A bit worrying

1418 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Aug 2007 20:21

Tickets now only for sale in the corner of upper west.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 01 Sep 2007 17:54

Woodcote Royal wrote earlier in the thread......

But keep posting, Schards, things could be quiet on the work front for the next few weeks and this is becoming more entertaining with every passing sellout

You'll be sure to point out all of these sold out matches won't you Woodcote?

:P

I understand that last season we sold all the home tickets for every game. In three games this season we've just about sold out one of the season's highest profile games and failed to sell out the other two both of which were relatively high profile. Can you still not see any evidence of a drop in demand?

8) (Stevie Wonder)

Oh, and we're not missing Sidwell at all are we?

:P

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Sep 2007 18:37

Good to see that you rushed home to post that we had 500 empty seats, others would have been concerned more about the result.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2007 18:45

We didn't rush, we couldn't, as our walking was hampered by the buses coming down the hill. :P

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Sep 2007 19:32

surely if there was no demand the buses would not be there, PS I hope you took photo's

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Sep 2007 14:40

Email being sent out to all registered Member Card holders

Dear Supporter

Tickets are now available on General Sale to all Member Card holders for Reading FC's next two home Barclays Premier League games at the Madejski Stadium against Wigan Athletic on Saturday 22nd September, kick off 3pm and against Derby County on Sunday 7th October, kick off 2pm.

Both these games are Silver Category fixtures and prices start from just £6 with good availability currently for both fixtures. Each member receives 15 Royalty Points for purchasing a ticket for either of these games. (Please remember one ticket is available for purchase per member)

To purchase tickets for either of these games now visit our online ticketing service at http://www.readingfc.co.uk or either telephone the Sale Centre on 0870 999 1871 or visit in person during opening hours which are 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 12pm Saturdays

If you have already purchased tickets for either of these games then thank you for your purchase and support. If not we look forward to welcoming you to back the Royals at the Madejski Stadium soon.

Kind Regards

Reading Football Club

Wigan is over two weeks away and Derby four. Getting a bit desparate isn't it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Sep 2007 14:49

Nothing wrong with a bit of marketing to people who may not be regulars

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 06 Sep 2007 14:59

Huntley & Palmer Email being sent out to all registered Member Card holders

Dear Supporter

Tickets are now available on General Sale to all Member Card holders for Reading FC's next two home Barclays Premier League games at the Madejski Stadium against Wigan Athletic on Saturday 22nd September, kick off 3pm and against Derby County on Sunday 7th October, kick off 2pm.

Both these games are Silver Category fixtures and prices start from just £6 with good availability currently for both fixtures. Each member receives 15 Royalty Points for purchasing a ticket for either of these games. (Please remember one ticket is available for purchase per member)

To purchase tickets for either of these games now visit our online ticketing service at http://www.readingfc.co.uk or either telephone the Sale Centre on 0870 999 1871 or visit in person during opening hours which are 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 12pm Saturdays

If you have already purchased tickets for either of these games then thank you for your purchase and support. If not we look forward to welcoming you to back the Royals at the Madejski Stadium soon.

Kind Regards

Reading Football Club

They can do one. I'm not paying to sit in a soulless bowl with a bunch of shirters moaning at me for swearing.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Sep 2007 15:03

AF1
Huntley & Palmer Email being sent out to all registered Member Card holders

Dear Supporter

Kind Regards

Reading Football Club

They can do one. I'm not paying to sit in a soulless bowl with a bunch of shirters moaning at me for swearing.

What has the England game got to do with Reading (other than Shorey !) ?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Sep 2007 15:06

Stranded Nothing wrong with a bit of marketing to people who may not be regulars

Perhaps if the marketing of tickets was correct in the first place, then the ticket office would not need to resort to emailing anyone who has ever registered for a member card in the first place. I presume they scrapped the points banding for Derby then, as it surely should still be on sale to people with X points still?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 06 Sep 2007 15:09

Huntley & Palmer
Stranded Nothing wrong with a bit of marketing to people who may not be regulars

Perhaps if the marketing of tickets was correct in the first place, then the ticket office would not need to resort to emailing anyone who has ever registered for a member card in the first place. I presume they scrapped the points banding for Derby then, as it surely should still be on sale to people with X points still?

I had a look at both the Derby and the Wigan games and you only need 5 points for each...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Sep 2007 15:10

Huntley & Palmer

Don't disagree everyone knows the ticket office has been a shambles in the past. But at least they are now being proactive rather than waiting for sales esp for two games that everyone knew would be the least attractive and would likely be the smallest gates of the season.

