Whole Stadium to be a Cash free zone. (UPDATED)

290 posts
Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Whole Stadium to be a Cash free zone. (UPDATED)

by Sun Tzu » 17 Feb 2009 16:51

You can already use your mobile to buy things - you can pay for car parking in Reading via mobile. It's painfully slow, unuser firendly and they charge you extra for doing it !

At the Mad Stad there are a range of problems (agreed one of them is the staff but that isn't the whole story), if the cashless system allows them to fix other problems then perhaps they'll end up with a better service at the end of it ....

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Mar 2009 20:53

QuickPay to be withdrawn
Posted on: Wed 11 Mar 2009

The Club has announced that QuickPay, the cashless payment system that has been operating on a trial basis at some refreshment kiosks in parts of the Upper West Stand concourse, will be withdrawn at the end of the current 2008/9 season.

The trial has seen an improvement in the speed of service and the system may be considered again in the future, however at the present time a full roll-out is not a priority.

For all remaining home games this season, supporters in the relevant areas will be able to pay with a mixture of card and cash on any transaction.

With immediate effect, supporters will no longer be able to top up their cards with cash, and are advised to use their card at remaining home games in order to run down account balances.

Any supporters who still have cash balances at the end of the season will be able to apply for a refund by completing a refund form. The usual £1 admin fee will be waived.

All Member Card and Season Ticket holders in the relevant areas will be contacted directly by the Club, and any queries should be emailed to royalsquickpay@readingfc.co.uk

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 61,00.html

Ho hum...

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 12 Mar 2009 00:34

Platypuss Reading FC's commitment to QuickPay is part of a programme of investment in concourse kiosk facilities including upgraded tills, faster beer dispense equipment in selected stands and staff training, while improving the speed of service on concourse bars is one of the three pledges made by the Club to the Football League this season.

So has any of the above been reached then?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2009 13:38

That Friday Feeling
QuickPay to be withdrawn
Posted on: Wed 11 Mar 2009

The Club has announced that QuickPay, the cashless payment system that has been operating on a trial basis at some refreshment kiosks in parts of the Upper West Stand concourse, will be withdrawn at the end of the current 2008/9 season.

The trial has seen an improvement in the speed of service and the system may be considered again in the future, however at the present time a full roll-out is not a priority.

For all remaining home games this season, supporters in the relevant areas will be able to pay with a mixture of card and cash on any transaction.

With immediate effect, supporters will no longer be able to top up their cards with cash, and are advised to use their card at remaining home games in order to run down account balances.

Any supporters who still have cash balances at the end of the season will be able to apply for a refund by completing a refund form. The usual £1 admin fee will be waived.

All Member Card and Season Ticket holders in the relevant areas will be contacted directly by the Club, and any queries should be emailed to royalsquickpay@readingfc.co.uk

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 61,00.html

Ho hum...

Of course no one on here would stoop as low as saying 'I told you so'! :lol:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 12 Mar 2009 15:01

I'd think this has to be the least surprising piece of news of the season !!

Alivey

by Alivey » 12 Mar 2009 16:10

Good move by the club. Lord Howe-Howe will be pleased.

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 24 Jul 2009 12:31

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I saw the following snippet in an article on contactless payment systems in last weeks Computing and thought that some people might be interested in it.

But not every early adopter is pressing ahead. Reading FC trialled a contactless systems for one season but postponed the project due to financial constraints. “We found a dew pitfalls by being an early exponent of the technology, which was a huge success – despite reservations from fans – and reduced queuing times from 13 minutes to about three minutes,” said Garry Hanson, the club’s IT manager. “This caused newer issues we had not considered – fans used to filter out five to seven minutes before half time for food and drinks, but as their confidence grew, there was a rush at the half-time whistle instead,” he said. “ I am always looking at driving the technology forward at the club. However, like many clubs, the money available to push these projects has been reduced during these hard times.”

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jul 2009 15:15

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I saw the following snippet in an article on contactless payment systems in last weeks Computing and thought that some people might be interested in it.

But not every early adopter is pressing ahead. Reading FC trialled a contactless systems for one season but postponed the project due to financial constraints. “We found a dew pitfalls by being an early exponent of the technology, which was a huge success – despite reservations from fans – and reduced queuing times from 13 minutes to about three minutes,” said Garry Hanson, the club’s IT manager. “This caused newer issues we had not considered – fans used to filter out five to seven minutes before half time for food and drinks, but as their confidence grew, there was a rush at the half-time whistle instead,” he said. “ I am always looking at driving the technology forward at the club. However, like many clubs, the money available to push these projects has been reduced during these hard times.”

'Early exponent of the technology'? Maybe amongst professional football clubs but not elsewhere. My own place of work has been using this technology for over a decade. However, as I stated at the outset, whilst it works very well with a nice steady flow of customers spread over an hour or so, dealing with 1,000s in a very short space of time was always going to be a challenge, particularly when the law of sod kicked in and the system crashed at a critical time.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 26 Jul 2009 18:51

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I saw the following snippet in an article on contactless payment systems in last weeks Computing and thought that some people might be interested in it.

well thats a lie, in no way was the queueing made shorter by this

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jul 2009 20:01

RoyalBlue

'Early exponent of the technology'? Maybe amongst professional football clubs but not elsewhere. My own place of work has been using this technology for over a decade. However, as I stated at the outset, whilst it works very well with a nice steady flow of customers spread over an hour or so, dealing with 1,000s in a very short space of time was always going to be a challenge, particularly when the law of sod kicked in and the system crashed at a critical time.

Jesus, even Exeter University had it in '99 and then got rid of it because when all is said and done, real money and debit cards are better in most places.

290 posts