Final tickets

1424 posts
Mr Irascible

Re: Final tickets

by Mr Irascible » 19 May 2011 11:39

Every bl oo dy time

An Error Occured
We are sorry to report there has been a system error. The system administrator has been notified.

Please click here to try again.

Thank you

©Ticketzone 2010 : Web Development & Hosting by Flint Media Limited

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 19 May 2011 11:39

RoyalBlue Absolute shambles and it's not RFC's fault! (Unless you blame them for falling for TicketZone's claims that they could handle this better than our own systems).

Really well done to RFC for providing the very patient person on the live webchat on OS.

Tips for those still trying with Ticketzone. Use Firefox or Chrome (opposite to RFC's system which appears to prefer Internet Explorer). Clear your internet history each time you fail/get kicked out. The latter might be coincidental but I finally succeeded having done that.

this just worked for me as well!!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Booking

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 May 2011 11:40

This is what I put in the ticketing thread in Club Policies :

Svlad Cjelli I deduce that where it's going wrong is once you select tickets and it goes to the next stage - if too many other people have selected tickets in the same row at the same time it throws a wobbly because there suddenly aren't enough left to sell in that row.

There ought to be proper locks and reservations to stop this sort of thing happening - so it's not anything to do with browsers, it's sloppy, sloppy back-end programming and poor capacity planning.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 May 2011 11:40

Mr Angry I know this will sound trite, but I'm a little hacked off (if understanding) that RFC are holding ALL their Cat 5 tix for their Corporate Partners; do that many people from Waitrose REALLY want to go to the game???

I can't see if anyone else answered this Mr A but isn't this the FA's commercial partners? I know I've been offered access to £98 tickets through non-RFC related channels.

Obviously I've declined as there's no facepaint or jester hats in that section

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 May 2011 11:42

Silver Fox
Mr Angry I know this will sound trite, but I'm a little hacked off (if understanding) that RFC are holding ALL their Cat 5 tix for their Corporate Partners; do that many people from Waitrose REALLY want to go to the game???

I can't see if anyone else answered this Mr A but isn't this the FA's commercial partners? I know I've been offered access to £98 tickets through non-RFC related channels.

Not just Waitrose, though - all the companies who have MadStad boxes or use the other hospitality facilities at the MadStad would be interested.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 May 2011 11:43

Svlad Cjelli
Silver Fox

Not just Waitrose, though - all the companies who have MadStad boxes or use the other hospitality facilities at the MadStad would be interested.

Plus the Vice-Presidents etc

Kareem Abdul-Jabar

by Kareem Abdul-Jabar » 19 May 2011 11:44

2 hours and 20 minutes and finally purchased all 16 required tickets. The very helpful lady on the phone said she wouldn't even bother with the website as it has hardly processed any sucessful orders all day because it keeps falling over. This was meant to a dedicated website used because it could handle large volumes of traffic. Say 20,000 season ticket holders between us and Swansea, of which surely no more than about 8,000-10,000 would be trying online this morning. How bad is that?!?! Imagine how bad it will be when it's opened up to the masses on Saturday. What the hell happens when they have 70,000 Robbie Williams fans bombarding their servers? Meltdown!!!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 May 2011 11:46

What I can guarantee is - alot of the corporate seats will be empty. Although I've just had an offer of one - so might sell my Cat 2 ticket.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 May 2011 11:51

Kareem Abdul-Jabar The very helpful lady on the phone said she wouldn't even bother with the website as it has hardly processed any sucessful orders all day because it keeps falling over. This was meant to a dedicated website used because it could handle large volumes of traffic.

That is pretty poor for a professional company whose business is selling tickets.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 May 2011 11:51

Update from teh RFC Faceybook

Ticket update: we sold 7,000 in the first two and a half hours of sales, thanks everyone for the support. At the minute there's a 10 minute queue in person for Category 5, about 1hr 45mins for categories 2, 3, and 4.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 19 May 2011 11:52

Mr Hoppy A warning to others. It may have been a coincidence by I spent 75 minutes trying to get through using Mozilla Firefox and it kept crashing after the point where you pick your seats and rows. Like I said it may have been a coincidence, but first time I used IE9, I got all the way through the process.

There are still a number of websites which struggle with Firefox unfortunately.

I spent 2 hours and 17 attempts before getting mine. I am using ie7 and following what I read I cleared the cache and that seemed to work

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 19 May 2011 11:54

135!

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 19 May 2011 11:54

Svlad Cjelli Update from teh RFC Faceybook

Ticket update: we sold 7,000 in the first two and a half hours of sales, thanks everyone for the support. At the minute there's a 10 minute queue in person for Category 5, about 1hr 45mins for categories 2, 3, and 4.

That's pretty impressive!

I know the money from ticket sales from the semi finals is split between all 4 clubs, does the same apply for the final?

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 19 May 2011 11:56

Relying on my uncle to get us some good seats. Will phone him tonight hoping for good ones! I'm so glad the play-offs are always around my birthday, means I don't have to pay for a ticket, Wembley ticket for my birthday present 8)

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 May 2011 11:57

leicsRoyal
Svlad Cjelli Update from teh RFC Faceybook

That's pretty impressive!

I know the money from ticket sales from the semi finals is split between all 4 clubs, does the same apply for the final?

For the semis, 50% goes to the FL and the rest is spait between the 4 clubs.

For the final, 50% goes to the FL and the rest is split between the two clubs. So we get 25% in total.

This is after all expenses, of course.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 19 May 2011 11:58

RoyalBlue
Mr Hoppy A warning to others. It may have been a coincidence by I spent 75 minutes trying to get through using Mozilla Firefox and it kept crashing after the point where you pick your seats and rows. Like I said it may have been a coincidence, but first time I used IE9, I got all the way through the process.

Funny that because a lot of other people are reporting failure with IE and first time success with Firefox. Would seem it's probably coincidental and the root cause of the problem is the site itself.

Didn't get in with IE but went straight through with Firefox. Thanks for the tip.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 May 2011 11:59

Isn't it a sort of tradition that the winning club bung their gate money at the loser?

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 19 May 2011 12:07

Finally booked after more than a dozen attempts and getting to different stages of the booking each time, even as far as providing payment details, it's the worst online booking system I have ever had to encounter and I book alot of stuff online....!!!

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 19 May 2011 12:08

if you alot think this is bad, you should have tried getting Take That tickets :?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 19 May 2011 12:10

Sarah Star
RoyalBlue

Funny that because a lot of other people are reporting failure with IE and first time success with Firefox. Would seem it's probably coincidental and the root cause of the problem is the site itself.

Didn't get in with IE but went straight through with Firefox. Thanks for the tip.

seemed to be the cache, and the CFID... a restart and it seems to let me in...

1424 posts