I would guess that could explain why they've removed bandings for the Derby game - particularly as Sky are also showing that game live.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Sep 2007 15:17

It's taken them until we get into the Premier League to still not get it right? That's some achievement, even for a club with as bad a ticket office as ours. I don't buy into the whole should we expand/should we not expand argument, what's the point when the root of all problems is a ticket office that is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard at selling the things in the first place.

How many seasons did people suffer on the phones at an extortionate rate trying to buy tickets?
Why are we only now implementing an away ticket online sales facility?

It's a joke to be honest and shows how inept and underfunded this area of business is. This your main core of your business, this is the bit you get right at all costs. These are your customers that keep you in business for fecks sake!!!

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 06 Sep 2007 17:03

Huntley & Palmer
It's a joke to be honest and shows how inept and underfunded this area of business is. This your main core of your business, this is the bit you get right at all costs. These are your customers that keep you in business for fecks sake!!!

So are you saying that having realised they had appointed the wrong person to run the TO and got rid of them and replaced them with someone who took changes slowly to get things right and is now being more proactive and doing some marketing, that the club are inept?

Certainly my experience recently is that unless you try to ring when the phone lines open you seldom wait long and are dealt with politely and efficiently.

They have some bad publicity to overcome from the last season in the Championship but I don't think it fair to assume things are still as bad

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Sep 2007 17:20

So you think the bandings are not still a complete shambles then? There have been changes, I appreciate that, but the length of time taken to realise this is staggering and it's hurt the club in the pocket for quite a while.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Sep 2007 18:15

Huntley & Palmer It's taken them until we get into the Premier League to still not get it right? That's some achievement, even for a club with as bad a ticket office as ours. I don't buy into the whole should we expand/should we not expand argument, what's the point when the root of all problems is a ticket office that is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard at selling the things in the first place.

How many seasons did people suffer on the phones at an extortionate rate trying to buy tickets?
Why are we only now implementing an away ticket online sales facility?

Could almost have written that myself! :wink:

westendgirl
Huntley & Palmer

So are you saying that having realised they had appointed the wrong person to run the TO and got rid of them and replaced them with someone who took changes slowly to get things right and is now being more proactive and doing some marketing, that the club are inept?

IMO, a good few years ago - soon after we moved to the Mad Stad - they had an extremely good ticket office manager by the name of David Luker. Unfortunately they weren't able to keep him and our loss was Southampton's gain. Another case of not (being able) paying a competitive market rate for the top talent?

I also found a very interesting thread where Saints fans not only discuss David Luker (some singing his praises extremely highly) but also the merits/difficulties behind introducing a seat buy back scheme for season ticket holders.

http://thesaintsforum.co.uk/showthread. ... 811&page=2

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Sep 2007 00:44

Now that is a forward thinking sales manager. Excellent to hear he is willing to communicate with the paying customer and explain where things have gone wrong and what they are trying to do to fix it. The ideas going forward are excellent as well, I just wish someone within RFC would have the gumption to do the same

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 07 Sep 2007 10:17

What's the old adage about being nice to people on the way up because you might need a favour on the way down? Chickens of rip-off phone lines and catering coming home to roost?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Sep 2007 11:19

Huntley & Palmer Now that is a forward thinking sales manager. Excellent to hear he is willing to communicate with the paying customer and explain where things have gone wrong and what they are trying to do to fix it. The ideas going forward are excellent as well, I just wish someone within RFC would have the gumption to do the same

Now it's clear that we, rather than Southampton, are really the giant club of the south, perhaps we should try to lure/poach him back.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 07 Sep 2007 11:58

RoyalBlue
Huntley & Palmer Now that is a forward thinking sales manager. Excellent to hear he is willing to communicate with the paying customer and explain where things have gone wrong and what they are trying to do to fix it. The ideas going forward are excellent as well, I just wish someone within RFC would have the gumption to do the same

Now it's clear that we, rather than Southampton, are really the giant club of the south, perhaps we should try to lure/poach him back.

John Hobson seems to be doing OK so perhaps fair to give him a chance.

David is a Royals fan so may fancy a move - swap deal for Saints fan Andy West perhaps ? :wink:

I would agree that whenever I've had dealings with Mr luker he's been spot on...

1418 posts