apr 2007 23:30

Man Friday can't be bothered to read all the other posts on this topic so sorry if this has already been covered but does anyone know whether there will be a "Movers Week" like last season?

At the moment there is not many seats available to move to as it is. It's a practical sell out to Season ticket holders, apart from the South which they have to leave available anyway. Therefore not much chance in being able to move!
Yes but not everyone will renew their ST.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Apr 2007 06:58

would still like to get my dad into the Lower west.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 12 Apr 2007 09:38

The_Cat

Those seats that do not get renewed will go to new ST holders I would imagine so still not much scope for moving around

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Apr 2007 09:46

Huntley & Palmer
The_Cat

Those seats that do not get renewed will go to new ST holders I would imagine so still not much scope for moving around

It can be done, if you get in quickly. In the past they have allowed a very brief period for existing ST holders to move to seats that have not yet been taken up by renewals, before opening them out for general sale. However, there aren't usually very many that are available and those that are tend to be in less popular locations anyway.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Apr 2007 09:49

Plus the reason that there was a movers week last season was that they were so inundated with halft STs over Xmas & Jan that they just dished them out in a mad rush, so no-one got a choice with them.

Having said that, they ought to do a movers week if they can.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2007 09:51

Renewals close on 15th June, new sales start on 1st July.

Obviously this is mainly to ensure the admin is sorted prior to new sales but there may well be a few days in that period where moving is possible.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 12 Apr 2007 09:54

Dirk Gently Plus the reason that there was a movers week last season was that they were so inundated with halft STs over Xmas & Jan that they just dished them out in a mad rush, so no-one got a choice with them.

Having said that, they ought to do a movers week if they can.

Last renewals by 15th June. New applications 2nd July.

I would guess that they've allowed time to accommodate movers' requests although I'd be surprised if they make it as formal as the last one. In theory, after the last "movers week", everyone should be happy with their seat.

EDIT. Stranded beat me to it.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 12 Apr 2007 10:19

Stand by for the moans from people who think they ought to be able to get 4 together on the half way line...

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 12 Apr 2007 12:30

Behindu Stand by for the moans from people who think they ought to be able to get 4 together on the half way line...

Wouldn't that interrupt the play somewhat?

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 12 Apr 2007 12:38

I spoke to someone at the ticket office yesterday about moving my season ticket. It doesn't appear that there will be an official 'movers week', but they said that the best thing to do is write in with your specific request when renewing your ticket.

My aim is to untite two seperate groups of 3 season ticket holders, so fingers crossed...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Apr 2007 13:22

Seal I spoke to someone at the ticket office yesterday about moving my season ticket. It doesn't appear that there will be an official 'movers week', but they said that the best thing to do is write in with your specific request when renewing your ticket.

My aim is to untite two seperate groups of 3 season ticket holders, so fingers crossed...

Bit late now but you might have stood a better chance of achieving that had both groups proved themselves to be thoroughly unpleasant neighbours over the course of the season! :wink:

323 posts